Uk Passport For Thai Wife?

I would appreciate any advice for the following situation.

I am a British Citizen and Passport holder that moved to work and live in Germany in 1986.However I have two adult children both married and living in the UK that I visit regularly. Four years ago I retired (aged 60) and for the past 3 years I have spent my winters in Thailand with my Thai partner and my summers in Europe, based in Germany. My problem is, my partner plans to retire in 2 years time and we would like to spend the summer months in Europe together. However, she currently needs to obtain both a UK visa and a Shengen visa, which I believe will shortly be restricted to 3 months duration each, which is both time consuming and expensive as we live in the North and so must travel and stay in Bangkok each time. If we marry she could apply for a UK settlement visa but as we do not plan to settle or live in the UK it would not be much help. Is there a possibility of getting her a UK Passport, this would then allow her to get a Residence Permit for Germany in her own right and at the same time give us free access to the UK and other European countries as and when required.

she will need to reside full time in the Uk for 3 years before being entitled to apply for a british passport after passing the life in the Uk test requirement.

Another option is a multiple tourist visa for the UK instead as there is a possibility to get 5 or 10 years tourist visas. I am not sure if the shcengen has something similar?

she will need to reside full time in the Uk for 3 years before being entitled to apply for a british passport after passing the life in the Uk test requirement.

Another option is a multiple tourist visa for the UK instead as there is a possibility to get 5 or 10 years tourist visas. I am not sure if the shcengen has something similar?

Thanks, I will check out the Shengen possibilities from Germany.

If you were to be married, your partner may qualify for a free visa for Germany (being the spouse of a British citizen) which she may then extend in to a residence permit. Depending upon the circumstances, she might then get free visas for the UK, too.

Scouse.

If you were to be married, your partner may qualify for a free visa for Germany (being the spouse of a British citizen) which she may then extend in to a residence permit. Depending upon the circumstances, she might then get free visas for the UK, too.

Scouse.

Thank you Scouse, I am now back in Germany and will look into your suggestions from here.