Adsl Speed Indication

pop3

I have adsl with Tot. I am running windows XP, on the network connections local area connection I have a speed of 10.0 Mbps

Tot tell me thats the speed from my pc to my modem and not my real speed ?

Where can I find my ( real ) speed ?

I have adsl with Tot. I am running windows XP, on the network connections local area connection I have a speed of 10.0 Mbps

Tot tell me thats the speed from my pc to my modem and not my real speed ?

Where can I find my ( real ) speed ?

www.bandwidthspeedtest.com

Connect to your router (how to do that, see your router manual), and it will show you the nominal speed of your adsl line.

Know that speed is NOT only determined by the amount of kbps upload and download, but is also determined by latency and packet loss.

All the bandwidth-speedtest websites will just give you an idea of your download and upload speed at that time.

Guest Bellini
...type 192.168.1.1 and you'll find your package in the details (Speedtouch)...

Sniffdog's tip above will give you the speed between your modem and your ISP's server. This is the part of your Internet connection that your ISP, ie TOT, is responsible for. Compare this to the rated speed of your ADSL subscription. If your modem is password-protected, as it should be, you will have to enter a user name and password, which you should have received from your ISP.

The other addresse for speed tests will give you the speed between your modem and specific servers some place in the world.

Edited by Bellini