Bus / Train To Ubon Ratchathani Province From Chiang Mai

dantilley

Hi,

Does anyone know, are there any direct buses or trains from Chiang Mai to the town of Det Udom in Ubon Ratchathani province? Or, failing that, to Ubon town itself? If so, how long does it take, roughly?

Or must one change at Bangkok to do it overland, or is flying the only real option for this route?

Thanks,

Dan.

Hi,

Does anyone know, are there any direct buses or trains from Chiang Mai to the town of Det Udom in Ubon Ratchathani province? Or, failing that, to Ubon town itself? If so, how long does it take, roughly?

Or must one change at Bangkok to do it overland, or is flying the only real option for this route?

Thanks,

Dan.

Pretty sure there is a direct bus to Udom from Chiang Mai. Leaves Udon about 9pm, arrives in Chiang Mai around 6am, leaving Chiang Mai (hopefully) at 9am, arriving in udom at 6 pm. And the route is more direct through Loei and a right turn at Phitsanaloke to Lampang and Chiang Mai. I think the cost is 600 baht... You can simply go to the bus station to learn everything

Hi,

Thanks for this.

Just to be sure, you mean it arrives in Det Udom at 6pm? Or do you mean Ubon Ratchathani at 6pm? Sounds promising anyway, and not as much of a long journey as I thought.

BTW, can't actually go to Chiang Mai bus station as I'm not there now, but just making some future plans...

He's confusing Det Udom with the province of Udon Thani.

Anyway, there is a bus to Ubon Ratchathani from Chiang Mai. It's run by Nakhon Chai Air (small terminal of their own behind the main Arcade terminal). Website is www.nca.co.th

Ask them if they go near Det Udom, and if you can get off the bus there.

He's confusing Det Udom with the province of Udon Thani.

Anyway, there is a bus to Ubon Ratchathani from Chiang Mai. It's run by Nakhon Chai Air (small terminal of their own behind the main Arcade terminal). Website is www.nca.co.th

Ask them if they go near Det Udom, and if you can get off the bus there.

Thanks Jefferson, will forward that link onto my wife as I can't read Thai too well.

Cheers.

Take the bus to Ubon R., and take taxi (pickup), or local bus to Det Udom.

Det Udom is 45 km south of Ubon, and I'm sure the bus from Chiang Mai do not pass by.