Thailand AIDS Problems At Critical Level

george

I read a report recently that 1 in 4 young american females had/has contracted an StD. Now it is apparently known that Hiv is helped on its journey by having an std. However there has been no massive or increase of hiv infections as would be expected - considering that the std infection rate shows peoplle are not bagging up.

The std infection rate in the uk is also at epidemic levels. iIn some areas peole were having to wait upto 6 weeks to get a hospital appointment - again hiv no explosion in infection.

Personaly i dont believe the science - but observe safe sex anyway by being married. I find single beds safer than condoms :o

Hiv, global warming, war on terror - all keeps the population supplied with the necessary anxiety dose!

That's not too bad is it. Two people infected every hour in the realm, 48x a day and 17,520 p/a

Japan with a population twice that of Thailand has around 100 infected each year.

Here they have so many stop start campaigns it is laughable.

It's a wonder that there are still any one living in the realm with around 40 killed on the roads every day, how many thousand in the southern unrest, then the several thousand in the last drugs clean up and now 48x (a day) infected with AIDS.

It wasn't called "Amazing Thailand" for nothing, now was it ??

The reality is that the problems that the authorities have to face in the realm are just so great that they don't really know where to start.

To take the figures astage further

OK shock 2 per hour.

2x24x365x= 17,520 new infections per year.

HIV aids discovered 1980 (28 years) = 490,560

Quoted figure for HIV cases in Thailand for some time has been 500,000 so in reality no change in rate of infection rates