Castra Gym - Is Anyone Here A Member?

BaDSaM

I need to change gyms and while it is a bit of a hike I would like to consider Castra. The most important question for me, is do they have a sauna and is it segregated or coed? Also do they a pool?

Do they have stair climbers?

advertises having a sauna,i had a look a while back and believe they were in the process of fitting sauna ....so not sure mixed or not.no pool.has some stairclimbers i believe.hope this helps a little

I went there yesterday as I am looking to get rid of my beer gut!

Nice big main gym with lots of equiptment, including treadmills and stair climbers. All looks new and well maintained.

There is also a huge areobics, circuit training room which will be up and running as soon as they have teachers.

The sauna suffered a fire recently, but is in the process of being completely gutted and re-done - with new electrics!

Nice staff and it has a friendly atmoshphere.

No pool.

9k for joint membership for the year. I think it was 5k for single.

I think I will be joining

I am a member (2 months now) and I am very happy with the place. They have very good/sturdy equipment and a complete selection of machines and free weights. They have all the basic cardio machines as well (threadmills, bikes, steppers, stair-climbers) - not lots like some places but I have never had a problem getting a good cardio workout. What I like is that it is not too crowded so you have no problem getting in a workout. There is no pool and I don't really care about a sauna so for me, this place is just right. They also do good protein shakes.

I need to change gyms and while it is a bit of a hike I would like to consider Castra. The most important question for me, is do they have a sauna and is it segregated or coed? Also do they a pool?

Do they have stair climbers?

I am intrigued as to why you NEED to change gyms.

My very expensive gym (and exclusive) is not maintaining the equipment - specifically the stair machines. I have some foot problems and the stair climber is the one machine that doesn't hurt.

They refunded the balance of my membership. Unheard of in Thailand? It can be done.

I went there yesterday as I am looking to get rid of my beer gut!

Nice big main gym with lots of equiptment, including treadmills and stair climbers. All looks new and well maintained.

There is also a huge areobics, circuit training room which will be up and running as soon as they have teachers.

The sauna suffered a fire recently, but is in the process of being completely gutted and re-done - with new electrics!

Nice staff and it has a friendly atmoshphere.

No pool.

9k for joint membership for the year. I think it was 5k for single.

I think I will be joining

How did they manage to have a fire in the sauna?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I'm new to Castra only been a member for 2 months but its been all good from the start, as it has every thing you need to work out !There's ample free weights and there's a lot of equipment I haven't even looked at yet.

The staff and especially the owner " Ritchie " are very relaxed and have given me lots of instruction and motivation , I am also a member of California but that place started irritating me to the point I get goose bumps event going to the Avenue shopping Mall….

Other gyms in Pattaya, all seem to be over crowded, Have pushy Sales Staff, un knowledgeable Personal Trainers & instructors or too many people posing around in designer gym kits on mobile phones.

Thumbs up for the Castra J