Fiancee Visa

Dear all

first please excuse me if this is placed in the wrong area though I think I am in the right place.

What i require is some information on obtaining a fiancée visa for the Uk for my partner and subjections and comments that you guys have would be greatly appreciated

First let me tell you my situation; in July 2007 i left my employment where I had been working for seven years since leaving school (I am 26) and went to pucket after being there for a few weeks I fell for a girl and we stayed together for the remainder of my time there about eight weeks and i then returned to the uk,

I couldn’t stop talking to her and thinking about her and after four more months working a couple of cash in hand jobs and some tempary work i went back to Thailand in the beginning of December for a further two months to really just make sure that she was the person i wanted to be with prior to asking her to come to the uk,

i subsequently proposed to her and she is also now pregnant, on returning to the uk four weeks ago i have been Woking hard in a local restaurant as i had to save for further deposit on a house and in order to get a another permanent job prior to applying for a visa(i normally sell cars for a living)

what i want to know i guess is will I process enough information/evidence to support a visa application in about one months time when i have got a new sales job, at the moment I have;

A few months telephone records

photo evidence of both trips/visa evidence

I have an existing housing rent contract/ and will have a new one starting soon

The items I am concerned about our my financial records I know that I can get a letter or projected yearly earnings from my future employer but I don’t have any bank statement that really show a income prior to a month ago as since July last year i have moved jobs and been paid cash.

Also if any one can fill me in on the problems of visas while pregnant and any thing else I may have forgotten.

any ones help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

In relation to employment, your past history is of little relevance. What is important is to either have a job at the time of application, or savings in the bank, or a reasonable prospect of finding employment. You'll need to address the chronolgy of events in a covering letter, explaining that you only began work one month ago, and here is the evidence of your job and earnings which are sufficient for the purposes of adequately maintaining the two of you etc. The letter is basically your opportunity to tell the visa officer what's happened in your relationship and why your fiancée should get her visa.

You will need to show that you have been in a relationship since July/August last year and will also need to demonstrate to the visa officer that you do intend to get married within the allotted six months.

Scouse.

thank you scouse

I have a couple of further questions that have come to light with a liltle more reading, i have now downloaded the VAF-4 form and i am trying to work out if I can fill the form in then post it and all the relevent documents to ,my partner or does she need to fill it in ?

on the form as well it seems to refer to some start dates eg, job,housing is this all going to be ok if explained through my covering letter ?

thanks again for a swift response

You can fill in the form on your partner's behalf and she can then sign it.

Just answer the questions truthfully. The actual immigration rules state, amongst other things, that your fiancée should demonstrate that you can maintain yourselves adequately without recourse to public funds. There is no requirement to show that you've been able to do so for x number of months already. It is what your circumstances are at the time of application that count.

Scouse.

Dear all

first please excuse me if this is placed in the wrong area though I think I am in the right place.

What i require is some information on obtaining a fiancée visa for the Uk for my partner and subjections and comments that you guys have would be greatly appreciated

First let me tell you my situation; in July 2007 i left my employment where I had been working for seven years since leaving school (I am 26) and went to pucket after being there for a few weeks I fell for a girl and we stayed together for the remainder of my time there about eight weeks and i then returned to the uk,

I couldn't stop talking to her and thinking about her and after four more months working a couple of cash in hand jobs and some tempary work i went back to Thailand in the beginning of December for a further two months to really just make sure that she was the person i wanted to be with prior to asking her to come to the uk,

i subsequently proposed to her and she is also now pregnant, on returning to the uk four weeks ago i have been Woking hard in a local restaurant as i had to save for further deposit on a house and in order to get a another permanent job prior to applying for a visa(i normally sell cars for a living)

what i want to know i guess is will I process enough information/evidence to support a visa application in about one months time when i have got a new sales job, at the moment I have;

The items I am concerned about our my financial records I know that I can get a letter or projected yearly earnings from my future employer but I don't have any bank statement that really show a income prior to a month ago as since July last year i have moved jobs and been paid cash.

Also if any one can fill me in on the problems of visas while pregnant and any thing else I may have forgotten.

Thanks in advance

On the subject of her pregnancy. As part of the process she will have to undergo testing for TB. Normally this is done by x-raying the chest, but as your gf is pregnant this will be out of the question. They no doubt have other ways of doing this in pregnant women, but it may take additional time and you may want to mention this in advance when you contact the IOM.

Also, airlines have rules about letting pregnant women travel past a certain date during pregnancy. You may want to find out about this as well.

wow thanks for the advice guys its good to have some help, as this all can seem rather over whelming at first, i will look into the airline thing and prehaps get her to do the TB test now to make sure its not a problem as it lasts for 6 months I think,

wow thanks for the advice guys its good to have some help, as this all can seem rather over whelming at first, i will look into the airline thing and prehaps get her to do the TB test now to make sure its not a problem as it lasts for 6 months I think,

Yes, the TB certificate lasts for 6 months. Have you thought about delaying a couple of months to get a bit of history with your new job, bank statements with the income on etc. The more you have for them, the more likely you will get straight through with maybe a small phone interview.

I have thought of delaying though my concern with that is that when pregnant i know you can only fly up to about seven months so i wanted to try to get in done before then, I know that it does depend on personal circumstance but how long once applying does the visa normally take ?

Also I have looked through the application form and it asks for job history for her, she worked sporadicly in a karaoke bar and has no really employment history does this really mater for a fiancée visa ?

I have thought of delaying though my concern with that is that when pregnant i know you can only fly up to about seven months so i wanted to try to get in done before then, I know that it does depend on personal circumstance but how long once applying does the visa normally take ?

Also I have looked through the application form and it asks for job history for her, she worked sporadicly in a karaoke bar and has no really employment history does this really mater for a fiancée visa ?

If the info you supply is sufficient, it will probably take less than a week, but if it isn't and they have to call her in for an interview, it can take several weeks I think, so it may be better to get as much info as possible in first and almost make sure that it's the shorter period. We put my fiance's visa in on a thursday lunchtime, had a short phone interview on the monday and on the wednesday the passport and visa was back in the visa centre (Although they didn't update their website as promptly as they should have).

Just to let you know, I let them have 6 months of bank statements & payslips, a letter from my employer saying I had worked there for x years, 18 months of phone records, photo's, flight/hotel records for my 6 trips over to see her, mortgage paperwork, household bills, photocopies of my birth certificate/passport and just for good measure a letter from my parents saying they supported the application and were looking forward to seeing their granddaughter.

My fiance had several jobs in the past, the last of which was serving food in a service station shop early last year, but as she had our daughter in September, she hadn't worked since about April. I left all of her past employment history off the form. In the section where it asks for current occupation I put "full time mother, formerly shop assistant." When they called her for the interview they asked her about her former jobs.

How many months down the line is your Mrs now? I had to book an internal Khon Kaen - BKK flight for my Mrs when she was about 6 months and I had the same concerns about the airline letting her fly.

Dear all

I couldn't stop talking to her and thinking about her and after four more months working a couple of cash in hand jobs and some tempary work i went back to Thailand in the beginning of December for a further two months to really just make sure that she was the person i wanted to be with prior to asking her to come to the uk,

The items I am concerned about our my financial records I know that I can get a letter or projected yearly earnings from my future employer but I don't have any bank statement that really show a income prior to a month ago as since July last year i have moved jobs and been paid cash.

Thanks in advance

On the subject of her pregnancy. As part of the process she will have to undergo testing for TB. Normally this is done by x-raying the chest, but as your gf is pregnant this will be out of the question. They no doubt have other ways of doing this in pregnant women, but it may take additional time and you may want to mention this in advance when you contact the IOM.

Also, airlines have rules about letting pregnant women travel past a certain date during pregnancy. You may want to find out about this as well.

A couple of weeks ago my pregnant TGF went for the TB test and had to go to the hospital three times in quick succcession and it seemed to consist of coughing up some good samples for them but definitely no x-rays.

thank you CharlieB and all its great to get some advice!!

OK the stuff that i have and will have are going to vary from yours so I am not sure whether to delay slightly or not ?

I now have evidence of ; two trips to Thailand with photos of both trips

phone records of two months prior to leaving and will have phone record's two months on coming back to the UK from the last time,

I will provide evidence of my intention to marry with details of time and place e.t.c

I have previous Tennant agreements showing that I am soul occupier of my property and i will have a new tenancy agreement with this information again.

I will have 2 months bank statements supporting this, as i have only just returned to UK.

I will have a letter stating earnings from my new employer.

I will have a letter from my mother stating she is happy and her support with photo evidance of her property maybe even her financial records if this will help? Also I can get the same form my sister again if this will help ?

I will have some utilities bills.

the things that are concerning me are the fact that the job statement the housing contract and the lack of bank bills will all be in the last few weeks does any one think this will cause a problem ?

thanks again all

Edited by bread

In my fiance's telephone interview they didn't seem to ask too much. They asked what the visa she had applied for was, what my name was, how many times I had been to Thailand to see her, where we met, what jobs she had before, what date we intended to get married, how many people would be attending the ceremony and to fax over another copy of my passport as the one I had provided was unclear. They may have asked more, but my fiance didn't say anything else.

Basically, my fiance couldn't remember how many times I had been over, she recalled the rough dates of 3 of the visits and as I was there at the time she said I was visiting now. We hadn't set a date or done anything about getting married as we were unsure about how long the whole thing would take etc., so she said she didn't know what date we would be getting married and didn't know who/how many would be going. This was all while we were trying to eat breakfast in a cafe. Straight after this we went back to the hotel and faxed over the personal info and visa stamp pages from my passport. Funny how the other one was unclear, because it was done on a very expensive fuji colour photocopier at my workplace and was an almost perfect copy. I think they were just seeing if I was actually there with her at the time.

I was a bit worried afterwards that my fiance hadn't remember how many times I'd visited and we hadn't done any planning for the wedding, but they gave us the visa ok. To be honest, I didn't think they would call her so soon and was planning to go over a few things with her that they might have asked, but in the end it didn't turn out to be necessary for us, but it would definitely be an idea to get her to learn a few things about you.

thanks again Charlie

I think I Will start to run through with her all the information tomorrow and get her to start to work out when I have come telephone calls and all those things,

I guess my main concern is going to be the lack of bank statements but I guess I can only delay or try explaining it all in the covering letter stating the fact's as I have previously posted, what do you think?

I still cant make my mind up what is the best option I don't really want to apply and not succeed in the first attempt as such.

Also did you girlfriend openly answer the questions about previous employment ?

thank's again in advance its good a least knowing that some one else has gone through the same process and come out happy the other end !!!

thanks again Charlie

I think I Will start to run through with her all the information tomorrow and get her to start to work out when I have come telephone calls and all those things,

I guess my main concern is going to be the lack of bank statements but I guess I can only delay or try explaining it all in the covering letter stating the fact's as I have previously posted, what do you think?

I still cant make my mind up what is the best option I don't really want to apply and not succeed in the first attempt as such.

Also did you girlfriend openly answer the questions about previous employment ?

thank's again in advance its good a least knowing that some one else has gone through the same process and come out happy the other end !!!

Personally, I would wait another couple of months and make sure I had another couple of months of bank statements etc to give them, but it's your girlfriend and your decision. If you have enough evidence and are confident that you will get the quick 1 week turnaround of the visa then you could leave it as late as May to apply. Only you can judge whether you feel confident about having enough good evidence to back the application up. I agree that the only thing you may be light on is the financial proof. You could always give them some statements from when you were working before you first went out and some recent ones and show them that you have always been in work and money in your account.

If you are worried that your girlfriend used to work in a bar, then you shouldn't lie about it, they can smell a lie a mile off and if they think you're lying they'll refuse your visa. Be honest about everything when they call and if she worked in a bar and they ask this, then she worked as a cashier.

I have now told her with relation what to expect with the interview, and told her not to lie about any of it.

I guess now its just making the decision of whether to wait a little longer or go for it, its a shame that you can not ask the question more directly to some one at the visa centre as it would save the worrying and the mucking around !!

hey just pulled this of the visa web site;

"The British Embassy Bangkok normally takes 3-5 working days to consider applications. In addition, should the Embassy require an applicant to attend an interview, the UK Visa Application centre will contact the applicant and inform the date and time of the interview accordingly."

Though i am sure i read some were it can take up to 12 weeks to proses ?

I think on that basis i will wait at least a couple of months until i have all the evidence and hopefully it will go through quick ????

Get her out of the oki bars and get her waitressing somewhere. I know the money is not that good, but if she is your fiancee' you should be taking care of her fianacially so it shouldn't really matter how much she earns does it?

Book the wedding at the reg office and they will give you a receipt to show the embassy.

The TB test for ladies who are pregnant is a swab each morning for three mornings. She dont need to stay in the hospital she just needs to turn up for three mornings.

Get a letter confirming your landlord agrees to you having your wife /girlfriend living with you.

Go to www..ukvac-th.com click on check list and all the info you require will be there for you.

Why not marry here asap. let her have the baby here. Than get the baby a british passport and fly them back when the baby is over two months old. You should then be more settled in your job. Unless you get restless again!!!!