D Max "starry Black Mica"

MickA

Had the truck (Cab4 3.0 VGS) a week now, went to the village in it and the left hand side has a scrape down it from branches and the drivers door has numerous scratch marks from the dog jumping up at it....went into Isuzu here in Sakon Nakhon and "No problem covered by warranty". I would have been a little more impressed if i could drive it over rough terrain without worrying about the paintwork! Anyone else had this problem? Have i bought a "pup"?

Edited by MickA

I have the same type truck and same color as yours. I think your expectations of paint is a bit much. You can have protective sealant and or wax applied, but even than it won't prevent dog nails or sharp hardwood scratches.

I'm suprised the warranty would cover your damage ???

Had the truck (Cab4 3.0 VGS) a week now, Have i bought a "pup"?

Its car paint whatever colour you call it.

Branches and dogs claws will have the same effect on flourescent 'ladyboy' pink. Like FM2002, I too have the same car and colour, plus unfortunetly had to get scratches fixed under warrenty (Bicycle Rickshaw man's handlebars 'Striped' one side!!). The result was a perfect colour match and a very pleased Ferang.

Relax and enjoy your new truck

Dave

Had the truck (Cab4 3.0 VGS) a week now, went to the village in it and the left hand side has a scrape down it from branches and the drivers door has numerous scratch marks from the dog jumping up at it....went into Isuzu here in Sakon Nakhon and "No problem covered by warranty". I would have been a little more impressed if i could drive it over rough terrain without worrying about the paintwork! Anyone else had this problem? Have i bought a "pup"?

That's the problem with every black car paint.

I've a Starry Black Mica D-Max October 2007. Scratches and pits. It's all in the game!

I replied 'its a pickup - its supposed to get dirty'

Sorry, we're not talking about dirty cars.

Petch01

Isuzu warranty covers scratches? Wow.

Usually it's first class insurance and a police report or a claim form for the guilty party.

My honda civic was covered for paint damage such as scratches. I had several panels resprayed and the front bumper and side skirts replaced (dogs ate the latter), all under first class insurance.

If the scratches aren't too deep try some of Meguairs scratch-x (about 700 baht) (or something similar), that can get rid of light scratches and swirl marks in the clear coat. Scratches to the primer or deep into the paint will need a respray.

Isuzu warranty covers scratches? Wow.

Usually it's first class insurance and a police report or a claim form for the guilty party.

My honda civic was covered for paint damage such as scratches. I had several panels resprayed and the front bumper and side skirts replaced (dogs ate the latter), all under first class insurance.

If the scratches aren't too deep try some of Meguairs scratch-x (about 700 baht) (or something similar), that can get rid of light scratches and swirl marks in the clear coat. Scratches to the primer or deep into the paint will need a respray.

Yeah, first class insurance covers this type of things, not warranty, that's what is surprising about this case.

We've got the same truck about 9 months now and its got loads of scratches on it. I could get it done on warranty but we already had a smash so I won't bother until we get the renewal. In the next year we'll have another claim it apears as both front plastic bumbers are bashed / scratched / dented and will need to be replaced.

We've got the same truck about 9 months now and its got loads of scratches on it. I could get it done on warranty but we already had a smash so I won't bother until we get the renewal. In the next year we'll have another claim it apears as both front plastic bumbers are bashed / scratched / dented and will need to be replaced.

Renewal of what? Warranty or insurance?

If it's covered by warranty, like a faulty part, you just drive to the service center and get it fixed. If it's covered by insurance you need to contact them, fill out a claim form and then drive to a designated garage.

You talk like you don't realise the difference.

C'mon, a warranty is for a certain amount of time whereas insurance in annual. I think most people know that I am talking about the insurance renewal.

Warranties do not cover accidental damage, only things which go wrong which shouldn't go wrong.

C'mon, a warranty is for a certain amount of time whereas insurance in annual. I think most people know that I am talking about the insurance renewal.

Warranties do not cover accidental damage, only things which go wrong which shouldn't go wrong.

Hmm, if you read the OP, they do: "Had the truck (Cab4 3.0 VGS) a week now, went to the village in it and the left hand side has a scrape down it from branches and the drivers door has numerous scratch marks from the dog jumping up at it....went into Isuzu here in Sakon Nakhon and "No problem covered by warranty"."