Is There A Doctor In The House?

chicowoodduck

A few days ago I took a nasty tumble down a flight of stairs and found out that marble is harder than the human body. :o Lucky for me, I didn't go ass over teacup, but I did hit my back pretty hard. Although I'm not a doctor, I believe I may have cracked a few ribs. My question is, where might be the best place for me to go and get an x-ray and overall check-up? I live in Pattaya City central, and since I have limited medical coverage, would be paying any bills in cash.

I have been to simple private doctor office in CM that have their own x-ray equipment. I forget what it costs, but it was extremely cheap from an American stand point.

he is in pattaya, nothing like a drive to CM to keep costs down.

there is almost nothing you can do for cracked ribs other than tape them. i say this having broken ribs many times in my misspent mountainbiking youth.

if they were broken you would certainly know with every breath, especially while lying down at night.

also while the xray might be cheap, it is only as good as the person reading it. i personally wouldn't bother and take it easy while they heal themselves.

that is unless i was already in ill health.xrays are not that expensive 1500 to 2k baht with consultation

Edited by t.s

Banglamung Hospital (naklua) its cheap. Always ok for me, I had an ear infection a few years back, i went stone deaf in one ear - my thai partner took me to Banglamung hospital and they cleaned my ears out with warm water, cost me 100 bt. I think if i had of gone to another hospital it would have costed me thousands. you gotta try it - it really is ok. good luck and hope you feel better soon.

Banglamung Hospital (naklua) its cheap. Always ok for me, I had an ear infection a few years back, i went stone deaf in one ear - my thai partner took me to Banglamung hospital and they cleaned my ears out with warm water, cost me 100 bt. I think if i had of gone to another hospital it would have costed me thousands. you gotta try it - it really is ok. good luck and hope you feel better soon.

I'll give it a go next week IF I don't see some improvement. I've had a few broken ribs in the past, but this time the pain has kicked it up a notch and I pray each day I don't have to sneeze or cough. :o

Did you lose consciousness?

Are you having any headaches or change in visual accuity?

Is there any blood in your urine?

Have you coughed up any blood streaked sputum?

Have your bowel movements or urinary patterns changed?

What is your pain level on a scale of 1 to 10? 10 being the worse

What makes your pain better?

What makes it worse? :o

Any change in appetite?

Any fever?

I have been to simple private doctor office in CM that have their own x-ray equipment. I forget what it costs, but it was extremely cheap from an American stand point.

he is in pattaya, nothing like a drive to CM to keep costs down.

there is almost nothing you can do for cracked ribs other than tape them. i say this having broken ribs many times in my misspent mountainbiking youth.

if they were broken you would certainly know with every breath, especially while lying down at night.

also while the xray might be cheap, it is only as good as the person reading it. i personally wouldn't bother and take it easy while they heal themselves.

that is unless i was already in ill health.xrays are not that expensive 1500 to 2k baht with consultation

Sorry, I fly, never drive to CM

Regardless, I was not suggesting that the OP should travel to CM for a simple x-ray. I was trying to point out, which apparently flew over your head, that small private clinics sometimes have x-ray equipemt.