Uk Tourist Visa For My Tgf

Hi, my girlfriend has just had an application turned down for a tourist visa. For 6 monthsvisit. I am looking for help on what to do next. They had out lined three reasons why it was turned down. sorry its abit long but have copied exactly what the visa office wrote to us.

Firstly

"You have failed to provide substantive evidence of your relationship with your sponser. I note your sponser has provided evidence that he has both visited and resided here in thailand, but has provided nothing to demonstrate he resided with you on those occasions. The only evidence on which to base the nature and substance of your relationship are a series of photographs which apear to have been taken in a relativly short period of time. Overall, insufficiant evidence has been provided to show you are in a subsisting relationship causing me to doubt you are in a subsisting relationship and hence are a genuine visitor to the uk for the period/purpose stated."

Ok here's the facts for this point i have been living here in Bangkok now for 11 months on 2 month tourist visa's. Me and my now fiancee have been together for 10 of those months and have been living together for 9 months in 2 dif serviced apartments. With my documentation i provided was reciepts in both our names for these 9 months and a letter from my currnet landlord stating we have been living together in my currnet apartment for 5 months. Due to it being serviced apartments no other bills are available such as elec and phone. also provided was 3 flight receipts to vietnam, chang mai, trat in both our names about 15 photo's of us both in these 3 locations. recipt and picture of engagement ring. and hotel recipts from vietnam. I use dtac mobile here on pay as you go so have no phone records i can show.

It seems these guys are not reading half the info in front of them. as they state i had not proved we live together yet i had.

Secondly:

"You have not demonstrated you sponsers ability to fund your proposed trip to the uk. his bank statemets submited show a balence of £127 in his acount. Even with a overdraft of 500 this is arguably an insufficient amount of mony to fund a 6 month visit to the united kingdom. i am therefore not satisfied that you can maintain yourself and any dependants adequatly from resourcesavailable to you. or from relatives or friends, with out public funds or taking employment."

Ok facts. I submited 2 sets of statements 1 had balence of £127 and other £6876 but it seemed they didnt look at my savings account. I mean why do we put this infomation in there if they dont even read it?

Thirdly:

"it is important for you to provide evidence of our economic, professional and family circumstances in thialand to help put your intensions to visit the uk in context. You are single person of working age with no asets ties or property, which might encourage your presence in your country. You have failed to show provide any evidence from your employer here to sugest you have permission to take leavehowever it s not credible of someone o have the ablity to take such a substantial period of absence from her employment. In summary i am not satisfied that you are socially and economically well settled in your country. Acourdingly, I am not satisfied that you intend to leave the uk at the end of the period of the visit stated by you."

Ok facts. We did only ssubmit a letter from her work stating how long she had been working there not that she had a 6 month absence of leave as obviously she wont get 6 months of work. The plan is for when we both come back to thialand she gets a new job. we also submited other letters from her previous employers showing that she had a good work history working in emporium suits, montien hotel and hard rock cafe and not a girl working in a bar down pat pong. Obviously i know the fact she owns no property or any asets in her name here in thialand does not help.

Any one have any idears what to do next or what other documents i need.

Thanks any help would be apreciated

Edited by dogger

Short of re-applying, the best you can do at this point is to write to the head of the visa section at the embassy outlining the reasons why you believe their decision to be flawed. I wouldn't try to gloss over your fiancée's lack of employment upon her return, but, rather, present her employment history in a positive light, much like you've done here; the point being that she'll find it easy enough to get another job when she comes back to Thailand. You'll have to also explain in your letter that the reason why you have no evidence of contact is that you live together, so have no need to either send e-mails or telephone each other. You can then draw to their attention the evidence of cohabitation which you have submitted and explain that the flat is serviced and therefore neither you nor your fiancée receives utility bils etc.

There is no right of appeal in such cases, other than on limited grounds, so if they refuse to address your concerns, the only available options are to either take the matter to a judicial review, which is very expensive, or apply again.

Scouse.

Short of re-applying, the best you can do at this point is to write to the head of the visa section at the embassy outlining the reasons why you believe their decision to be flawed. I wouldn't try to gloss over your fiancée's lack of employment upon her return, but, rather, present her employment history in a positive light, much like you've done here; the point being that she'll find it easy enough to get another job when she comes back to Thailand. You'll have to also explain in your letter that the reason why you have no evidence of contact is that you live together, so have no need to either send e-mails or telephone each other. You can then draw to their attention the evidence of cohabitation which you have submitted and explain that the flat is serviced and therefore neither you nor your fiancée receives utility bils etc.

There is no right of appeal in such cases, other than on limited grounds, so if they refuse to address your concerns, the only available options are to either take the matter to a judicial review, which is very expensive, or apply again.

Scouse.

What do you think would be the faster way just to reaply or to write to the head of the visa section.

oh and as regards to her employment when we get back i have friend who own a busines here that can write a letter offering her employment on return here do you think that would help or not be believable due to the time frame.

Hi, my girlfriend has just had an application turned down for a tourist visa. For 6 monthsvisit. I am looking for help on what to do next. They had out lined three reasons why it was turned down. sorry its abit long but have copied exactly what the visa office wrote to us.

Sorry to hear that, my girlfirend just got hers today. I would advise not to appeal as that can take 6 months, but to apply again, unfortunately pay new fee and include some new documents etc... see my comments below

Firstly

"You have failed to provide substantive evidence of your relationship with your sponser. I note your sponser has provided evidence that he has both visited and resided here in thailand, but has provided nothing to demonstrate he resided with you on those occasions. The only evidence on which to base the nature and substance of your relationship are a series of photographs which apear to have been taken in a relativly short period of time. Overall, insufficiant evidence has been provided to show you are in a subsisting relationship causing me to doubt you are in a subsisting relationship and hence are a genuine visitor to the uk for the period/purpose stated."

Ok here's the facts for this point i have been living here in Bangkok now for 11 months on 2 month tourist visa's. Me and my now fiancee have been together for 10 of those months and have been living together for 9 months in 2 dif serviced apartments. With my documentation i provided was reciepts in both our names for these 9 months and a letter from my currnet landlord stating we have been living together in my currnet apartment for 5 months. Due to it being serviced apartments no other bills are available such as elec and phone. also provided was 3 flight receipts to vietnam, chang mai, trat in both our names about 15 photo's of us both in these 3 locations. recipt and picture of engagement ring. and hotel recipts from vietnam. I use dtac mobile here on pay as you go so have no phone records i can show.

It seems these guys are not reading half the info in front of them. as they state i had not proved we live together yet i had.

You need more evidence of an ongoing relationship. In some ways it's more difficult when you live together. I provided a stack of prints of emails and prints of my phone bills off the website. Besides the landlord, could you get some reputable friend(s) to write letter(s) confirming how long you have been in the relationship?

Secondly:

"You have not demonstrated you sponsers ability to fund your proposed trip to the uk. his bank statemets submited show a balence of £127 in his acount. Even with a overdraft of 500 this is arguably an insufficient amount of mony to fund a 6 month visit to the united kingdom. i am therefore not satisfied that you can maintain yourself and any dependants adequatly from resourcesavailable to you. or from relatives or friends, with out public funds or taking employment."

Ok facts. I submited 2 sets of statements 1 had balence of £127 and other £6876 but it seemed they didnt look at my savings account. I mean why do we put this infomation in there if they dont even read it?

Looks like they missed the second account. To help them read the right documents, I did an index sheet to the bundle of documents listing each document and why I was including it. Would it be possible to give them bank statements for the last 6 months and any payslips? This would carry more weight

Thirdly:

"it is important for you to provide evidence of our economic, professional and family circumstances in thialand to help put your intensions to visit the uk in context. You are single person of working age with no asets ties or property, which might encourage your presence in your country. You have failed to show provide any evidence from your employer here to sugest you have permission to take leavehowever it s not credible of someone o have the ablity to take such a substantial period of absence from her employment. In summary i am not satisfied that you are socially and economically well settled in your country. Acourdingly, I am not satisfied that you intend to leave the uk at the end of the period of the visit stated by you."

Ok facts. We did only ssubmit a letter from her work stating how long she had been working there not that she had a 6 month absence of leave as obviously she wont get 6 months of work. The plan is for when we both come back to thialand she gets a new job. we also submited other letters from her previous employers showing that she had a good work history working in emporium suits, montien hotel and hard rock cafe and not a girl working in a bar down pat pong. Obviously i know the fact she owns no property or any asets in her name here in thialand does not help.

We gave them letters attached to the with full background details of who we were, how we met, why I was bringing her to UK at this particular time, what we were planning to do in the uk during the visit (where staying, visiting etc... ) and what we would do after the visit was finished within the 6 months. My gf isn't getting annual leave from her employer and we have freely admitted this, however we got a relative who owned a clothes market stall to write a letter stating she could have a job there when she returned and I promised in my letter that even if our relationship ended I would support her for 6 months in Bangkok while she found a job

Have you seen this document? It's quite useful as a checklist http://www.vfs-uk-th.com/images/social-visit.pdf

Hope my experiences above give you some ideas, good luck!

David

Edited by davidxl

It's going to be quicker to re-apply, but you then run the risk of the second application being refused out of hand. I'd write to them in an attempt to set the record straight. Getting a letter offering employment in six months' time is likely to be self-defeating: the embassy will just deem it to be implausible.

Scouse.

Firstly

Secondly:

Thirdly:

One other thing has any one got a copy of there a sponsor letter that i can read to get more of an idear on format and lay out.

I would write to the head of the visa section in the first instance, pointing out that the decision is flawed based on the evidence submitted.

Don't take this the wrong way, and I say it in a genuine attempt to help, but I would spell check any letter you send to the visa section.

Good luck.

I dont know if this is any help , but I honestly know for a fact one of the main things the Officer looking at your case will look at , will be a guarantee she intends to return at the end of her trip, Family comittments, employment , business etc ,deposit on return ticket, as much evidence as you can give of her intention to return to Thailand , hope all goes well .

Maybe the reason is that you have not known this thai lady long and there is a risk that she just wants to get to your country for financial reason.Perhaps the thai embassy is adding 1=1 and coming up with 3.Could be an element of truth in this as 9 months approx may not be long enough to prove that this is a relationship.May i ask how old you are and also the age of your gf/partner.

anyway good luck in your life,and try to live in the land of smiles.

Maybe the reason is that you have not known this thai lady long and there is a risk that she just wants to get to your country for financial reason.Perhaps the thai embassy is adding 1=1 and coming up with 3.Could be an element of truth in this as 9 months approx may not be long enough to prove that this is a relationship.May i ask how old you are and also the age of your gf/partner.

i am 30 and my gf is 26

i am 30 and my gf is 26

my g/f of 15 months just got refused,still waiting to see copy of the letter as i am back in the uk,doesn't sound good does it?try and keep this post open ok

there must be a few others out there with their experiences, can we have some please?