Teaching It

Billfo

Hi,

I'm interested in teaching IT or other computer related subjects. I have a degree in Multimedia Technology and would like to use this in regards to teaching. I am based in Chiang Mai. Does anyone know of the chances of getting a teaching job in this subject are and what types of school teach it? (government, private etc).

Thanks

Hi,

I'm interested in teaching IT or other computer related subjects. I have a degree in Multimedia Technology and would like to use this in regards to teaching. I am based in Chiang Mai. Does anyone know of the chances of getting a teaching job in this subject are and what types of school teach it? (government, private etc).

Thanks

You'll need to look for a school with an English Program, be it government or private. I teach at a government school with an English Program that employs foreign staff to teach all subjects. You'll need a degree in the applicable field to teach the subject (or maybe you don't at some schools), which you have.

If I was you I'd ship an up to date CV to all the schools in your area that have an English Program. Now is the perfect time as it's the end of the school year and many teachers are leaving.

This is my understanding anyway. G'luck.