When Someone On Thaivisa Writes "my Wife" Does It Cause A Reaction From You?

realmadrid25

In the west, the process of marriage and even choosing a girl friend is very complicated and thought out for most men. if your friend called you up and said im marrying a girl i met last year, youd think him to be crazy and most men would not put themselves in this position. in the west, they also seek partners of similar means and education...

Now in thailand, for the majority of farang it is the complete opposite. last week she was selling clothing at mbk for 20 baht an hour, this week she is a house wife?

When I am with my friends in Hong Kong or Singapore and someone says "my Thai wife" it gets a laugh and nod from us, and that subtle non spoken "yep".

When I am with my friends in Hong Kong or Singapore and someone says "my Thai wife" it gets a laugh and nod from us, and that subtle non spoken "yep".

And what do you do after that if you find that they've been together happily for 20 years, are bringing up 3 children and have built a fine life together?

Hopefully the world is changing - for the better. Cheaper airfares has made it possible for many westerners to travel overseas. In the process of absorbing another culture, many of us have found love and happiness and opted to marry the object of our affections.

I think it took the Vietnam war for many of us westerners to learn a bit about Asia. Since then Asian people have visited our homelands either as students or refugees or business people.

For a long time - an 'Asian bride' was for farang men who couldn't (or wouldn't) marry a woman from from their own country. The 'bride' more so than the groom was not held in high esteem - but both were looked down on. Just mentioning you were travelling to Asia got a 'nod, nod, wink, wink' from your mates - you were on a sex holiday.

These days, with few exceptions western men marry Asian ladies and bring them back to Farangland with very few problems from their neighbours.

If I see a farang and his Asian wife in the street, I give them a polite smile or nod and I think: Good luck to them.

Peter

someone says "my Thai wife" it gets a laugh and nod from us

My wife was born,raised,educated in NZL and is 100% ethnically thai(immigrant parents), and speaks english with as kiwi an accent as me....still laughing and nodding ? There are all sorts out there mate, keep that in mind.

Edited by kiakaha

In the west, the process of marriage and even choosing a girl friend is very complicated and thought out for most men. if your friend called you up and said im marrying a girl i met last year, youd think him to be crazy and most men would not put themselves in this position. in the west, they also seek partners of similar means and education...

Now in thailand, for the majority of farang it is the complete opposite. last week she was selling clothing at mbk for 20 baht an hour, this week she is a house wife?

What a cuddly little bunch you must all be.

And I had said " My Japanese wife" would there have been laughs and nods ?

Realmadrid, you're a useless troll, you make it too obvious.

Come up with some better material, look at some of my old posts for guidelines.

Edited by Maigo6

What a cuddly little bunch you must all be.

They are the expat brats who can not keep up with the locals

Yup, troll thread indeed. Please read forum rules before posting:

Do not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or any attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants. The word, or its derivative, "trolling", is used to describe such messages or the act of posting them.

///CLOSED///