Buying A Suit

tinytot

search function ..... not multiple threads! That is the answer!

it returns a LONG list for you

Good to see you around JD, but I always disagree with the throw away comment of, ' Use the Search Button', they might be new, but generally they ask for contemporary info and peoples advice, I didn't check this ones post count, but he might just be new and doesn't know the search function.

However bang in, just for the Craic, 'Buying Suits', in the search function and see what you come up with.

And yes I know you could use other options,

Moss

I've been using Khun Saak at GMC style (http://www.gmcstyle.com/index.htm) at Amarin Plaza (Chit Lom BTS) for about 2 years now and I'm really happy with his work. I actually found him in one of these threads. Shirts with decent material start at about 1,200 THB. I haven't had a suit made in a while, so I'm not sure what he charges.

I tried another tailor over on Silom once and got pretty bad results, but I always like to check out new places. Raja's will be next - that's why I like these threads.

Edited by on-on

I bought a suit from the soi 4 tailer and got a great price.

Don't be shy to ask for a discount as there is a lot of tailer shops around looking for your busines.

I am only short and I asked him for a signifigent discount becase he would be saving a lot on matearial cost and labor costs for sowing on my suit.

He agread and I got it for nearley half price.

Also if you pick a matearial that is not in style you can save a lot. I did and it still looks good on me.

With any of these "tailors" who rely on touts to try and get you in the door "it's a pig in a poke"

One of the best tailors in Thailand is in Chiangmai. The business has been operating there since 1953.

He recently told me that the majority of these "so called tailors" are in fact just shops where they have a couple of guys with tape measures. They measure you up and they send it out to some sweat shop and it will be made up in 2nd rate (at best) or 3rd rate quality fabric.

It is absolute bullshyt for Narry's to claim to be able to sell a suit, extra pair of trousers, couple of shirts and maybe a tie or two for the prices that they are quoting. (if you are talking about anything like quality that is)

Ask yourself !! if you buy a Tata are you gonna get BMW quality. No way Jose.

• 1 month later...

I can truly recommend ENZARNY as a Top Class tailor.

Just get 3 suits, a tux and 12 shirts done as well as 3 ladies evening dresses.

Absolute quality work and service. Exellent fabric selection. (check the 2nd floor)

Prices and very reasonable but certainly not on the cheap side.

Great value for money.

Works mainly for European and US customers.

Consider 16-18k for a suit

http://www.enzarny.com/ENG/index.html

The shop is located near the Oriental hotel.

From the Silom intersection turn right into Charoenkrung Road. After 200mtr turn left into Soi 38.

After 50 mtr on the right hand side.

Ask for Khun Tanit.

Tailor Enzarny

10, 12 Soi Charoenkrung 38

Charoenkrung Rd.

Bangrak, Bangkok 10500

Thailand

T. (0) 2630 8212-3

F. (0) 2237 1108

Just wanting to know if anyone has a good tailor at good price for suit or know of any good tailors who are good priced with suits.. Hope i can get some assisitance... tinytot