My Last Game With An Company Named:

Guest Reimar

Last experiences with (UN)TRUE.

I was on Monday at the TRUE office for to complain about the slow down of the connection in the evening to nearly unuseable for the last 2-3 weeks now.

Big discussion about everything except the (UN)TRUE Service! Last one they was trying to avoid to speak about! Truely understandable!

Finally the was peomissing that some Engineer would come the next day. And he really was coming!

I was show to him my connection Logs incl. a few hours of Screen recording! No comment about that! His action was to open all connection even as I told him that would NOT have an positive effect at all. He also just was cutting my main Networkcable, the one which was coming from the Modem/Router to the Main Switch! Not disconnect, just cut!! Than he was measuring the ADSL connection with his nice toy-meter and says: all OK, not problems! Problem your System Sir! I charge 350 Baht for Service!

I told him connect the cable back that everything work as before!

He was try to connect the cables back and as he was starting to try to fix the cutted Network cable back together, I told him to leave my property now very quickly.

I think he has realize that something was very wrong and that's better thyat he leave.

He was calling to the Calling Center and they was calling to me to tell me that I've to pay Baht 350 for Service. I was reply That's fine and I charge TRUE with Baht 3,000 for Property damage and that I'm happy to see them on Court! Bye!! Down the phone. The Engineer was leaving very fast.

I was install a whole set of new Cable for Network and Telephone and why I was just doing that I just was making all connection new, with new cable and new connectors and the old Networkcable I was changing to Cat6 STP.

Now my connection back to normal and better than before. Pingtime to TV Server just 30 min. ago by 100 pings all below 60 ms. Tracing you can see here:

02/20/08 20:05:17 Spade Log

02/20/08 20:05:30 Fast traceroute thaivisa.com

Trace thaivisa.com (203.174.84.82) ...

1 10.0.0.2 1ms 1ms 1ms TTL: 64 (No rDNS)

2 124.121.220.1 21ms 21ms 45ms TTL:254 (ppp-124-121-220-1.revip2.asianet.co.th ok)

3 210.86.189.49 20ms 16ms 18ms TTL:253 (ppp-210-86-189-49.revip.asianet.co.th ok)

4 10.169.49.1 24ms 23ms 23ms TTL:251 (No rDNS)

5 61.90.133.238 22ms 147ms 87ms TTL:250 (61-90-133-238.static.asianet.co.th ok)

6 61.90.133.237 18ms 17ms 19ms TTL:250 (61-90-133-237.static.asianet.co.th ok)

7 61.90.254.89 18ms 18ms 20ms TTL:249 (61-90-254-89.static.asianet.co.th ok)

8 203.144.144.27 20ms 18ms 17ms TTL:248 (203-144-144-27.static.asianet.co.th ok)

9 61.91.210.1 20ms 19ms 17ms TTL:247 (61-91-210-1.static.asianet.co.th ok)

10 122.144.28.1 17ms 20ms 19ms TTL:246 (TIG-Net28-1.trueinternetgateway.com probable bogus rDNS: No DNS)

11 122.144.26.206 51ms 52ms 53ms TTL:245 (SG-ICR-ANC1-26-206.trueinternetgateway.com probable bogus rDNS: No DNS)

12 122.144.28.26 52ms 53ms 56ms TTL:244 (TIG-Net28-26.trueinternetgateway.com probable bogus rDNS: No DNS)

13 203.118.3.176 54ms 54ms 53ms TTL:243 (tenGe-1-1-an-ats-int10.starhub.net.sg probable bogus rDNS: No DNS)

14 203.117.6.210 57ms 53ms 58ms TTL:242 (No rDNS)

15 203.174.80.70 55ms 54ms 51ms TTL:241 (203-174-80-70.rev.ne.com.sg ok)

16 203.174.80.50 53ms 57ms 56ms TTL: 49 (203-174-80-50.rev.ne.com.sg ok)

17 203.174.84.82 60ms 55ms 53ms TTL: 48 (thaivisa.com

Loading of the TV Site 6 second!

Cheers.

I am having difficulty understanding part of your message.

So after the so called tech guy left, you replaced your cat5 to cat 5, going from computer to router and switch. You also replaced the phone cable from where? The pole outside or inside your house.

To difficult to undertsand this:

I was install a whole set of new Cable for Network and Telephone and why I was just doing that I just was making all connection new, with new cable and new connectors and the old Networkcable I was changing to Cat6 STP.

All means all phonecables from the first cut that engineer has doneto the different connection within the house:new cable soldered from the cut and with new connectors inside the house.

Changed the old and now unuseable Cat 5 UTP cable to an new Cat 6 STP cable include new Cat6 RJ45 Connectors!

Clear anough now?

Cheers.

Checked my Server Logs last night and found out that they was moving my connection to an SME channel with an 1:20 sharing. Im now on the same channel as one of my customers which is on the same exchange as me.

That move clarify why my connection is now that much better.

Checked the connection at same time via remote control from an computer at my customers office in BKK, near to TRUE HQ, shows that same old bad connection.

Also TRUE was modifying something on the Exchange in my Moban before yesterday. Their engineers was working until 9 pm there.

Somtamnication:

Maybe my english isn't good enough for you but if you're unable to read a word with number, here Cat 6 instead as Cat 5, it's you who need to lighten up!

Carib:

All cables in my house are mine and not some ones cable.

Cheers.

FYI: My TRUE connection was 100% better starting yesterday than it has been in several weeks and could connect normally with TV in the evening for the first time in weeks. Other posters using other providers have reported the same improvement yesterday. So perhaps it is a general improvement.

FYI: My TRUE connection was 100% better starting yesterday than it has been in several weeks and could connect normally with TV in the evening for the first time in weeks. Other posters using other providers have reported the same improvement yesterday. So perhaps it is a general improvement.

Just checked by remote via a customers computer in BKK the ping time to TV Server: 140-190 ms on average!

At my place right now blow 60 ms on average!

Cheers.

Something has gotten better yesterday all of a sudden. Ping times to US servers are dramatically better than before, now in the 300's for me. And for me thaivisa.com ping is below 50ms, even slightly better than Reimar. Not to say these are good numbers, but just a heck of a lot better than before!

Can someone help me by explaining what exactly ping time is and why that is the method of testing speeds compared with download times.

I get a ping time to a US server of 322 ms (which according to some of the above posts is acceptable) but my download speed is 223 kb/s which to me is very very slow. I have a 512/128 connection from CSSLoxinfo.

Can someone help me by explaining what exactly ping time is and why that is the method of testing speeds compared with download times.

Ping time is the round trip time from your computer to distant server and back. It also provides info about packet loss which is good to know.

Just think of ping as being the length of the pipe and download speed being the size of the pipe.

Another good command you can use when ping times are really bad is "tracert". This will show the ping times for each hop from your computer to distant server.

Checked my Server Logs last night and found out that they was moving my connection to an SME channel with an 1:20 sharing. Im now on the same channel as one of my customers which is on the same exchange as me.

That move clarify why my connection is now that much better.

Checked the connection at same time via remote control from an computer at my customers office in BKK, near to TRUE HQ, shows that same old bad connection.

Also TRUE was modifying something on the Exchange in my Moban before yesterday. Their engineers was working until 9 pm there.

Somtamnication:

Maybe my english isn't good enough for you but if you're unable to read a word with number, here Cat 6 instead as Cat 5, it's you who need to lighten up!

Carib:

All cables in my house are mine and not some ones cable.

Cheers.

How does one tell what ratio ie 1:20 etc your connection is at any given time?   Is there a ping of some sort for that?  I see its in your server log, but how could I see mine for example, is it possable?

How does one tell what ratio ie 1:20 etc your connection is at any given time? Is there a ping of some sort for that? I see its in your server log, but how could I see mine for example, is it possable?

No, you can't see the sharing value. I get that info from an friend from TRUE, he's an engineer at the corporate section. I know which range the SME package having and my connection was changed to the range after I was complaining, send the Service Engineer at home and told to the Service Lady that I would file a complaint to NTC!

I'm very well known at TRUE because I also handle some high level Corporate Accounts from some of my customers, business I was bringing to TRUE. So may that even had some effect?!

Cheers.

Cut the cable

...... dunno, but sounds like a little far flung. have had technicians from all walks in my house, never has anyone cut a network cable.

Complain to NTC, your not good at poker obviously & probably gave them a giggle. NTC cant even settle handle the "big fish" ( i.e. freq. allocation ), let alone a weeny issue ( in their perspective) like this.

Edited by skippybangkok

Cut the cable

...... dunno, but sounds like a little far flung. have had technicians from all walks in my house, never has anyone cut a network cable.

Complain to NTC, your not good at poker obviously & probably gave them a giggle. NTC cant even settle handle the "big fish" ( i.e. freq. allocation ), let alone a weeny issue ( in their perspective) like this.

You're wrong! I had the experiences wit NTC some time ago in the case against CS-Loxinfo and it worked very well! And it's the only existing Consumer Protection Office for Complaints about Telecommunication and Internet is an part of it.

Anyway before you post such comments in an specific situation, here an Internet Issue on the public Consumer side, you should be aware about the facts. If you had some experiences by yourself you can show the prove of that, if not, better keep quiet.

In my case you can look back to 2006 here at TV and find even a copy of the final Court Order against CS-Loxinfo, and all this was possible with interaction of NTC only!

Cheers.

Edit: Forget to mention that the "engineer" even didn't has the tool for to tighten screw's, he used a cable cutting clamb for to do that and that waqs the same cutting clamb he was using to cut the Network cable! And the screws he was try to tighten, wasn't and one of the phone wires even wasn't connected at all!

Edited by Reimar
add sentence