How To Approach Thai Girls?

realmadrid25

in the West, its not an odd sight to see a young man walk up to a young women he does not know on a subway platform or in a restaurant and start talking to her, but in Thailand I don't see it happening too often. My success rate of walking up and chatting to random women in public is infinitely lower than when I have been introduced to them previously or when we are in a private setting where other people are not around to watch.

so if i am walking in a busy shopping mall and i see a girl with two of her friends, is it an an entirely lost cause to try and talk to them? the only strategy i have been able to utilize somewhat succesfully in this scenario, would be to quickly give her a business card and give her a non aggressive compliment and walk away.

You're not giving us much input.

How do you look and act?

I can only assume that you're not a pensioner so the question is _ what do you want from a girl?

Is it a long term relationship or a quickie?

If it's the latter, just wave some cash and that kind of girl will find you.

If it's the former you'll have to take your time and choose carefully (read the forums for stories from the guys who didn't).

Thai women are not so different from any other nationality if they're shopping for a man, just the body language is a little different but if a woman is

interested, she'll send you the message somehow.

And beware! Thailand too has its share of tricky females.

Hope this what you wanted to hear and that I'm not advising Eskimos how to build igloos.

Must be you mate - found it far easier to meet and take some out in thailand than the west. :o

Agreed, i was once picked up by some young tasty posh sort in one of them shopping centres by Siam BTS, i think she just wanted to try a bit of farang once she had used and abused me the relationship was over.

I never even get looked at in similar environments in the UK.

Must be you mate - found it far easier to meet and take some out in thailand than the west. :o

Agreed, i was once picked up by some young tasty posh sort in one of them shopping centres by Siam BTS, i think she just wanted to try a bit of farang once she had used and abused me the relationship was over.

Must be nice, not many guy would admit that he been used and abused. Most girl would say stuff like that.

Did she beat you up. :D

in the West, its not an odd sight to see a young man walk up to a young women he does not know on a subway platform or in a restaurant and start talking to her.

Its certainly not like that in England, to even look at someone is considered threatening behaviour.

Maybe in a bar after youve both had a bit to drink, and she is twice your weight has 3 kids with 3 different fathers, then its ok to approach them if you dont know them.

.... the only strategy i have been able to utilize somewhat succesfully in this scenario, would be to quickly give her a business card and give her a non aggressive compliment and walk away.

Yeah right.... :o

post-13995-1205848292_thumb.jpg

LaoPo

i'm not sure what you mean by that, LaoPo. when i approach a Thai girl in front of her friends she usually gets embarrassed and i think this is a good way to give her my number and she can call me on her own later. i have done this a few times where a girl wont even look me in the eyes but then i get a call a day later. in other instances, the girl wont even look at me cause she is embarrassed but her friends end up talking to me and looking back and forth at the two of us while i feel like I'm back in middle school or something.

i'd like to get a Thai opinion or two on this. I don't mind making a fool out of myself every now and then, but i don't want to make it an everyday thing.

i'm not sure what you mean by that, LaoPo. when i approach a Thai girl in front of her friends she usually gets embarrassed and i think this is a good way to give her my number and she can call me on her own later. i have done this a few times where a girl wont even look me in the eyes but then i get a call a day later. in other instances, the girl wont even look at me cause she is embarrassed but her friends end up talking to me and looking back and forth at the two of us while i feel like I'm back in middle school or something.

i'd like to get a Thai opinion or two on this. I don't mind making a fool out of myself every now and then, but i don't want to make it an everyday thing.

Bring friends with you, it might look awkard if you are by yourself. Group hang out and when you get comfortable you can ask her out, just you and her. :o

A girl won't even look at you and you give her your phone number? Wow, great taste in women you have! :o

Must be you mate - found it far easier to meet and take some out in thailand than the west. :D

Agreed ! in the UK it is not the norm to walk up to any bird and start chatting. Even if they like you they will tend to scowl and back away. I was in Edinburgh the other week after pub closing hours. I asked some girl in a taxi rank what time it was, as my watch is broken. I immediately got hurled abuse by her and her friends saying I was trying to get in their pants etc ! If you had seen what these skanky, drunken bedragled tarts looked like I thought they were taking the piss. I myself am a normal looking guy in his twenties, so even if I did want to go there it wasn't happening (perish the thought)

Thai girls (normal ones) like a big smile and not too confrontational approach in my experience. Make a funny comment in Thai, then make a joke about how bad your Thai is, for example. That will be a good start, and an indication of whether she speaks English, is interested in you slightly etc etc. Then ask her if she (and her mates) would like to go for an ice cream etc to maybe swap some language skills :o

Failing that I find that lurking about shopping malls in a ankle length trench coat, choosing your victim desired girl, and then stalking / staring them out all day works great also !

:D

Must be you mate - found it far easier to meet and take some out in thailand than the west. :D

"Excuse me" to the Thai ladies in Thai preferably..."Do you know where I can find a Thai phone directory?".......Them "sorry no idea....Why do you want one?" "I was hoping to look up your number"

Giggles all round...The ice is broken, and you end with both their numbers probably for the cost of lunch. :o

Don't you just hate it when were treated like a piece of exotic meat?

I used to get abused by Thai girls in shopping malls too - mostly university girls. It's so easy to pick up Thai girls if your semi goodlooking and clean. Being young helps too.

Asking for directions is always a good option :o

So long as you dont actually want any, Thais are officially the worst direction givers on the planet.

When asking for directions, always ask to go somewhere you don't want to go to test them. For example, say , "excuse me does the bus no 39 go to Siam Square" (when in fact you want to go to Silom). If they say no, it goes to Silom, then youre sorted. Or say what bus goes to Silom, never does the no ... go to Silom. Thais love to say yes and will do so even if they know they are wrong.

With humour and some manners. It also depends whether you know you could see them again (perhaps she works in your favourite coffee shop) when you could take your time or whether it is a chance meeting and you will never see them again in which case you have nothing to lose.

Oh - such abuse every day would be heaven. :o

Edited by Artisi

in the West, its not an odd sight to see a young man walk up to a young women he does not know on a subway platform or in a restaurant and start talking to her, but in Thailand I don't see it happening too often. My success rate of walking up and chatting to random women in public is infinitely lower than when I have been introduced to them previously or when we are in a private setting where other people are not around to watch.

so if i am walking in a busy shopping mall and i see a girl with two of her friends, is it an an entirely lost cause to try and talk to them? the only strategy i have been able to utilize somewhat succesfully in this scenario, would be to quickly give her a business card and give her a non aggressive compliment and walk away.

RealMadrid, you have asked a serious question and you deserve a serious answer. I'm assuming that you are a young man in his 20's or early 30's. Depending on the girl's background and socio/economic level, approaching a Thai girl is not that easy for a farang. First, in some social levels, it is a stigma to be seen with a farang because so many farangs have taken up with ladies of easy virtue (hope that makes it past the Mods). Girls of good social standing do not want to be stained by the same broad brush of Thai society (and yes, Thais are just as judgmental as most westerners.)

Secondly, farangs are usually short-term residents of LOS. You might be a tourist, a student or a short-time professional. Only a small percentage of farangs end up staying here. As a result, most Thai girls of independent means don't want to waste their time and emotions on farangs who won't be around very long. And then, of course, is the issue of the well-deserved reputation farangs have earned for being butterflies. Whether straight or gay, farangs often change partners with dizzying regularity. Yes, so do Thai men, but at least Thai girls know the rules of the game. With farangs, they often don't, but they no doubt have heard about it from other friends.

Lastly, by nature the average Thai girl is somewhat shy. You have already noted this. So your approach of giving her a non-aggressive compliment is the proper one. You might want to strike up a conversation...but this can often be limited unless you speak Thai. With a language and a cultural barrier working against you, it is not easy to meet a quality Thai girl when you spot one in the mall for instance. But working through a variety of social connections, such as study groups (if you are a student) or business associates will probably give you a better chance of meeting a quality Thai girl.