Quote Of The Week

Mobi

From a news report in B. Post Business section on 4th March, about PTT, the largest petrol distributor in Thailand.

...Octane 95 gasoline will be phased out across the country in March after PTT sells out its remaining stock of three million litres. ''Sales volume has fallen sharply to 3.7 million litres a month from 60 million a year earlier, so it's not viable to keep selling this,'' he said. ''For owners of cars older than 12 years that need premium petrol, we are sorry about that. You can seek advice from a car company.''....

I actually laughed out loud when I read this. Talk about contempt for the consumer.

But maybe it's just me that's out of step :o

Edited by Mobi

Consumption of 95 petrol has fallen BECAUSE THEY HAVE STOPPED SELLING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I only know 2 petrol stations around Pattaya and Rayong that still sell 95 petrol, both Caltex although other Caltex stations don't sell it (?).

If 95 petrol was available at PTT stations I'm sure they would see an upturn in sales.

I bet they have had an upturn in sales in 91 petrol as all 95 petrol users will have switched to it if their cars are older and cannot use gasohol.

PTT personal are not known for engaging brain before mouth. A few weeks ago one noted a petrol increase was due to a possible production cut by OPEC. If the Post and Nation interviews etc are accurate its scarey some of the statements we read in both of them.