Never Seen A Cx Like That Before

Why would anyone want to make a sleek car like the CX, look like a pick-up? Apart from anything else, the ride when the suspension is fully up is rock-hard; should only be used for wheel changing or wading through floods, etc. The guy's a complete <deleted>.

Why would anyone want to make a sleek car like the CX, look like a pick-up? Apart from anything else, the ride when the suspension is fully up is rock-hard; should only be used for wheel changing or wading through floods, etc. The guy's a complete <deleted>.

My feeling is that there is more than a suspension set on the highest position. Because, yes, the trip would be a nightmare. And when I could see it moving, I did not feel that the ride was that bad. It normally moves funny when suspension is high.

I found the idea interesting.

Being a Citroen man, and having owned around 30 different ones in my time, the pictures looks like the 'CX Croisette' which was a 4x4...

The CX came in so many differet types........ I never owned a CX, driven plenty but did not like them, the DS was so much better and have owned 5, the BX GTi and the BX 4x4 GTi were better to drive than the CX.

Looks like a pickup ?? No No looks nothing like the CX pickup

The CX also came in 4x4, 6 wheelers, Ambulances, Rescue and a number of concepts.... I lived in France late 70 to mid 80's

post-42643-1207210533_thumb.jpgpost-42643-1207210484_thumb.jpgpost-42643-1207210439_thumb.jpgpost-42643-1207210404_thumb.jpgpost-42643-1207210375_thumb.jpgpost-42643-1207210324_thumb.jpgpost-42643-1207210301_thumb.jpg

I saw something similar a while back and got the impression that it was CX panels mounted on a 4WD chassis...not of Citroen origin. The suspension certainly won't be pumped up to get the ride as said earlier that in high and jack position there is no movement to speak of.

like the 6wheelers -the EU used some to move documents from Brusselles to Strazborg, I believe.

there was also a wonder French chap who used to make 6 wheelers with AWD using hyrdolic motors on each wheel!

Edited by wilko

but I don't share too much your love for the BX....;-)

Me neither. A few moons ago in another life I traded my AX GT for a BX 8V GTi which didn't impress me much, so i traded again to a BX 16V GTi. Pretty ordinary cars were the BXs, at least by Citroen standards.

By way of a change i got rid of the BX and got a strawberry and cream Deux Chavaux. Now that was a car!

Yes for a few years it all went wrong with Citroens, the choose was then AX, BX or CX........ therefore the only choose for me was the BX 1st the 8V then 2 yrs later the 16V..... but then what ?? Saxo, ZX, XANTIA, XM.... I went for the Citroen ZX 2.0 16V it was fast but only so so, at the time had found another DS 23 EFi in Portugal, needing doing up, but drivable, found a good rear door and a perfect boot lid in Portugal then I drove it back to UK and did it up, drove it on and off for a year untill I sold it at a hugh profit.

back to another new car, Citroen had gone downhill even more, so ended up buying the Saxo VTR, after 2 year bought another VTR, sold it when I came here... Cirtoens are silly money here, so have a Honda Jazz Sport is very fine, just back today from Honda and the 30,000km service........ I'm sure if I was still living in the UK I would have the C4....... Now a day Citroen all look fine from the C1, C2, C4, C5, C6

Now a day Citroen all look fine from the C1, C2, C4, C5, C6

Yes, they've found the magic again. The C6 is an especially good car, and it pains me to think that before too long they'll be selling them on used car sales forecourts in the UK for peanuts, but living here they'll always be out of reach, for me anyway.

I'm sometimes half tempted to look into picking up an old XM here, as you see a few about, but soon come to my senses when i think about the maintenance and general up-keep that would be a nightmare... oh well... sometimes one has to face facts and just do what everyone else does and get a boring Japanese car.

It looks great to me and i don't think they use any Citroen parts in it anymore in this car. Just the body, it looks great, but i prefer it "FLAT BLACK" like a "Soul Taker" and heavy steel bumbers, that would be nice. It looks much better than all the new boring plastic cars wich crack easly in the smallest accident. I had a 66 Falcon in the same style and i allways miss that car. It was the best i ever had. Can go everywhere and park it everywhere without worries.