Reporting Someone For Working Illegally

It's the law of the land and sure be obeyed, report it. :D:o

Why not report other law violators as well then? Not accusing you of anything but I would find it hard to believe that all of your DVDs & software are legal. It's a glass house thing or the more biblical first stone.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! Quite a response... 8 )

I'm only thinking of turning this person in because they have crossed me.

I have helped this person out no end and found out that they have been bad mouthing me behind my back.

This is only a thought I have had and this is why I have asked for people's opinions on the subject.

Obviously I am having second thoughts about doing it or I would have already done it.

This person has really taken the p*ss and it would be a good way of getting rid of them.

I guess I should turn the other cheek and just look after myself.

Tam Dee Dai Dee, Tam Chor Dai Chor or something like that...........

Well you have certainly got a good response... excellent !! Do what you have to do but remember that the strength of the Nazi party required informants.

I have to say that even though I do not like the people who have been identified as being low life scum on this thread I wouldn't swop places and try to scratch a living the way they do under any circumstances. Therefore I will live and let live unless they personally affect me or my living here. INMHO I wouldn't use such info just to get to people who have crossed me... :o

Should I, shouldn't I?...

I work here legally, I pay my social security, I pay my taxes. I paid for setting my company up so I can work and stay here legally.

Why should people get away with working here illegally?...

What would happen to them?... I guess I'm concerned that reporting someone could ruin their life, if they're shipped off back to their own country and not allowed to return to Thailand.

Any thoughts welcome!

You have a case of the western illusion that government rules are somehow fair and just. You pay taxes etc because you do not want to take the risk not to. He is taking a bigger risk than you so his cost must be less, i.e no tax.

BTW, how long you been in Thailand??? Can you imagine a Thai ratting out another Thai to a farang boss?

koheesti - that is awesome!.... I do have some Thai friends who would do this!

Borrow / rent some type of uniform, a fake id, a video camera... that would be such a setup!

NOW who's breaking the law, MusicFreak? :D Just cause he's said something behind back, must be your bad karma, I don't judge. It's up to you, but I'd let it go, will show that you're a man, with nothing to hide. If you follow some of this "advice" here, you'll never be happy, trust me, you're NOT a Thai from the 80's!

Up to you, but all is here for ppl to read, and finding out who you really are, isn't hard, it's a small Island, the drums tell there story!

Grow up man! :o

Edited by SamuiJens

go for it, laws are laws, is somebody who snitchers on a murder a low life creep etc etc . if this person were working illegally in the uk i would happily shop them. reporting a crime is not a bad thing, i am suprised so many people want to live in a lawless society,

Edited by NALAK

go for it, laws are laws, is somebody who snitchers on a murder a low life creep etc etc . if this person were working illegally in the uk i would happily shop them. reporting a crime is not a bad thing, i am suprised so many people want to live in a lawless society,

When you make ridiculous comparisons like that you lose the argument. Maybe we should all be unpaid traffic wardens as well and take our own wheel clamps with us to clamp cars we see illegally parked. After all, if we don't then ITS EXACTLY THE SAME AS LETTING A MURDERER GO FREE!!!!

Just like that record company executive who stated that downloading pirated songs was exactly the same as supporting the terrorists. He got laughed out of the park and rightfully so.

If you want to make a comparison it has to be a reasonable one or people will dismiss your entire argument as lacking reason

You're equating working without papers to murder? That's insane.

Wow! Quite a response... 8 )

I'm only thinking of turning this person in because they have crossed me.

I have helped this person out no end and found out that they have been bad mouthing me behind my back.

And how do you know he bad mouthed you, because someone else said so? I'd be finding out the truth first before you make a decision that could be very damaging.

My advice is you grow a set of balls and go and ask him about it. Boys have to grow into men at some time. :o

ah so it is only certain laws we have to respect, lets down grade it to drug dealers then. the comments all said anybody turning a law breaker into the police is a creep low life etc. just trying to find a level at what most posts seem to think is acceptable law breaking. so what about all the guys who pay lawyers go to penang etc.

guess i am one of the mugs who has all correct papers including drivers licence, why because its the law. without the help of the general public no police force would exist, to call somebody who aids the police all the names above is school playground mentaltiy. Grow Up

ah so it is only certain laws we have to respect, lets down grade it to drug dealers then. the comments all said anybody turning a law breaker into the police is a creep low life etc. just trying to find a level at what most posts seem to think is acceptable law breaking. so what about all the guys who pay lawyers go to penang etc.

guess i am one of the mugs who has all correct papers including drivers licence, why because its the law. without the help of the general public no police force would exist, to call somebody who aids the police all the names above is school playground mentaltiy. Grow Up

Have you never committed a crime? No illegal software, counterfeit clothes?

Have you never committed a crime? No illegal software, counterfeit clothes?

I'm betting he once illegally parked. That makes him a drug dealing rapist murderer. I'm picking up the phone now to call Interpol to have this menace to society put away to protect us all. Hanging's too good for him I say

Why not stop the cycle of Karma and let it go. Don't give it any more energy.

If you can substantiate that he did what you say, then give him a wide berth and have nothing more to do with him.

May all people be free from suffering and the causes of suffering!

Hari Om Tat Sat.

I've got high friends in places too. :o

Are they high when they are at work or only after getting home?

Neither, it was a tongue in cheek... but thanks for noticing. :D

I wonder how many of the folks on this thread would let someone slide in their home country if they took work from their fellow countrymen.

And yes, this thread is getting a bit silly... in typical Thai Visa fashion :D

looking at the amount of viewers and responses to this post, it is very clear that this topic has generated a lot of interest mainly derived from the fact that we are all at some point illegal!!! and none of us wish to be addressed by the law. we all share a common fear of having to deal with the law..

We live, no matter in which country, in a world governed by rules and laws and it seems all of us at some point of time do something illegal.

it may be working with out a permit or staying with out a valid visa or driving with out a helmet or forgetting to pay the taxes. if we were to go around snitching about each person the jails are going to be overbooked.

to the OP and all those posters that feel that they are in the clear because they have a WP please consider that setting up a bogus Thai company using nominees is also illegal and as such the WP is illegal. be also advised that any action you take that is not listed in your work permit is also a violation of the law.

The police are more then aware that many reports are made by those seeking retribution or just plain vengence so they tend to check out the reporting party as well. When you report about someone you are exposing your self to an examination as well. and if they examine they may as in many cases find some wrong conduct on your part as well.

The best thing as someone has posted is mind your own business and stay out of trouble.

Put yourself in a Thai persons shoes if they werein a foreign country and they knew one of their country folk were working/living illegally. They would never sell out one of their own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(unless the money was right)

OK - Thanks for all the help.

I went to immigration today and reported this person. It only took a few minutes.

The immigration staff were extremely happy and thanked me for my help.

They told me this was a serious crime and wouldn't go unpunished.

I went home feeling a happy man!

The illegal burmese worker that was been undercutting me by a few baht will be on their way home shortly....

The rose seller down Chaweng is next....

I am of course joking and thanks for all the replies.

I am NOT going to report this person, I am just going to get on with my own life and rise above it and forget it all.

I do believe in Karma.

The best thing as someone has posted is mind your own business and stay out of trouble.

The most sensible post so far. Don't always agree with highdiver, but he's got it spot on this time. :o