Sriracha, Another Nice Living Town?

999Aacha

:D I know it's Pattaya Forum, but there's no Sriracha one, so... I visited there and impressed the way it become a nice peaceful town to live in, eat out, and exercise at the city's park(swimming pool, gym w sauna, tennis courts...)! Wondering any of you guys get the same impression.. :o

The resto's there are certainly good quality! I ate out many places like crazy, last weekend. I notice that the 4 hotels, same owner, have decent food and place laid out.. They're Kameo House-Chinese food and The Cape-Italian near the night plaza, The Caravel-Inter near city's park and the Canary Bay-Japanese near the Kameo.

The reason is its my family's favorite eat out's places.. :D I left Sriracha to Bkk for more than 10 yrs, and back with quite impressions. Not many Farangs there as many as the Japaneses, since they've contacted hotels and apartments by their host company... :D

I'm making the decision whether to live in the town or in Pattaya, where I work!? I'll give myself a couple days, though.

:o:D

Have always like Sri Racha since I first came here 13 years ago.

A trip out to Koh Si Chang for the day is worthwhile too, or even an overnight.

I confess that I've never been to Si-Chang at all...!? But I lived in Sriracha since I was 5. But after seeing your reply, I've the feeling to try! :o Thanks to u, P.P.!

SR is a nice tiny town as things go...a Robinsons shopping center, a couple farang oriented (mainly Japanese) hotels and service apartments, a few decent restaurants, maybe some beach and an offshore island, and a few nitetime "entertainment" venues. I think the main problem for most foreigners is that there is just not enough "there" there. Basically, one would get bored rather quickly and then start to go out of ones mind for lack of mental stimulation.

Aacha, I think you mentioned that you are Thai and a somewhat less touristy town might suit some in your place better.

SR is a nice tiny town as things go...a Robinsons shopping center, a couple farang oriented (mainly Japanese) hotels and service apartments, a few decent restaurants, maybe some beach and an offshore island, and a few nitetime "entertainment" venues. I think the main problem for most foreigners is that there is just not enough "there" there. Basically, one would get bored rather quickly and then start to go out of ones mind for lack of mental stimulation.

Aacha, I think you mentioned that you are Thai and a somewhat less touristy town might suit some in your place better.

Actually...You're right about me, Jonnie.. :o I just moved from the frea-ky busy Bkk, and starting here in Pyt. Once I see the place, it just got me right there... :D

But hey!, this is the cool Pyt forum!, and I'm proud of working here, self-employed and passional attracted already! For a Thai like me, I'd be happily hanging around! I've got da' feeling, Pattaya's just suit for working though...

Thanks to everyone for the brotherhood kub... :D

Your mileage may vary...
I hope to leave Sriracha as soon as I can find a new job.
Sriracha is a shithole.

Big mistake moving here.

I can't see how living in Sriracha is something to be proud of

...So, are you still the Sriracha-John? Or a somewhere-else-John now? :D

I mean, you moved out? If anything is to be caution in the town, pls ..be kind to inform me, though..

...oh, thanks for the brought-out though, I'll be keeping my guard up! :o

Your mileage may vary...
I hope to leave Sriracha as soon as I can find a new job.
Sriracha is a shithole.

Big mistake moving here.

I can't see how living in Sriracha is something to be proud of

...So, are you still the Sriracha-John? Or a somewhere-else-John now? :D

I mean, you moved out? If anything is to be caution in the town, pls ..be kind to inform me, though..

...oh, thanks for the brought-out though, I'll be keeping my guard up! :o

Still same, same... sriracha john

I have witnessed a tremendous, practically unparalleled, growth since first arrived as only the 2nd farang in this town at the time...

the above quoted nonsense was taken from lambous posts in

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?ac...amp;pid=1816087

who just appears to be a disgruntled english teacher at one of the alphabet language schools and whose avatar pretty much says it all....

As for cautions... avoid swimming at the beach... :D it's only suitable for brief wading during Loi Kratong

Seriously, though, if there's anything I can do... please feel free to PM.

But hey!, this is the cool Pyt forum!, and I'm proud of working here, self-employed and passional attracted already! For a Thai like me, I'd be happily hanging around! I've got da' feeling, Pattaya's just suit for working though...

Thanks to everyone for the brotherhood kub... :o

feel free to join us at our mentally stimulating TV night-outs...just check the thread on Friday afternoons when the group dynamics decide over the place to meet...

Thanks to everyone for the brotherhood kub... :D

feel free to join us at our mentally stimulating TV night-outs...just check the thread on Friday afternoons when the group dynamics decide over the place to meet...

sorry for the late reply kub, Raro. I'd been to Bkk for a couple of days. Thanks for the invitation kub! :D Too bad, I couldnt go, but I'm usually running and working crazy like ths, so pls excuse me though... :o I'll be here, in the forum, and company to all of you here. Again, thanks for the kindness!! :D

Interesting conversation as I am expected to change work places from BKK to Amata and Laem cCa Bang shortly and was looking at moving home to either Sri Racha or Bang Saen. have searched the web for decent looking property but as usual the better rentals are by word of mouth.

So you Sri Racha experts, any advice onwhat I could get down there for about 15-20k a month

4 bed-room house with garden! - true! - or even less.

PS - the condos are expensive as they are all up to Japanese specification.

Pattaya is about 30 minutes drive.

Motorway about 10 minutes, Bkk about 1.5 hours

Amata Nakorn - 45 minutes

Bang Saen 15 minutes

Please do not support the infamous Tiger Zoo!

Edited by wilko

It is a growing city. It has everything though. I live across from it on Koh Sichang.

Shopping, good hospitals and dentists. You can get 1st class dental work there at Thai prices and No hassles.

Yet, it retains it's small city charms. Only drawback is SiRacha John is lurking over there...

Just kidding John!

I'm gonna live here in Sriracha, well, it's coz I wanna take care of my parents, so... :D I'll live with them, and Sriracha is nice enough for a Thai like me, i figured, Thanks Jonnie! :D I'm doing some renovation work on the house, so lets see if the work and everything's turned out ok!? Better is ok, though! I dont wanna double my pay for it...Let's pray :o

• 4 weeks later...
Interesting conversation as I am expected to change work places from BKK to Amata and Laem cCa Bang shortly and was looking at moving home to either Sri Racha or Bang Saen. have searched the web for decent looking property but as usual the better rentals are by word of mouth.

So you Sri Racha experts, any advice onwhat I could get down there for about 15-20k a month

Kingfisher does corporate business, but they have a lot of places under the radar in your price range. Not everything is shown on their website. Their offices are near Robinsons.

http://www.kingfisherrelocations.com/prope...ropertyfor_id=2

Kingfisher does corporate business, but they have a lot of places under the radar in your price range. Not everything is shown on their website. Their offices are near Robinsons.

http://www.kingfisherrelocations.com/prope...ropertyfor_id=2

Thanks for the link. I've never seen so much online residential property listed for Sriracha on the 'Net anywhere.

This must be a real go-getter of a company.

Thanks for the link. I've never seen so much online residential property listed for Sriracha on the 'Net anywhere.

This must be a real go-getter of a company.

Try this one I just found

http://www.dv-property.com/dvproperty/cont...anguage=english

I'd have to say I prefer the Kingfisher site as a lot of the photos on the DV property site are grossly undersized and thus are horribly distorted when clicked on. There's generally more information on the individual properties on Kingfisher site, as well.

Still... it's amazing to me that either site is available. When I arrived in Sriracha, it was only word of mouth or aimlessly wondering about to find places with signs on their gates. The rates for buying/renting were running about 1/3 of what they are on these sites...

I think the way to go is still to drive round. get a map of the place...those rents are well high!

Be careful about which side of S/R you choose depending on where you work or commute or whatever. The place is a bottle-neck; it can take 20 to 30 minutes to get from one side of S/R to the other in the morning and evenings...the traffic is really heavy and there are at least 3 major sets of lights.

Motorway access is easy from the East side of town, Laem Chabang and Pattaya from the South, or Chonburi and Bang Saen from the north side.

Robinsons has a TOPs supermarket, but parking at peak times is a joke!

eating is good...I'm told by m,y Japanese colleagues that the plethora of Japanese restaurants are "no good".

night life is virtually nil unless you want to visit the Japanese orientated brothels and karaoke bars.

Edited by wilko

Quote: Sriracha John

"Still... it's amazing to me that either site is available. When I arrived in Sriracha, it was only word of mouth or aimlessly wondering about to find places with signs on their gates. The rates for buying/renting were running about 1/3 of what they are on these sites... "

I have to agree with SJ. When I first came to Sriracha I expected to rent for 6 months while I found a place to buy. It took 2 years of searching to find a place that I liked within my budget. I wanted a place within 15 mins walk of Robinson. With my wife, we walked every soi in the area. We also had motocy drivers looking for 'for sale' signs and contacted the banks, who at the time had many reposessed properties. Looked at many houses that I would not feel comfortable in or in sois that I didn't like.

We bought a 3 story, 3br townhouse for 800,000B that we are very comfortable in. Prices in the area have more than doubled since then.

Quote wilko:

"night life is virtually nil unless you want to visit the Japanese orientated brothels and karaoke bars."

This is simply not true. Sriracha may not have the girly bars and gogos of Pattaya but there are many excellent Thai restaurants and bars to meet up with friends and the prices are much more reasonable than the more touristy areas.

I actually said that the restaurants were good....I don't rate the night life....if you are looking for anything more exciting than a meal out apart from Timebomb or others that ilk there is nothing.

Depends on how old you are really....a nice stroll to Koh Loy may be some people's idea of a good night out.

however if you want to hit the streets late there is little there.

^Gusto, Cool Club, Web Site, Bommerang, Pop and Thai country bars with live music till dawn?

It's true that most bars close at 2am but not all.

If your idea of night life is ladies of negotiable affection you could try Sriracha's equivilant of Pattaya's Soi 6 - Soi City Hotel although there's very little English spoken there. A friend told me.

I actually said that the restaurants were good....I don't rate the night life....if you are looking for anything more exciting than a meal out apart from Timebomb or others that ilk there is nothing.

Depends on how old you are really....a nice stroll to Koh Loy may be some people's idea of a good night out.

however if you want to hit the streets late there is little there.

at least read my post before you jump down my throat!