Migrating To Thailand - 20y/o

Stop watching "The Beach" and get a grip. You're not Leonardo De Crapreo!

Use your £12k wisely, to better yourself and prepare for the future.

Go travelling for a year and make Thailand one of your stops. It is a wonderful place but I would encourage you to see a little more of the world before deciding this is where you want to stop.

Alternatively, get yourself off to College or University and get some qualifications useful to the oil or construction industry. That way you can position yourself for a career where you will be paid to travel the world. Many expats in SE Asia work in these industries and enjoy great lifestyles. (aside from the work, which is poo)

At 20 your whole life is ahead of you and you should use your nest egg to give yourself the best possible opportunities.

Keep the online gambling as a means of income while you're studying. There are guys here that do it. Trust me though, I know firsthand that they don't have much of a life tied to their PC all day.

Alternatively, ignore our advice. Come here as a backpacker, spend a year making false friends who are only interested in helping you spend your cash on sex, drugs and alcohol. Go back home at the end. Bitter, twisted and broke with only terrible stories to tell.

Your life "Up To You" but good luck whatever you do.

Edited by BelfastMike

He's 20 ... no Uni degree

Mac your credibility will suffer unless you suggest simple things like ... go to school. Get a degree in English or Education ... etc

edit -- you mean Hull (and maybe not so easy for a 20y/o with no degree etc

You don't need any degree etc for a non O visa. At Hull they will give you a non O for visiting friends here in Thailand, I use this myself.