Internet (in Thailand) Very Slow

RDN

Has anyone else had problems with their Internet connection this weekend? It started to go bad on Friday night (5pm) for me, and didn't really get back to "normal" until early hours Monday morning.

I am in Phuket, and would like to know what it's been like for other people here. Sometimes I could get to Google, but often ThaiVisa was completely dead.

I use Pacific Internet and the dreaded 1222 number. Thinking of changing now...

when you say slow, what are your average download speeds or what is you connection speed? I haven\t been able to connect above 36k here in pathum thani yet. and there were times this weekend i couldn't access pages, with a couldn't find server error, etc.

Sunday morning in Chonburi the 1222 service was almost unusable,

it was so slow.

My provider (Pacific) asked me to Ping Yahoo to test, and it came back "Not Found" which must say something.

This morning the modem only connected at 24K, but the data is flowing quite well, despite the slow connection speed.

Edited by astral

I have been using 1222 this weekend and had no problems when surfing but could not send any emails. I am in Phrae.

Speed was normal.

I have found that 1222 works better on a TOT line, anyone else agree with that.

l

I'm on TOT in Phuket, using the 1222 number. It's gone a little bad again tonight (Monday), but not dead. By that, I mean I have managed to connect at my usual speed of 42.6Kbps, but this is no indicator of "download rate" or "web page read" rate.

Sometimes I can connect at 42.6 and get nothing from the internet. It's as if my ISP has enough modems into it from the users, but the ISP can find no connection out onto the internet.

I connect at about 48-50kbps, when I download mp3 from Kazaa, I'd usually get speeds of between 4 and 7 KBps, if there are enough users logged on there. Ji-Net 1222 (for me) compares favourably with their regular pay-as-you-go connection, which I used for more than two years. Only some websites that might load a bit slower, sometimes. I'm on Sathorn road.

when you say slow, what are your average download speeds or what is you connection speed?  I haven\t been able to connect above 36k here in pathum thani yet.  and there were times this weekend i couldn't access pages, with a couldn't find server error, etc.

At 4am Sunday morning (Thailand) I was downloading at 4.6 K bytes per sec. - actually measured using my watch and "bytes received" from Internet connection properties, so it appeared to be back to normal.

I was connected at 42.6 k bits per second - which is my normal speed here in Phuket.

But earlier, when the Internet was very slow, I never got any "error 404" messages - "cannot find server" - but I could see I was getting no data from many web sites by looking at the "bytes received" count.