Electric Car, Solution To High Gas Prices

has anyone seen that oversize, yellow golf cart looking thing driving around kpn over the last few months? i talked to the owner the other day and it sounds like the perfect alternative to a car on kpn or samui when short trips are all you can do. it cost 450,000 baht to buy (about the cost of a suzuki jeep) and costs about 500baht/month in electric to charge. i spend that a week on my motorbike.

you can find an ad for them in the bkk post, can buy from bkk.

steve

I have seen that guy Steve, don't think it would make it to Hadrin but if you live near town, it seems ideal. What kind of mileage per charge can you get on that thing, did he say?

They had about 30 of them all in white with 6 seats at the G8 Sumit, I noticed on TV..

Other than that have only seen them [the 6 seaters] on large building projects here NOT on the public road.

has anyone seen that oversize, yellow golf cart looking thing driving around kpn over the last few months? i talked to the owner the other day and it sounds like the perfect alternative to a car on kpn or samui when short trips are all you can do. it cost 450,000 baht to buy (about the cost of a suzuki jeep) and costs about 500baht/month in electric to charge. i spend that a week on my motorbike.

you can find an ad for them in the bkk post, can buy from bkk.

steve

Since we dont know how it look like......why dont you post a link where to buy them or a photo would help, thanks. Anyway its about same price as a TukTuk, but still interesting

My husband doesn't think so. The car Steve talks about does not have a license plate or, as far as I can tell, a registration sticker. It belongs to the same grey area as the ATV's perhaps.

My local district office in BKK has just bought a couple of these. The district officers now patrol the area in them instead of smokey old pickups. Also, quite a few police stations now run their pickups on recycled palm oil that they collect from restaurants and temples.

I have seen that guy Steve, don't think it would make it to Hadrin but if you live near town, it seems ideal. What kind of mileage per charge can you get on that thing, did he say?

Just been down the road to Tesco Express which is in a large project, they had one 6 seater, today notice they have 2.. a 'salewoman' was sat in one and so stopped and asked her........ she said they were charged every day, but lasted all day..... as far as she knows there good for 40 KMH, and at least 50 KM per charge, the old one used every day is now over 5 yrs old... It has never been used on the public road, she has no idea if it could be..

The company is called Gem electric Cars and if I am lucky I will post an attatchment with their models and prices.

However I am not sure if they afre street legal.

post-5614-1205560413_thumb.jpg

However I am not sure if they afre street legal.

Has this ever stopped 50% of Cars and Bikes on the roads of Thailand..... :o:D:D