Disney On Ice/dusit Zoo

MSingh

Hello everyone, we are coming up from Samui in 2 weeks time to take the Children to the Disney on Ice Show at Impact Arena/Muang Thong Thani, once it's finsnihed we are undecided what to do seeing as we are due to fly back to Samui later omn teh Saturday evening..What would people recommend ?? My choice was Dusit Zoo but i'd be interested as to what you people in BKK would decide as other options. Thanks very much for your replies.

Not sure what to recommend, but the Dusit Zoo is a place that should be avoided. I was there about two years ago and except for reptiles, they don't have many animals, the place is mostly crappy over-priced kiddie rides. The seals tank was the most rancid smelling thing ever (and I've lived in Bangkok) and the animals really did not look well cared for or happy; sad really.

Have you thought about Safari World or Dream World? Never been either place, but I have heard good things about them.

I've been to Dusit Zoo several times and had a good time. Yeah, it's not the San Diego Wild Animal Park or anything, but it's alright and a good way to pass a couple hours. They have boats that you can rent and paddle around in the lake, and usually have a few different shows. Last time I was there they had a bird show, and another show called "Kenya Boys Acrobatic Show," which was a bunch of dancing African dudes dressed up as savages in animal skins.

I haven't been yet but there is also an aquarium in the basement of Siam Paragon that is supposed to be good.

I visited Dusit zoo yesterday and quite enjoyed it. Quite a few animals: monkeys, orang-utangs, giraffes, tigers, leopards, hippos, crocodiles, snakes, reptiles etc and of course monitor lizards. Many of the animals are in open enclosures. Lots of 'kiddie' things to do, but the gardens, lakes etc are very pleasant for an almost central BKK location.

Avoid Mondays if you want to see the African boys, it's their day-off.

Thanks for your replies people & yes, we have been to Ocean World too & enjoy it but have been 3 times in the last 6 months so it's getting a bit sameish even though it is very good..I've heard bad things about Dreamworld & read a report in " The Nation " with regards to people getting injured there on the rides recently ??

Anyone been to Safariworld that has been mentioned ??

Thanks for your replies people & yes, we have been to Ocean World too & enjoy it but have been 3 times in the last 6 months so it's getting a bit sameish even though it is very good..I've heard bad things about Dreamworld & read a report in " The Nation " with regards to people getting injured there on the rides recently ??

I've been to both Safariworld and Dusit zoo. To be honest, there's nothing too bad about Dusit and it's good value. My daughter always has a nice time, and as already mentioned it is a nice walk around witha fw things to do. Think if I'm right it's 5Obht admission for Thai and 100bht for non-Thai. Safari world is a bit bigger, and there are more shows to see, and again IMO it's a good day out, sorry can't remeber the price,You will need a full day, whilst Dusit is okay for 3 hours.

I've been to both Safariworld and Dusit zoo. To be honest, there's nothing too bad about Dusit and it's good value. My daughter always has a nice time, and as already mentioned it is a nice walk around witha fw things to do. Think if I'm right it's 5Obht admission for Thai and 100bht for non-Thai. Safari world is a bit bigger, and there are more shows to see, and again IMO it's a good day out, sorry can't remeber the price,You will need a full day, whilst Dusit is okay for 3 hours.

Thanks Mr Toad, appreciate your help. Looks like Dusit it may well be then. One last thing, does anyone know what kind of distance there is between Suvarnabhumi - Impact Arena/Muangthong - Dusit Zoo - Suvarnabhumi, even rough guesses or just distances would be great or even a link to a good BKK Attractions Map maybe ??

Sorry, but did I miss this? I knew there were issues at Siam Park, but hadn't heard of anything at Dreamworld.

last I was at Dusit zoo it was 30 baht for everyone.

Dreamworld had a problem with the big water flume a year or 2 ago I think. Suan Siam had issues more recently.

I can happily reccomend the Dusit Zoo (Khao Khiow Open Zoo near Chonburi is even better but you need wheels to get there)

Was at the Dusit Zoo on Friday last week. It was a very pleasant experience. Has all the major animals - lion, tiger, elephant, giraffe, ostriches, reptiles, monkeys, and a whole lot more! Its a nice 3 or 4 hour visit in pleasant gardens. very nice considering how central it is.

Was at the Dusit Zoo on Friday last week. It was a very pleasant experience. Has all the major animals - lion, tiger, elephant, giraffe, ostriches, reptiles, monkeys, and a whole lot more! Its a nice 3 or 4 hour visit in pleasant gardens. very nice considering how central it is.

Just to make clear that I have not reposted my posting same thread dated 2008-03-04 under a different name:

"I visited Dusit zoo yesterday and quite enjoyed it. Quite a few animals: monkeys, orang-utangs, giraffes, tigers, leopards, hippos, crocodiles, snakes, reptiles etc and of course monitor lizards. Many of the animals are in open enclosures. Lots of 'kiddie' things to do, but the gardens, lakes etc are very pleasant for an almost central BKK location."

• 2 weeks later...
Just wanted to say thanks to all who gave posetive comments about Dusit Zoo.

We thoroughly enjoyed it on saturday, had a great day & certainly will be going back again one day, thanks all. :o

Hi MSingh,

What was the Disney on Ice show like?

Is it still running?

Thinking of taking the family there next month?

:D

We thoroughly enjoyed it on saturday, had a great day & certainly will be going back again one day, thanks all. :o

Hi MSingh,

Is it still running?

I went there on Saturday with the family. Definately worth going!!

Great show, great entertainment. Scenes from Peter Pan, Lion King, Lilo and Stitch, 101 Dalmations etc etc.

By the way, the woman who plays the mother in Lilo and Stitch, is absolutely stunning :D

Great day out.

I'm thinking of going to Dreamworld next month. Apparently there's an indoor snow exhibit and the girls I'm taking have obviously not experienced the cold.

Has anyone been and is it like real snow?

Its a couple of years since I went, so I dont know if its changed. It looks real!!!

First of all it is ####@@@ freezing :o

There is a slope made of ice/snow which you are able to slide down.

There are also several "houses" set up to look like Christmas in the west.

You get issued with a pair of wellingtons and a winter coat.

Its good fun especially if the people you are taking have never seen snow/ice

Its a couple of years since I went, so I dont know if its changed. It looks real!!!

First of all it is ####@@@ freezing :o

There is a slope made of ice/snow which you are able to slide down.

There are also several "houses" set up to look like Christmas in the west.

You get issued with a pair of wellingtons and a winter coat.

Its good fun especially if the people you are taking have never seen snow/ice

Thanks for that. I expect the effect of snow down the neck is probably the same, if not more dramatic, over there...

More ice than snow but it was alot of fun. Wear long pants, I had on shorts and it was really cold. Oh, and if you wear sandals without socks(which I did) make sure you bring a pair (which I didn't) to keep your feet warm. I really did have fun though.

The sledding hill.

post-10310-1206636834_thumb.jpg

Edited by twschw

Hi MSingh,

Is it still running?

As JacknDanny ( who judging by name & avatar, needs to see a Doctor :D ) said, it was a good show & well worth coming up juts for the smile that came accross the little one's face when she saw Micky Mouse for the first time..

It has finished now though i believe.

Been to all of those places .

Disney on Ice finishes this week. Tickets were 200-1200B. My daughter enjoyed it very much. She has been to Disneyland in Hong Kong before.

Dusit Zoo - it's OK for 3 hours, you can take zoo trackless train first to see the place and then return where you like. It is a bit run down.Don't stop to eat at that cluster of restaurants that you hit first. There are more inside, better and also 7-11s and KFC.

Safari Park: far from the city and good for whole day if not 2 days. Other than open zoo (you need a car or a taxi to take you around, there is some tourist bus but not sure how it works). The zoo is 2-3 hours.

Then there are theme parks, with shows (cowboy show, dolphin show, jungle show...). You can't make it in 1 day together with Disney on Ice.

DreamWorld: the snow is good, they give warm clothes to everyone. Another whole day event.

IMO, in a day you can do Disney and Dusit.