Finding My Wife Work

Hi all,

me and my wife are finding it very hard in finding employment for her, I was just wondering if anyone could give us some advise on how getting my thai wife some work?

We have rung the thai restaurants, shops etc but nothing.

Any help would be appreciated, I would be keen to here from you guys who brought there mrs to there uk home land.

We live in Sheffield, south yorkshire.

Cheers...................

Hi all,

me and my wife are finding it very hard in finding employment for her, I was just wondering if anyone could give us some advise on how getting my thai wife some work?

Any help would be appreciated, I would be keen to here from you guys who brought there mrs to there uk home land.

Try looking for temporary work (often leads to permanent opportunities) with employment agencies & without naming any - fast food restaurants. My Wife and many of her friends found employment this way. It certainly helps once one gets their foot in the door & demonstrates good/hard working capabilities - easier for others to follow.

volunteering at a charity shop is a good way to gain references, confidence & experience also places like primark have been known to employ thai women. you don't mention her language ability but supermarkets are also a good optionso long as she can pass their written requirements.

Hi all,

what are your wife's formal qualifications....bachelors, masters, phd, industry certifications etc..

As others have stated Scotty, I wouldn't limit your search to all things Thai, I would look at alternative employment where the scope for on site training is available, this is what my wife did and they put her through English School on a one to one basis, so she was able to get her ESOL qualifications, she also went on to work in a Nursery and now has Childcare qualifications, so sometimes searching outside the box and the obvious routes can have advantageous benefits.

The problem with working in a Thai environment is that it will not encourage English conversation and almost certainly little written, I would advise other alternatives on the lines of the above posts.

Have a look at organisations like Amazon or the NHS or others of their ilk, you might have better results and better training opportunities.

Moss

Might be an idea to visit a Thai restaurant or two and eat there. It will give your wife a chance to get to chat to the owner. Always better than a phone call.

Good idea.

Also, if your wife is a good cook she could try to do a small home-delivery meal service; just evenings. Make a small leaflet-menu with and deliver in your neighbourhood. If she's a good cook, people will order...

Start small with a small choice but excellent quality.

LaoPo

Also, if your wife is a good cook she could try to do a small home-delivery meal service; just evenings. Make a small leaflet-menu with and deliver in your neighbourhood. If she's a good cook, people will order...

Start small with a small choice but excellent quality.

LaoPo

Another good idea, but one I fear that the Stalinistas in the UK would kibosh. You'd have to have licences for this that and the other, insurance, health certificates, etc, which make the task of establishing a small business monumental.

Scouse.

Haven't you tried the JobCentre? The memsahib applied via them for a job with a well-known hotel chain, they took her on as a commis chef and she's been there getting on for 2 years. Employee rights are more likely to be respected there than working in the local Thai restaurant, at least such was her experience.

I don't remember actually going to a Jobcentre, you can do it all online.

Hi Scotty,

We are in Doncaster and work here is a little short, but my wife has done well in finding work in the service industry, ie cleaning, serving.

We are lucky that there a few Thai's here all together and they have also been able to help each other in finding jobs by word of mouth.

My wife is currently working in a large hotel with 3 other Thai's, and got this with a recommend from one of the girls.

If your wife has a few friends like this ask them to tell there bosses that she is looking for work, it has worked for us.

Good luck Rockwellrob