Samui For Holidays

In all my yonks in the land of smiles, never been to samui. Family coming over, if any kind soul can give some insights :-

1. Mid December - hows the weather / sea

2. How is the water of Bang Po ( clear? - or muddy / brown like Kao Lak)

3. Is there a ferry from main land? Would like to take the cars.

Looking for a holiday house for 7 people , if any one is an agent, IM me.

Thx

In all my yonks in the land of smiles, never been to samui. Family coming over, if any kind soul can give some insights :-

1. Mid December - hows the weather / sea

2. How is the water of Bang Po ( clear? - or muddy / brown like Kao Lak)

3. Is there a ferry from main land? Would like to take the cars.

Looking for a holiday house for 7 people , if any one is an agent, IM me.

Thx

December is towards the end of the monsoon season, so rain is quite frequent. It is cooler, which make it pleasent. The seas are high and are often full of under currents, watch out for the beach flags, if you can see them. On many parts of the island the beach has all but disapeared, the small boat owners take their boats out late November until late February. I don't know about Bang Po, but south of Lamai the water is very cloudy and full of seaweed/debris.

Ferry no problem. 2 services run from Donsak (south east of Suratthani) either Raja ferry or Seatran.

You can find details on the net. Of the 2 I prefer Seatran, slightly cleaner.

Accomodation is plentyful, and can be found on the net. Enjoy.

Thanks.....

It was my understanding that that side of Thailand has high sea's at that time of year ?? If the weather ( on average) is same as phuket, will go samui. If worse, might head down to Phuket

honest answer - december is a crap shoot. I have been on the islands every year since dec 96 and seen everything from horrible monsoons to solid sunshine. This past year was quite nice as was the year before. the year previous was very stormy. the later in december you are there, the better the waether is likely to be.

That said, people are telling me the rainy season never really broke this year and the waether, at least on phan ngan has been pretty poor for this time of year