Renting Out Your Home

rocky123

I am leaving for a few months and thinking of renting my house. What are the procedures. Many Thanks.

go to agency and let them handle it or advertise yourself in paper or at shop noticeboards.you need to take some sort of security deposit.....if your only going for a few months then not sure its worth the hassle as most people like to rent longterm and shorterm people tend not to take care or pay enough security deposit.goodluck.

ps if you do it yourself then get contract written with terms etc and copy of pasport......if your going for more than 3 months then i think you are best to goto an agency as this is there business so they know the ins and outs.

As low season is arriving, many homes are coming on the market, and fewer and fewer renters are around, so it will become more and more difficult for you to locate someone willing to pay fair value for your home.

Also, as is written above, it would be difficult for your to locate a renter for a limited amount of time which fits your schedule.

I think it would be better for you to simply lock it up until you return.

Good luck/

As low season is arriving, many homes are coming on the market, and fewer and fewer renters are around, so it will become more and more difficult for you to locate someone willing to pay fair value for your home.

Good luck/

This is very true. Rents are going down in Pattaya, but the estate agents and owners (for obvious reasons) don't like to admit or publicise the fact.

I've been living in the same rented condo unit in Jomtien for 2 years. I pay 23K Baht/month. My lease expires in May, and the Thai owner wants me to extend again. I have started checking around and found no less than five similar units in the same condo for rent at 16K-18K Baht/month. I will extend at 18K, but no way at 23K again. All I have to do is pack my stuff up and move it down five or ten floors and I save up to 7K Baht/month. Not nice for the owner or agent, maybe, but good for me. :o