What Thefxxxxxs Up

Nignoy

Why is there a banner blocking out view new topics?? this is taking advertising abit to far, I now have to search all forums, could you please rectify this :o Nignoy

Which browser are you using and have you changed the standard font sizes?

I have no problem on Firefox.

Nignoy, sounds like your computer as nothing has changed on mine, I can see everything just fine. Have you changed anything in your computer lately to alter the settings?

Also, to those who might want to offer some advice on how to block these banners, Thai Visa is made possible by advertising, something to bear in mind perhaps.

What size is your monitor? I had this problem on my old monitor (tiny little 15 inch thing from 2001). Curiously enough, I've never had this problem on my laptop. I wonder if it has to do with screen resolution?

Computer techie people, anyone know?

That could be the settings to other settings than normal. What I mean is if you set the settings for a different Font size or so it could have that effect.

Please post which OS you're using and which Graphic card which with driver. It looks like is an settings problem. But we need more info to try to find a solution.

Cheers.

That could be the settings to other settings than normal. What I mean is if you set the settings for a different Font size or so it could have that effect.

Please post which OS you're using and which Graphic card which with driver. It looks like is an settings problem. But we need more info to try to find a solution.

Cheers.

Why not do a screen shot and post that too.

Print Screen (PrtSc), run "MS Paint", Edit / paste, File / Save As... , select .jpg and attach to a post.

Thanks for your many responses, I dont know what has happened, my computer got zapped by an electrical storm a few months ago,the insurance made me purchase a special power surge inhibitor, the guy fitting it turned on the power and blew the desk top up literally , black smoke and melted wires everywhere, so they got me anew desktop, and reinstalled everything, it was working fine until about a week ago, when the banner advertising your toolbar dropped down, as far as me sending you a screen picture goes,that sounds a bit to technical for me, will just have to carry on reading without new posts, cheers :o Nignoy

Thanks for your many responses, I dont know what has happened, my computer got zapped by an electrical storm a few months ago,the insurance made me purchase a special power surge inhibitor, the guy fitting it turned on the power and blew the desk top up literally , black smoke and melted wires everywhere, so they got me anew desktop, and reinstalled everything, it was working fine until about a week ago, when the banner advertising your toolbar dropped down, as far as me sending you a screen picture goes,that sounds a bit to technical for me, will just have to carry on reading without new posts, cheers :o Nignoy

To take a screenshot press the PrtSc key and then paste in into Windows Paint, make a copy then upload as an image.. I think?

I had the same problem with my "new message" covered with a banner a few weeks back. It suddenly appeared after I had another problem with my laptop. Can't remember exactly what the problem was but after spending the whole afternoon messing around it suddenly went back to normal. Wish I could tell you what I did to correct the problem but I never really knew what caused or corrected it.

Hopefullythe problem will correct itself for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Go to the START button, all programs, accessories --Paint is in accessories. Open it. There should be a nice blank canvas. Hit the button CTRL and the letter V at the same time, that should paste your image saved from the PrtScrn (or PrintScreen) onto the blank canvas. Then save as a JPG file and upload it to the site.

Also, do you know your monitor size? Do you know what resolution it is set at?

I have a large Sunbelt Banner over the top of the menu at the top of the screen when using PRO Skin. Switched over to DEFAULT Skin and everything is ok.

Thanks Lite Beer... that's fixed my problem too... no more flickering overlaid banner.

:o

Go to the START button, all programs, accessories --Paint is in accessories. Open it. There should be a nice blank canvas. Hit the button CTRL and the letter V at the same time, that should paste your image saved from the PrtScrn (or PrintScreen) onto the blank canvas. Then save as a JPG file and upload it to the site.

post-32772-1204890264_thumb.jpg

Monitor size is 17". Resolution is 600x800 pixels.

post-32772-1204890264_thumb.jpg

Thats the same as I had. Have you tried switching to Default Skin?

Bottom left corner of the screen.

I'm sorry. I'm not familiar with the term "Default Skin". Bottom left corner of the screen is the Start button.

I'm sorry. I'm not familiar with the term "Default Skin". Bottom left corner of the screen is the Start button.

800x600 is the minimum you can get away with most websites. Mine is set at 1280x800

As for the default skin selector see attached. And yes I suck at drawing :o

post-55017-1204969227_thumb.jpg

GunnyD

• 2 months later...
ok mine has just done the same it was ok an hour ago now i cant click on view new post ,

ad banner covers the links all i can see is essages

help please

colino

Look at Post #20 (4 above your post, 5 above this one). See if changing the skin corrects the problem. If not that, try changing your screen resolution. If not that, try clearing your browser cache, reboot and log in again.

If none of those work, then someone more savvy than I will have to step in. :o

ok mine has just done the same it was ok an hour ago now i cant click on view new post ,

ad banner covers the links all i can see is essages

help please

colino

Look at Post #20 (4 above your post, 5 above this one). See if changing the skin corrects the problem. If not that, try changing your screen resolution. If not that, try clearing your browser cache, reboot and log in again.

If none of those work, then someone more savvy than I will have to step in. :o

Hi kerryd

thanks for the info iv tried the above with no joy last time this happend i did just change the skin but now thier is no choice just pro skin its really annoying

but thanks again for the help maybe i can return the favour sometime

colino

• 2 weeks later...

It is a design fault. It happens when your browser screen is to small. Instead of serving a smaller banner or resizing it to fit the space it just overlaps the rest. Other possibility would be to have a minimum width and a horizontal scrollbar.

I have a resolution of 1600x1200 but i like my browser screen not too wide. Makes the sentences in the posts easier to read as they are not the full width of the screen, and i have some room for some other windows.

So it is not your browser or computer, it is a error in the layout.