Couple Stuff

rewket

Me and my girlfriend are moving to phuket and she is pregnant, i was wondering what is the way to go for insurance for both of us, one that would cover labour would also be nice.

She is thai. What about the kid? what would be best? i would like one that actualy pays on the spot as i had one from canada that i had to send papers too which is pretty much worthless since most of the time i have no idea what the hospital paper say.

i plan to marry her soon if that provides any privileges.

Also just on a note, we plan to rent a car with GPS(truck to be specific) to bring all our stuff to phuket from bangkok, anyone has recomendations? Only cheap car i found was on THAI-rent a car using this website's rent-a-car application. Is that the best prices around? my gf only knew about avis which is probably way overpriced.

Thank you very much

Edited by rewket

You might try posting this in the Insurance or Families and Children sections of the Forums but from what I know of MY past insurance policies even if it covers for pregnancy your wife / GF is not covered if she becomes pregnant in the first 12 months.

I think getting an insurance for someone already pregnant could be difficult or costly.

Why do you need a car with a GPS? Can't you read a paper map?

Why do you need a car with a GPS? Can't you read a paper map?

Makes me laugh that people hundreds of dollars for satnav for their car and only go around the city. Fair enough if you drive alot due to your job and have to goto different locations each day. But not if you go much the same way every day.lol Sorry a bit of topic.

Phuket to Bangkok is pretty much a straight shot drive up. The GPS might be helpful in Bangkok, but I wonder how up to date it would be. Canada The U.S. Europe it would e helpful but i doubt it would be worth the extra expense. The truck should cost enough as it is. Wish I could help you on the insurance but there are preclusions (even in Thailand) on insurance matters- especially if your not married .

Good luck on your move & your Baby!

Edited by Beardog