Bakery Cafes In Khon Kaen

Macx

Are there any good farang-style bakery cafes in Khon Kaen?

Last time I was there, I tried Black Canyon and True Internet Cafe. Decent coffee at both places, True had some OK pastries and a great sitting area.

Does anyone know of a place where a good baguette or crusty pastries can be enjoyed with a nice cup of coffee in the morning?

Ah, almost forgot: And a good place for pizza? :o

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Last time I was there, I tried Black Canyon and True Internet Cafe. Decent coffee at both places, True had some OK pastries and a great sitting area.

Does anyone know of a place where a good baguette or crusty pastries can be enjoyed with a nice cup of coffee in the morning?

Ah, almost forgot: And a good place for pizza? :o

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

I like the coffee shop of the Sofitel, not cheap but......

Ah, almost forgot: And a good place for pizza? :D

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

:D:D

Macx..my husbad wants to invite you to have a coffee with us. :o .....We will be in Khon Kaen 3weeks a year.

Might be you can ask farang guys in Khon Kaen about the good farang-style bakery cafes.

Hope someone can help you out.

:D

Edited by Totster
Link removed - see forum rules

Ah, almost forgot: And a good place for pizza? :D

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

:D:D

Macx..my husbad wants to invite you to have a coffee with us. :o .....We will be in Khon Kaen 3weeks a year.

Might be you can ask farang guys in Khon Kaen about the good farang-style bakery cafes.

Real good pizzas you can find from here,,

http://www.pizzauno.net/

that is just behind of Kosa hotel...

if you like real Italian style pizza then this is your place.

Thanks, Krub!

I'll save that for Sunday brunch :o

Anything else? French bread?

Macx,

I was thinking of the pastry/coffee shop at entrance left of lobby (not the hotel's coffe shop/restaurant which serves buffets).

They do/did great cappuccinos

I also got areal 'schtolen' for Xmas one year with real marzipan inside miam miam

I was thinking of the pastry/coffee shop at entrance left of lobby (not the hotel's coffe shop/restaurant which serves buffets).

They do/did great cappuccinos

I also got areal 'schtolen' for Xmas one year with real marzipan inside miam miam

you mean 'der Stollen'?

Thanks for the kind thoughts. I'd be delighted to, but I'm only passing through Khon Kaen, spending about a week or so.

I turn to the wisdom of this forum because I don't want to spend several mornings wandering around with a caffeine/pastry withdrawal headache like I did last time I was in the city.

It's a pretty well-run city. I'm rather fond of it. Just need to figure out a few details.

Please bookmark this page because, surely, there will be many good suggestions :D

Cheers

Krub,

Thanks! Cappuccinos and mazipan! Oh, yum-yum-yum! Wow.

I'll be there for sure :o

MarcoH,

Thanks for the link. Actually, I have some friends in Khon Kaen who love Italian style pizza (and so do I). I'll take them there as a treat! Much appreciated!

Cheers

Thanks, nev!

I'll be bicycling around the lake so I'll look for it. Where is it, generally?

This thread has given me three good places already. I'm really looking forward to it. I'll try them all and report back in a month :o

Cheers

Thanks, nev!

I'll be bicycling around the lake so I'll look for it. Where is it, generally?

This thread has given me three good places already. I'm really looking forward to it. I'll try them all and report back in a month :o

Cheers

mate as you come to the lake from the city centre before you get to the temple turn left you will find it on your right hand side you cannot miss it, it is a very nice looking place big glass windows and they have a kiwi bird on there sign.

highly recommend this place the cakes are yummy and when i go to khon kean from my village i pop in too enjoy some falang food.