Ckicken Little Sez...

Krung,

Thanks for taking the time to put your thoughts down. I can only hope Loa Po or midas, don't post another unrelated article and pat themselves on the back as the defendants of truth.

Siamamerican:

1. If you answer other posters, please spell their names correct; it's nothing more than being polite.

2. Please refrain from mentioning my name in a bickering way every other post if I have nothing to do with KhunG or Midas' post(s). Correct spelling of my forum name is a pre also unless you are suffering from dyslexia which would be excusable. I know, because several family members have a dyslexia problem.

Be a good sport and Gentleman.

LaoPo

Sorry, I really should care more about your feelings. What is the condition's name for irrational, unoriginal, and cut and paste posters. Hmm, LaoPoism - did I get the spelling correct.

I’m sorry about having fun at your expense. I’ll do my utmost to refrain from ridiculing you in the future. As one poster stated, "it is like shooting fish in a barrel" and what’s the point.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I really should care more about your feelings. What is the condition's name for irrational, unoriginal, and cut and paste posters. Hmm, LaoPoism - did I get the spelling correct.

I’m sorry about having fun at your expense. I’ll do my utmost to refrain from ridiculing you in the future. As one poster stated, "it is like shooting fish in a barrel" and what’s the point.

You don't give up, do you ?

"If you wish to attack me because I cut-and-paste, I suggest you bicker, flame, bash and start attacking also upon most of Thaivisa Moderators when they cut-and-paste news and/or other articles; let's see how long you're be able to survive here on TV."

From: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...t&p=1898273

Be a big boy and stop insulting me.

LaoPo

You don't give up, do you ?

"If you wish to attack me because I cut-and-paste, I suggest you bicker, flame, bash and start attacking also upon most of Thaivisa Moderators when they cut-and-paste news and/or other articles; let's see how long you're be able to survive here on TV."

From: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...t&p=1898273

Be a big boy and stop insulting me.

LaoPo

OK, I’ll stop. There are many situations where cutting and pasting is appropriate and it isn’t my place to determine when to do it. :o

OK, I’ll stop. There are many situations where cutting and pasting is appropriate and it isn’t my place to determine when to do it. :o

Thank you; much appreciated.

LaoPo

I'm really not sure I want to wade into this discussion but here goes anyway. Much of what is spent in Iraq is hidden from public view. They are referred to in the business as black funds. The number has become astronomical and is seriously classified. The M3 report had to be cancelled a couple of years ago largely due to these larger numbers.

Keep in mind that World War II cost the Americans $300 billion which in 2006 dollars is $4.3 trillion. Of that $300 billion, much was paid for via War Bonds sold to Americans. Some $185 billion were sold during the war. During WW II virtually everything was rationed. Not true of today's war.

I am positive the total cost of the Iraq war thus far well excedes $2 trillion.

I'm really not sure I want to wade into this discussion but here goes anyway. Much of what is spent in Iraq is hidden from public view. They are referred to in the business as black funds. The number has become astronomical and is seriously classified. The M3 report had to be cancelled a couple of years ago largely due to these larger numbers.

Keep in mind that World War II cost the Americans $300 billion which in 2006 dollars is $4.3 trillion. Of that $300 billion, much was paid for via War Bonds sold to Americans. Some $185 billion were sold during the war. During WW II virtually everything was rationed. Not true of today's war.

I am positive the total cost of the Iraq war thus far well excedes $2 trillion.

So the only hope for the USA must be for a Democrat to win in November and an

immediate withdrawal of troops ? Sorry KhunG !

Actually it does. The Sunnis have turned and Al Quada in Iraq has been nearly destroyed. The Mahdi Army was kind enough to keep their heads down while that was taken care of, and now has popped back up when we can deal with them. Insurgencies historically have taken 7-10 years to quell. This one looks to be headed toward the shorter end of that range.

It's not surprising that with such non sense, the US are loosing the war. At least, the war in the heads...

Sunnis and "Al Qaeda" are definitely 2 differents things. As for the Mahdi Army, it's more likely the whole shia community...

And you should ask yourselves : why do they wake up now ? Iran of course.

Bottom line : it's not an "insurgency"... It's just 85 % of the whole country that hate the US, discounted the "government's forces", right in the middle of a region that hates the US too !

How do you expect to "win" in such strategic context ?

There is nothing to win anymore.

I mean : it's good to be pro active, and self confident. But sometimes the line between that and self delusion is very thin...

One generation after the Vietnam War has concluded, can you name the country which is Vietnam's single largest trading partner?

One generation after the Vietnam War has concluded, can you name the country which is Vietnam's single largest trading partner?

For exports it's the USA: "US 21.2%, Japan 12.3%, Australia 9.4%, China 5.7%, Germany 4.5% (2006)"

For imports it's China: "China 17.7%, Singapore 12.9%, Taiwan 11.5%, Japan 9.8%, South Korea 8.4%, Thailand 7.3%, Malaysia 4.2% (2006)"

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/th...os/vm.html#Econ

But basically you're right and that's the absurdity of (a) war(s).

After WW II, Germany and Japan were the first to recover economically (in comparison to their neighbours) due to the Marshal Aid when they received huge funds to buy the newest machinery and rebuild the bombed country and infrastructure, amongst others. The others countries were still in shock a bit longer...

In Iraq's case however I'm afraid there's more to it; it's not one unified country, like Germany and Japan after the war; the people were ALL in the same mess in both countries.

In Iraq's case it's a religious civil war.

LaoPo

For exports it's the USA: "US 21.2%, Japan 12.3%, Australia 9.4%, China 5.7%, Germany 4.5% (2006)"

For imports it's China: "China 17.7%, Singapore 12.9%, Taiwan 11.5%, Japan 9.8%, South Korea 8.4%, Thailand 7.3%, Malaysia 4.2% (2006)"

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/th...os/vm.html#Econ

But basically you're right and that's the absurdity of (a) war(s).

After WW II, Germany and Japan were the first to recover economically (in comparison to their neighbours) due to the Marshal Aid when they received huge funds to buy the newest machinery and rebuild the bombed country and infrastructure, amongst others. The others countries were still in shock a bit longer...

In Iraq's case however I'm afraid there's more to it; it's not one unified country, like Germany and Japan after the war; the people were ALL in the same mess in both countries.

In Iraq's case it's a religious civil war.

LaoPo

I agree with all you said in this post. I try to make sense of the war, but it is getting near impossible. Bush keeps asking Americans to show resolve and in the end we will persevere. In my opinion we should ditch resolve for the current war plans and be looking for a solution. Really at this point, I don't care if we win or lose; only that the human and financial resources stop being wasted. We have lost other wars and all ended well given time.

kind of irelevant isn't it? the us would probably a significant trading partner without the Vietnam war. On the broader point, who knows what will happen to Iraq over the next few years, I wouldn't count your chickens before they are hatched.

kind of irelevant isn't it? the us would probably a significant trading partner without the Vietnam war. On the broader point, who knows what will happen to Iraq over the next few years, I wouldn't count your chickens before they are hatched.

I'm not counting chickens, merely making an observation. I deplore war and see most as preventable. I do disagree with you that the comment is irrelevant however. How relevant remains to be seen of course.

I'm not counting chickens, merely making an observation. I deplore war and see most as preventable. I do disagree with you that the comment is irrelevant however. How relevant remains to be seen of course.

yeah fair enough, if there was a rational motivation for the iraq invasion, it was most likely financial.

my bad with the chicken counting remark, i was actually thinking about a poster who seemed convinced that the 'insurgency' or whatever the hel_l is going on there will be over and done in a relatively short time frame.

• 4 months later...