Thaksin lands at Suvarnabhumi and taken to court

george

Oh, what a shame. I guess he'll just have to invite Lydia for a "game of golf" at his safehouse and encourage Pokemon to go get her hair done, while he unsheaths his mashie niblick for a quick round. And just hope Sonny Jim doesn't get jealous of Paw getting his club and balls wiped down by the "pretty singer" he used to date. :o

Not sure that Oak ever dated Lydia, AFAIK never did, besides which even if he did, I think some of the members of the subforum about alternative lifestyles are well aware of the concept of a 'beard'

Dad has tapped more actresses and models than I think just about any other statesman in Thailand; another round with this small yet sweet singer doesn't seem too unreasonable.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, what a shame. I guess he'll just have to invite Lydia for a "game of golf" at his safehouse and encourage Pokemon to go get her hair done, while he unsheaths his mashie niblick for a quick round. And just hope Sonny Jim doesn't get jealous of Paw getting his club and balls wiped down by the "pretty singer" he used to date. :o

Not sure that Oak ever dated Lydia, AFAIK never did, besides which even if he did, I think some of the members of the subforum about alternative lifestyles are well aware of the concept of a 'beard'

Dad has tapped more actresses and models than I think just about any other statesman in Thailand; another round with this small yet sweet singer doesn't seem too unreasonable.

So explain the concept of 'beard'.

chownah

Safe and secure?

Security for the former PM is tight and he is guarded around the clock amid fears for his safety, reports Surasak Tumcharoen. One of the reasons deposed PM Thaksin gave for deciding to return home after 17 months of self-imposed exile was homesickness. He said on the day he returned that there was nowhere in the world that he and his family feel happy like in Thailand. But is he really happy? Since his return, Thaksin has been guarded by a large security force and has to keep his whereabouts secret amid fears of being assassinated. Security for Thaksin, who has repeatedly claimed he has washed his hands of politics and says he prefers to live and die in his motherland, has remained tight and unrelenting since the possibility of the former PM being assassinated could not be ruled out, according to one of his close aides. Hundreds of riot police, in uniform and plain clothes, have been on watch around the places Thaksin has visited. They are on the lookout for possible assailants, including snipers hiding on rooftops or taking aim through windows in buildings. In addition to these "official" police units, dozens of plain clothes police and military officers have been working 24 hours a day to form an inner ring of bodyguards around the former PM. Thaksin and his family chose not to stay at their residence, which is said to be under renovation. But it is widely understood in security circles that the house was not considered 100% safe for the ex-premier. On the 35th floor of the Penisula hotel, bodyguards took turns guarding Thaksin around the clock while his wife Potjaman and their three children stayed on the 33rd and 34th floors. They booked a dozen Grand Deluxe Suite rooms with each costing up to 160,000 baht per night. The entire hotel area was off-limits to the press and other outsiders who did not look like foreign guests. Thaksin quietly checked out of the Peninsula Hotel on Saturday morning and headed for an undisclosed destination accompanied by his bodyguards. He is believed to be staying at either a safe house in a classy part of the Sathorn area or at another house owned by a little-known relative. He had been scheduled to play golf with pretty singer Saranrat "Lydia" Wisuthithada, at a course in the Bang Bor area of Samut Prakan, but Thaksin was forced to call it off after his security men spotted an army of reporters and photographers at the venue. :D

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/News/04Mar2008_news24.php

This is yet another perfect example of yet another attempt from Thaksin the conman at drawing more sympathy.

Nothing but a theatre play.

So, he fears for his life that much? So much that he can show up at the airport with only son and two of his football players? :o

Then, the coward in him goes on an even grander scale and surrounds himself with the entire occupancy of the Peninsula Hotel? :D

How nice of him to use tourists as shields.

So,

is he lying about his personal security and the occupants of the hotel were not in danger?

OR

is he truly afraid and he cowardly used them as a shield?

LydiaandOak.jpg

Lydia and Oak... :D

The girl does get around... like father, like son... ones a putter, the other prefer's a sand wedge usually, but isn't opposed to going with a 3 wood on occasion... and is thankful golf isn't a sport where they routinely do urine testing.

Edited by sriracha john

Things like retailing in terms of Tesco had always been off limits to foreigners, the issue would be is the 51percent a real or nominee holding. We can thank the coup makers for reinvigorating this one.

Actually, if I recall correctly, retail is one of the few industries where up to 100% foreign ownership is allowed; which is why we see the big hyper markets all here in force.

Tesco Lotus is I think 98% foreign, and 2% CP. This was part of the Democrat policy for handling the NPL situation in retail; BIg C, Tesco Lotus were both previuosly majority owned by Thai companies, and sold off.

Which is one of the tools CP have used in painting the evil hypermarkets as dangerous and why they need to be stopped via the retailers assocation which supposedly represents small retail mom and pop stores.

TRT put in major checks for the hyper markets.

Strangely enough, this left room for CP to expand 7:11 as fast as they could, is there any coincidence that CP are one of the large backers of TRT???! 555555

As I understand, nominees are the issue with Tesco and a few other pretty serious companies. It is maybe/probably/interpratively irrelevant dependent on the day of the week. The ownership structure is very complex with many different subsidiaries owning various portions. They own but don't take full diviended and do not vote at the full level. This may be an issue for Tesco as time moves on. There were no real moves to curb hypermarkets by Thaksin. I know 16 months is a long time, but until Thaksin sold his shares nobody actually reported who really owned these multinationals.

7-11 in Thailand is completely CP, so they can do whatever they like, such as opening a shop every 50 metres as they often do.

I am sure now that this issue will disappear.

http://www.readbangkokpost.com/business/fo...lding_panic.php

This article was probably written depending on who was in on power on the day, so it probably needs a pinch of salt.

uh oh... the gig ...err, I mean... the jig... is up... :o

27.jpg

"Anyone up for a round with me?"

Saranrat Wisuthithada

Lydia upsets those close to Shinawatra family

There has been reports that people closed to Shinawatra family are upset with Lydia, a Thai singer who is close to ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra, for alledgedly leaking his schedule to the press.

The report said Lydia, or Saranrat Wisuthithada had earlier revealed that she would go for a round of golf with Thaksin at V R Sport Club in Samut Prakan's Bang Bor District on Sunday (March 2).

It is the fifth day that Thaksin has been keeping a low profile after his highly publicised return to Thailand last Thursday.

The former Thai Rak Thai Party leader is slate to stand trail to fight graft charges related to the purchase of a large plot of land near Ratchadapisek Road on March 12.

- The Nation

Edited by sriracha john

Thaksin and his "close friend".... on a dual-grey kick...

Image778888-2.jpg

Latest Whereabouts of Former Premier Thaksin Shinawatra

The whereabouts of the self-exiled former Prime Minister of Thailand who’s only returned to Thailand last week is very much a public affair. His latest choice of residence is still unknown to reporters.

It’s also been reported his close friend, celebrity ‘Lydia’ has been reprimanded for talking about a planned golf match between her and Thaksin Shinawatra.

The whereabouts of former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra is still unknown by reporters. It’s said that only his family and security team are privy to where he is currently staying.

But former legal counsel and current Foreign Affairs Minister Noppadol Pattama affirmed Thaksin is still in Thailand. *well that's mighty big of Mr. Big to comply with his fundamental bail conditions* :o Noppadol insists the former premier will be in Thailand until March 12, when he’s scheduled to appear in front of the Supreme Court’s Division for Political Office Holders.

It’s possible Thaksin will ask for the court’s permission to leave Thailand for the U.K. immediately the next day. Since Thaksin has been granted bail, both the Supreme Court and the Criminal Court ordered Thaksin to first seek permission from the courts before he leaves Thailand. The former telecom tycoon has now shifted his business interest to developing his football team, Manchester City.

It’s also believed Thaksin may travel to Chiang Mai this weekend for a game of golf at Green Valley Golf Club. But security is still one of the biggest concerns for Thaksin. It was recommended that he keeps a low profile for the time being.

Sources also revealed popular singer Saranrat Wusutthithada, or Lydia, has been reprimanded for her slip up. She recently told Thai reporters she and Thaksin will be playing golf together at VR Golf Club in Samut Prakarn province.

Thaksin’s spokesperson Sansanee Nakpong says she’s not been informed of the whereabouts or activities of Thaksin. She also went on to say it will not be possible to disclose to the public the schedules of the former premier. Sansanee adds Thaksin’s keeping a low profile could be interpreted as a polite attempt not to steal the limelight of anyone else’s. *because we all know how self-effacing and totally considerate of others he is*

- Thailand Outlook

According to some his lips didn't touch the ground but rather the back of his own hands. Does it mean he didn't have guts to kiss the land?

Whatever, Lydia is a candy. I wish she was in the news more often.

According to some his lips didn't touch the ground but rather the back of his own hands. Does it mean he didn't have guts to kiss the land?

i second that. he didn't actually kiss the ground but just the act of kissing it.

Edited by LuckyFive8888

She's garnered the front cover photo and lead story of the premiere issue of the just unveiled Daily XPress news service:

257-01.jpg

WHY I LOVE THE SHINAWATRAS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

R&B queen “Lydia” reveals why she cried on seeing the emotional home-coming scene at the Suvarnabhumi airport last week.

Edited by sriracha john

The lady sure does have a wide assortment of "looks"....

259-01.jpg

Thaksin's family album

Lydia clarifies her relationship with the former prime minister

Deposed prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra's karaoke and golf partner Sarunrat "Lydia" Visutthithada burst into tears when her "Dad" arrived back home. :D

She told Daily Xpress that her emotions for Thaksin are so strong because he showered her with love that she never got from her own family. :D

The singer says her own family is lacking in emotion. Not one member in her family has a loving nature, she says. :burp:

But it's different with the Shinawatras. :o

The woman, who denies ever being Thaksin's lover, says her tough exterior melts when she is in the embrace of his household - one she calls her "second family". :D

"My mum has made me tough; I don't cry much, especially over little things," Lydia says. "With us there's no such thing as 'I love you, I am proud of you'. Kisses? No! Hugs? No! Scolding? Always!

"But when I am with Thaksin, I can express myself better," she says. :D

"When Dad shops with Ung-Ing [Paetongtarn] they always hold hands. When he goes shopping with me he holds my hand, too." B) "He's a family man."

Now Thaksin's back home, he is once again touching the singer's heart. "When I saw him return and prostrate himself at the airport, I cried." :D

Lydia says that though her own family is not totally devoid of warmth, it is Thaksin's love and advice that has won her over.

In her book "Lydia…Here I am!" she writes that Thaksin was the one who taught her about democracy. :D

"Democracy is being able to choose your own government," she explains.

She believes the former PM's "broad and wide vision" will make Thailand economically strong, adding that his plans for education, communications and transport are sound.

However, she doesn't want to get into politics. Her thing is owning a restaurant. And "Daddy" Thaksin has been helping with that too, giving her advice and tips on technology. *tips....*

This stage and screen star is currently studying online with the London School of Economics, after turning down an opportunity with Harvard, which Thaksin helped her get with a letter of recommendation. After all, she did not want to lose her dream of becoming a famous singer.

She still gets a lot of attention from the news media, though, because of her relationship with Thaksin. "[All these rumours] have hindered my singing career." *hindered or helped?*

Instead of gossiping, she says, people should start buying her records. :D

Read about Lydia's latest album in the The Fun section on Sunday.

- Daily XPress

Lydia got accepted to Harvard? That I find hard to believe :o

I come study in the university, my adopted dad is top 50 richest men in the world.

Dai Mai?

Of course she is going to get in. Actually, she is fairly smart and presents herself quite well. There are plenty of guys who found her attractive.

Feel a bit sorry for her boyfriend but ah well. He wasn't that rich anyway.

uh oh... the gig ...err, I mean... the jig... is up... :o

29.jpg

27.jpg

"Anyone up for a round with me?"

Saranrat Wisuthithada

For some reason, he just can't seem to keep golfing and balls off his mind... :D

BREAKING NEWS

Thaksin chairs golf meeting

After a few days of keeping a low profile, ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra appeared in the media spotlight again on Thursday morning when he went to join a meeting of Professional Golf Association of Thailand, which he serves as a Chairman. The meeting was held at the old Thai Rak Thai head office on Ratchawithi Road. Thaksin appeared cheerful and waved to reporters, saying he came to attend a golf

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breaking_news/b...s.php?id=126337

Edited by sriracha john

"It's too scary to stick around here..."

Thaksin hopes to leave Thailand next week

BANGKOK: Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, who returned last week to Thailand after nearly 18 months in exile, said on Thursday he would ask a court for permission to leave the country for Britain.

Thaksin has kept an unusually low profile since his dramatic homecoming on February 28, when he was welcomed by adoring crowds in Bangkok.

In his first public appearance in six days, Thaksin told reporters that he would ask the Supreme Court to grant him permission to travel to Britain, where he owns the English Premier League football club Manchester City.

The court has ordered Thaksin to appear on March 12 for the start of his trial on corruption charges. He is accused of using his political office to win a sweetheart property deal for his wife.

"I will ask for the court's permission to travel to Britain on March 13," Thaksin said following a meeting of the Thailand Golf Association, which he heads.

The billionaire politician insisted he was ready to defend himself in court.

"I am prepared for the court hearing. There is nothing to rehearse," he said.

If Thaksin is allowed to leave Thailand, he would have to return for an April 3 appearance before prosecutors, who are deciding whether to bring another court case against him over alleged securities fraud.

Thaksin also repeated his vow to stay out of politics, saying he would focus on teaching, sports, and charity.

He said he would not advise the government, but would give lectures on his ideas.

"From now on, I will be a lecturer, not an adviser. Whoever is interested can pick up on my ideas and implement them," he said.

- Agence France-Presse

================================================================================

BUT....

The megalomaniac "lecturer" actually pre-supposes the Supreme Court decision...and gives their answer before they do.. to a entire group of reporters in public.....but what if they say "NO"??? (which would be completely understandable given his previous record of non-compliance with Court orders)...

"I will go to England on March 13," Thaksin told reporters.

He also said that since his return to Thailand on February 28, he spent most of his time preparing to fight the alleged corruption charges against him, so he has not had much time to go anywhere else. He revealed that he has talked to Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej on the phone. :o "We did not talk about politics, and I didn't give him any advice," he said. *share Phad Thai recipes then, did they?* :D :D :D He also said he would like to meet Privy Council president Prem Tinsulanonda if he has time because he has great respect for Gen Prem. *hmmm... ummm...*

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breaking_news/b...s.php?id=126342

Edited by sriracha john

His flight's already booked??? :D

Thaksin to Return to England Next Thursday

Today, the deposed prime minister gave the press his first interview since returning to his motherland last week, saying he will go back to England next Thursday and asking the public to give the government the opportunity to prove its performance.

After a week in Thailand, deposed Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra gave the press his first interview as he presided over the meeting of Thailand's Professional Golf Association at the office in Bangkok.

Thaksin admitted that he phoned Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej, but insisted there were no suggestions or discussion about politics during the call. * "Now how many cloves of garlic was that?" * :o

The exiled premier said he will go back to England on March 13th. His petition to leave the kingdom has already been submitted to the Court, *but not yet approved, despite his brazen, disrespectful, and narcissistic assumptions* and he says he is ready to fight his cases.

Thaksin repeated that he will not get involved in politics anymore but that he will devote himself to sports and education.

He also said he has no plan to meet the Head of the Privy Council and Statesman General Prem Tinasulanonda at the moment, because he has to deal with his various court cases.

The exiled premier also asked the media to stop initiating issues that result in conflict, especially the comments that he is the real prime minister and said he did not realize the People's Alliance for Democracy referred to him yesterday.

Thaksin says everyone should give the government the opportunity to prove its performance and that so far, no ministers in the Cabinet have asked him for suggestions. *no, they wouldn't... they ask for orders*

- Thailand Outlook

Edited by sriracha john

He's already saying he's going and coming back as he pleases because he still just doesn't care what is said or ordered by the courts. Same old above the law attitude.

What are they going to do if he tries to leave anyway?

Arrest him?

Who would?

The police force, his old buddies with new friendly chief in place? :o

Watch him slip and slide through whatever the justice system throws at him.

He will never allow anyone to arrest him , that's the sole purpose of his security team, there's no fear for his life, yet.

"I am prepared for the court hearing. There is nothing to rehearse," he said.

Because he will not show up.

Edited by Tony Clifton

Thaksin asking court for him to leave Thailand on March 13th

Thaksin Shinawatra's personal spokesman, Pongthep Thepkanjana, says Thaksin has asked the Supreme Court to grant him permission to travel to England after attending the court hearing into the controversial Ratchadaphisek land case on March 13th.

However, Pongthep says Thaksin has yet to schedule his date to return to Thailand.

Meanwhile, Thaksin did not attend the award presentation ceremony of a charity golf competition, following the invitation from Montfort School.

- ThaiNews

Now he's sharing Defense Minister duties with Samak, who's hard-pressed to find time for it along with the even more daunting task of Prime Minister....

Air Force Chief says Thaksin didn't see reshuffle list

Air Force Chief Chalit Phukphasuk denied showing the mid-year military reshuffle list to ex-PM Thaksin Shinawatra. ACM Chalit insisted Thaksin has nothing to do with the upcoming reshuffle. He also revealed that the list is 90% complete, adding that no changes have been made yet after he and Chiefs of the Armed Forces met with Prime Minister and Defence Minister Samak Sundaravej on Thursday. He insisted that the transfers are not done to purge generals with close ties to former members of CNS. Supreme Commander Boonsang Niampradit, meanwhile, said many parties have helped screening candidates and the list looks

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breaking_news/b...s.php?id=126373

covering all the bases...

DEFENCE MINISTRY

Critics link Spokesman to Thaksin

PM Samak, in his role as Defence Minister, has endorsed the appointment of a new ministry Spokesman, whom critics see as another figure linked to ousted PM Thaksin. The ministerial order was for the appointment of a new spokesmen's team, with Paradon Pattanathabut serving as Defense Ministry Spokesman. Observers said Thaksin was a police officer accompanying Preeda, Maj-Gen Paradon's father, when Preeda served as PM's Office minister in the Kukrit Pramoj government. Maj-Gen Paradon worked at the National Security Council during the Thaksin administration.

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/News/08Mar2008_news11.php

I come study in the university, my adopted dad is top 50 richest men in the world.

Not according to this list, released today http://www.forbes.com/2008/03/05/richest-p...illie_land.html - in fact it seems he doesn't make the top 1000.

But I think I saw his previous gardener and maid somewhere in the list :D

Perhaps she knows about & is counting his other funds, held in the BVI or London, which we are unaware of ? :o

Here's a little twist I had forgotten until remembering Pojaman's time at the Surpreme Court...

Guess I wasn't aware they allowed photography inside the Supreme Court...

Thaksin_wife_bk102.jpg

Pojamarn Shinawatra, sitting bottom right, wife of ousted Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, listens to a court hearing at Supreme Court in Bangkok, Thailand. Pojamarn pleaded not guilty and made the statement when appearing before the court on charges that she used her husband's political influence to buy prime Bangkok real estate from a government agency at a third of its estimated value.

Associated Press

Lawyer: Thaksin ready for first court hearing

Pichit Chuenban, lawyer of ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra, said Thaksin is ready to stand trial in the first hearing of Ratchadaphisek land deal to be held on March 12. Pichit said he finished drafting the testimony statement for Thaksin, who has to defend himself against allegations of abusing his power to acquire the land deal for his wife and hiding his assets while serving as PM. Thaksin is scheduled to appear at the Supreme Court at 9.30am. Pichit also said that Thaksin has not told him to draft a letter to ask the court's permission to leave Thailand for England on March 13 to attend business of the Manchester City

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breaking_news/b...s.php?id=126381

===========================================================================

So, does this also mean the application for permission to leave Thailand hasn't been made yet??? :o

Edited by sriracha john