Smtp For Tot

DaveBKK

So TOT is still blocking regular SMTP connections so I've been using the TOT smtp at: smtp.totisp.net.

Now this morning, the TOT smtp server doesn't seem to be allowing a connection giving an error message that: the evaluation license has expired

How can you not laugh and cry at the same time????

I just phoned them and they are aware of the problem- I asked when they were going to pay for the software licence and was met by silence!!

No alternative was suggested, I asked them about unblocking regular smtp connections and again uummm...

Hopeless!!

:o:D

So TOT is still blocking regular SMTP connections so I've been using the TOT smtp at: smtp.totisp.net.

Now this morning, the TOT smtp server doesn't seem to be allowing a connection giving an error message that: the evaluation license has expired

How can you not laugh and cry at the same time????

Same problem here with smtp-adsl.totonline.net

Tried smtp.totonline.net

answer:

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was '[email protected]'. Subject 'yyyyyyy Account: 'pop.mail.yahoo.fr', Server: 'smtp.totonline.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '553 sorry, relaying denied from your location [125.27.64.79] (#5.7.1)', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 553, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

And nobody answer to the phone

Thanks to the OP I dont have to bother to try again :D

Big mess with these @$$****s as usual :o

I suspect that they had an evaluation copy for the mail server software and that it has run out. Hoepfully they will get it fixed quickly! Maybe even buy the license, espcialyl in light of all the money they were earning with it.

Looks like someone at Tot has got their plastic out and paid the license!

It will be down again when they discover the credit card used was from Thailand!! :o

Its working again - but you might get a radius error as its a bit overloaded with all the mail!

It will be down again when they discover the credit card used was from Thailand!! :o

Its working again - but you might get a radius error as its a bit overloaded with all the mail!

same same here

Load seems to be stable now and no errors - fingers crossed this will keep going!

I suspect that they had an evaluation copy for the mail server software and that it has run out.

More likely they were caught using a pantip version of the SMTP server and did not realise that software writers often put in backdoors (and have done for years - especially in Mail Server Software!) - so that with even a hacked/illegal copy it could still be turned off - especially when blatantly abused by a major ISP!

Embarrassment is highly likely for TOT as this has been reported to the computing media by TOT users (via online email systems naturally) by a number of TOT customers! :o

Just tested TOT's smtp (to IP address 118.175.8.10)

@croftrobin: how does a mail server works with radius?

Radius has nothing to do with smtp - however at the time the smtp server restarted, radius errors were experienced with mail clients - reporting radius error - these were most likely from POP3 users collecting mail from the same server who had been fiddling all day to get some email out. - Overload condition for about 10 minutes when it all sprang back into life

Just tested TOT's smtp (to IP address 118.175.8.10)

No problem, works fine.

It does now - It didn't work 14 hours ago for 12 hours. And it was not a DNS Problem : all TOT mail servers direct to 118.175.8.10.

Prasert Do you work for TOT?

:o

hel_l no, I'm probably one of their worst customers. When I mention one of the phone numbers, the employees of the callcenter pass my call immediately to their supervisor.....

:o

hel_l no, I'm probably one of their worst customers. When I mention one of the phone numbers, the employees of the callcenter pass my call immediately to their supervisor.....

If your like me the Supervisor doesn't even attempt to speak Thai or English just uuuuuuuuummmmmm.

Anyway lets hope its all resolved now - and then they can start to allow other port 25 traffic other than internally!

• 3 months later...

Account DNS SMTP

Supercyber 203.113.127.199 smtp-adsl.totonline.net

Silvercyber same same

Goldcyber same same

Extracyber 203.113.24.199 same

Bestcyber same same

Totgoldbiz (SME) 203.113.24.199 same

or

TOT Internet call Center 1100 :o