Forbes Billionaire Inventors List Includes A Thai

sriracha john

excerpt from:

The World's Richest People, Billionaire Inventors

invent_06.jpg

Chaleo Yoovidhya And Dietrich Mateschitz

Thailand And Austria

Worth: US$4.0 Billion Each

Light-Bulb Moment: Concoct a super-caffeinated carbonated beverage heavy on B-vitamins. Market to athletes and the party crowd.

The pair met two decades ago and decided to found an energy drink company. Chaleo provided the beverage formula and his partner contributed the marketing flair. The result: Red Bull, which now has $4.4 billion in sales and in which they each own 49%. Yoovidhya also owns TC Pharmaceuticals, a producer of energy drinks in Thailand. Mateschitz concentrates these days on his many other interests, including a construction company, a magazine and Hangar-7, the event center, situated on the grounds of Salzburg airport, that houses his historic aircraft collection.

======================================================================

Full article and related articles at Forbes:

The World's Richest People, Billionaire Inventors

http://www.forbes.com/2008/03/05/amazon-dy...einventors.html

In Pictures: Meet The Billionaire Inventors

http://www.forbes.com/2008/03/05/amazon-dy...rs_slide_2.html

Special Report, The World's Billionaires

http://www.forbes.com/home/lists/2008/03/0...illie_land.html

and from Forbes overall World's Billionaires List:

#260 Chaleo Yoovidhya

Fortune: self made

Source: Red Bull

Net Worth: $4.0 bil

Country Of Citizenship: Thailand

Residence: Bangkok , Thailand, Asia & Australia

Industry: Beverages

Marital Status: married, 5 children

Education:

Founder of T.C. Pharmaceuticals, a producer of energy drinks in Thailand. Met up with Austrian Dietrich Mateschitz two decades ago and the two decided to found an energy drink company. Chaleo provided the beverage formula and his partner contributed the marketing flair. The result: Red Bull, which now has $4.4 billion in sales and in which they each own 49%. Son Chalerm, who holds the remaining 2% stake in Red Bull, owns one of Asia's leading wine producers, Siam Winery, whose labels include Monsoon Valley and Sabai, an herb-and-wine drink.

=================================================================

Complete Forbes Billionaire List:

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2008/10/billio...aires_Rank.html

Wasn't Thaksin's maid listed on the billionaire's list?

In any case, the unnameable one is at least ten times richer than the next three or four Thai billionaires.

No, Mr. T is not on the list.

Thailand has a mere 3 Billionaires on the list, see below.

It's very disappointing that there are no younger billionaires* on the list...just elder people:

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2008/10/billio...Citizen_23.html

* Contrary to -younger billionaires- in other countries in SEA or Asia as a whole....how come ? No entrepreneurial spirit ? :o

LaoPo

Wasn't Thaksin's maid listed on the billionaire's list?

In any case, the unnameable one is at least ten times richer than the next three or four Thai billionaires.

Not according to the OP source, Forbes.... (try google).... or do you have conflicting sources of information that Forbes wasn't privy to?

No one is worth 40 billion in Thailand. That is Bill Gates type of rich and if someone were that rich in Thailand they would have to own the entire country.

Your statement is incorrect, however, not to be discussed here as per forum rules.

LaoPo

Forbes makes lots of rich lists that are easily available on the web. No one in East Asia, let alone Thailand, is worth anything near 40 billion.

But the wild, unsubstantiated statement sure did get some mileage... in the dozen or so responses that it elicited.

Forbes makes lots of rich lists that are easily available on the web. No one in East Asia, let alone Thailand, is worth anything near 40 billion.

You're mistaken.

Do your own research; it's not so difficult to find...if I did it you can do it. I even have a link (quite serious) , but it's not to be published here.

LaoPo

You're mistaken.

Do your own research; it's not so difficult to find...if I did it you can do it. I even have a link (quite serious) , but it's not to be published here.

LaoPo

aren't you confusing thai baht with us dollar?

You're mistaken.

LaoPo

aren't you confusing thai baht with us dollar?

No.

LaoPo

You're mistaken.

LaoPo

Then pm me the links to the articles if you have them. I am not closed minded. If you think there is someone in Thailand worth anything near 40 Billion based on Forbes let me know. I've read the stats, according to them there is no one near that number. According to Forbes it is 1/8th of that.

You're mistaken.

LaoPo

Then pm me the links to the articles if you have them. I am not closed minded. If you think there is someone in Thailand worth anything near 40 Billion based on Forbes let me know. I've read the stats, according to them there is no one near that number. According to Forbes it is 1/8th of that.

I wrote: "do your own research".

LaoPo

What I found most surprising about this years Forbes Billionaire's list was that 7 Russians made the top-25.

The US made 4 of the top 25.

Total of Russias 7 out of the top 25 = 152.6 billion

Total of US 4 out of the top 25 = 171 billion.

Russia is coming up fast. The new kid on the block: 6 of their 7 top 25 were in their 40's, the other aged 51. Apart from Bill Gates (52), the other 3 from the US are in their 70's.

Edited by tropo

What I found most surprising about this years Forbes Billionaire's list was that 7 Russians made the top-25.

The US made 4 of the top 25.

Total of Russias 7 out of the top 25 = 152.6 billion

Total of US 4 out of the top 25 = 171 billion.

Russia is coming up fast. The new kid on the block: 6 of their 7 top 25 were in their 40's, the other aged 51. Apart from Bill Gates (52), the other 3 from the US are in their 70's.

It would seem their country of Russia's finances are much more centralized into just a few individuals than the USA...

World Rank Country Per Capita Income in US$

03. United States 37,500

82. Russian Federation 8,920 *which is not much above*

87. Thailand 7,450

http://www.success-and-culture.net/article...itaincome.shtml

Factor those numbers by:

Russia Population: 141,377,752

United Sates Population: 301,139,947

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/th...book/index.html

and the true size of USA's economy vs Russia's economy becomes more realistic

Edited by sriracha john