Best Time To Give Birth In Thailand?

johnnymoretti

I know this might sound silly, but I was hoping I could find out from those with experience if there was an advantage to having a child during a particular time of the year. We live in Khao Lak (Phang Nga 80km north of Phuket Int'l Airport) and will have the baby at Bangkok Hospital in Phuket. We're not pregnant yet. :o

My reasons for asking are in regards to considerations such as:

1. Mosquitos

2. Heat

3. Humidity

4. Crowded Maternity Ward

5. Interfering with business (we cater to tourists)

So, from those of you that have had children here, what were the pros and cons of the month in which they were born??

Thanks to all that respond!

babybuggy.gif

Edited by johnnymoretti

I LOVE your avatar Johnny but can't advise. Are you seriously thinking of which month to get your partner preggers? If I was to hazard a guess at the best month to deliver I'd say May which means getting preggers in August. I am biased as those are my dates for my son :o

I would try to avoid the Songkran period for the delivery, weather being very hot and humid (not nice for the mother-to-be in the last weeks of pregnancy) and doctors being normal Thai people who certainly enjoy being in their family for Songkran time.

As for interfering with business (giving birth during the low season instead of the high season), well you are the one who know the best when are high and low seasons for you.

My guess there isn't any best time, you have moquitos, the heat, Humidity and other factors year round. For the most part the weather good year round in the land of smiles. Crowded Hospital not a problem forn there are many to choose from. :D:D:o:D

Well, I think the worst possible time to go through the last trimester of pregnancy would be the hot season and the easiest, the cool season, so maybe think of targeting a delivery in early to mid February.....

It would be lovely to choose when your wife gives birth. Unless you're planning on only trying one month out of the year, nature will decide when your wife becomes pregnant and you'll be along for the ride. And a lovely ride it is. :o

GunnyD