Songkhran Festival

macb

Already escaped to Australia for a few weeks until the madness is over. Cost me a couple of hundred thousand baht but well worth it.

The idiots come out in force - even the safety conscious guys that tell me I can't have in a kid in the car with no safety seat, pile their kids in the back of a pick-up truck.

I used to enjoy Songkran years ago when I was young drunk and foolish but now I try to get out the country.

I'm really looking forward to my 18th Song Kran in Thailand. It is great to be young at heart! :D

:D You must be OLD :o

5 straight for me and several before that as a tourist! I am looking forward to the fun!

Wear swimming trunks and flip-flops only, leave the mobile phone at home, and pay for everything in 5 and 10 baht coins. I will buy a Fuji waterproof disposable camera and capture the punch-ups on Sois 7 and 8 (Pattaya)...and post them on T.V. :o

Well 13th to 17th April is one of the Thai big holidays what you going to be doing ?

I've just been informed by my inside sources that the anti - booze crusaders have persuaded the government to close all bars and ban all alcohol for the duration of Songkran.

Apparently it will save billions of Baht in accidents and police overtime, and give the drinking population an opportunity to 'dry out' and enjoy a happy, sober festival.

I am going to spend the Songkhran week around the Sukumvit area. Does anyone know how crazy it gets there ? Can you manage to get around without getting soaked whenever you step outside ? :o

It is quite easy to not get wet if you know where to avoid. Places that farangs drink are worse like where Soi Nana meets Sukumvit is a big no-no. I have often stayed in Bangkok for Song Kran and not got wet the whole time.