Petrol Station Thieves Arrested................................

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya City News: March 26th 2008

Petrol Station Thieves Arrested.

Last Saturday we reported on a robbery at a petrol station on Sukhumvit Road in which 5,000 baht was taken and noted police believed they had a good chance of catching the culprits. On Tuesday evening at 7:00pm Police Colonel Nopadon, the Superintendent of Pattaya Police Station, held a press conference to announce the arrest of three Thai men in relation to this and a series of other robberies.

The three men, aged 29, 24 and 21, were paraded before the assembled media. Police claimed the evidence against the trio included a pistol, a stolen television, DVD player, and amplifier, and two motorbikes, one being identified via CCTV pictures as being used in the petrol station robbery, and 10,000 baht in cash.

The trio confessed to operating as a gang and being involved in more than 10 robberies. They claimed they took up this life of crime for Robin Hood-like reasons. They said they are very poor and life is tough, so they wanted to redistribute wealth by way of taking other people’s property and giving it to themselves. They claimed they also gave away stolen goods to other poor people, such as friends and family.

The trio will face court in the coming days and will no doubt be hoping for a sympathetic judge.

The amount of jobs on building sites now in pattaya is incredble but there is a shortage of workers and are bringing in burmese and lao workers due to the laziness of thais.sad state of affairs this is.maybe the thai guys will decide losing face by being lazy will make them stop drinking and stealing and do a honest days work.

i am living in dream land arent i.my gf has 2 brothers and the younger one comes to pattaya and works for a few days then goes on the piss for weeks and doesnt send money back to mama,thats when i throw him out of the house as his disgusting breath nearly kills us and i refuse to allow him to act like this in front of my 7 yo step son.i could go on to say about how many thai lads are pimping in pattaya but we all know that dont we.greed is killing this country.

The amount of jobs on building sites now in pattaya is incredble but there is a shortage of workers

This was the case all ready when I first moved to Thailand, and that's 19 years ago.

Nothing new there.

And let's not forget that constructors want cheap labour, who don't make problems about safety issues, housing etc.

cheers

onzestan