Visa Based On Children

No.

But if you legally support your Thai child you may be able to extend on that basis.

(a father/mother who is an alien)

Application for further stay for an alien father or mother to support children who are Thai Citizen

1. Immigration form 7

2. Copy of passport

3. A 4 cm. x 6 cm. photograph

4. A 1,900 bath application fee

5. Evidence indication the parental status; birth certificate or a judicial custody order of the child

6. Evidence presenting financial status:

- Bank pass-book, bank statement certifying amount of money in the applicant's account, a certified documents of money transferring from oversea or evidence of income with related documents

7. A record of interviewing the applicant

8. The officials reserve the rights to examine or ask for additional documents if necessary

- In most cases, the request will not be approved if the alien parents sponsor an dopted child who is a Thai citizen

If you have a child from a thai lady but you are not married to her, can you get a long term visa?, what type of visa?

I got a one year multiple entries non imm visa in June at Penang consulate. I submitted birth certificate for my child and I'm not married. At first, it wasn't obvious that I would get this kind of visa and even me myself wasn't sure, but after the Malaysian staff had been talking to someone (the consul I believe), they said that I could get it.

Agree. I misread his post. When long term is mentioned I think of living in Thailand without border runs. He should be able to obtain visitation type O visa valid for 90 day stay(s) at the present time.

He can get an extension on an O if the birth certificate names him as the father, and he can comply with the immigration income / savings requirements.

to dr.pat pong,no he cannot get an extension with the papers u said,i tried the same thing,and the immigration in Bkk told me that i need "bei rap rong bood"thats a paper what says that i guarantee for my child,im still working on it,i had to take a lawyer,oct.6th i have a date at the family court and nov.19th a date at province court

to dr.pat pong,no he cannot get an extension with the papers u said,i tried the same thing,and the immigration in Bkk told me that i need "bei rap rong bood"thats a paper what says that i guarantee for my child,im still working on it,i had to take a lawyer,oct.6th i have a date at the family court and nov.19th a date at province court

I have heard of people being successful that way, but as we all know, things can vary from office to office, and officer to officer. Please do let us know how the Court deals with the matter. Good luck.