How Much Should A Will Cost ?

siampaulibuyasia

I guess it will be the Thai version that will be used. If that is the case I would have the Thai version translated back to English by an independent translator and make sure it compares with the original English version.

Based on recent Thai history, if you name your Thai spouse as your beneficiary you might be paying a lot more than 6,000 baht....At least two farang husbands have been killed in the last six months in order for their Thai wives to get the money out of the wills sooner rather than later. You might want to take great care.

Based on recent Thai history, if you name your Thai spouse as your beneficiary you might be paying a lot more than 6,000 baht....At least two farang husbands have been killed in the last six months in order for their Thai wives to get the money out of the wills sooner rather than later. You might want to take great care.

um, yeah, thanks for the useful advice.

can anyone tell me how much i should be paying for a will and then the translation

There is very good software available to allow you to do most of the work yourself. I recently bought a copy of Quicken WillMaker and am re-doing my will right now. It is a pretty user friendly application from what I've seen so far.

If you already prepared the will on your own, then all you would need the lawyer for is the translation and official filing. If your primary assets are based in another country, then your will should be filed there first. In either case, doing it yourself should save some money.

As for all of the other comments on wives whacking their spouses, it should be relatively easy to put a clause in the will that if you are murdered, all of your assets go into escrow until the murder is resolved, and if your spouse is involved then the assets go elsewhere. Not really pleasant thoughts and intentions to be sure, but better to cover all the bases.

here we go again i ask a simple question and the doom and gloom merchants get on board, why do u bother living here :o

Doom and gloom would really depend on your marriage status, health, age, life style etc. I look at farang prince's note kind of like warning someone to be careful crossing the street, especially if his life insurance is payable to the person walking behind them. I live here as do a lot of people I know because its no bother at all.

here we go again i ask a simple question and the doom and gloom merchants get on board, why do u bother living here :o

One never knows. Besides, it DOES violate my living in Thailand rule number two. That rule is to never be worth more dead than alive. Before you criticize me, I love my wife and the past five years with her have been the best years of my life.

I WILL be a cynic for the rest of my life. :D