How Much Does A Macbook Cost In Bkk?

SurgeryAddict

Emporium today was selling the old model black Macbook for 39,900 which seemed pretty good.

I bought a 2.2gh Macbook Pro today for 60,900. Gorgeous sexy machine.

That sounds like a quite a decent price. Where did you get that from? Emporium? Did you get any upgrades on memory or a bigger hard drive with that price?

MacBook (and other Apple product) prices are more or less fixed in Thailand. The one exception that I found was at the Apple Store at La Villa shopping mall (adjacent to Ari BTS) who were offering the base MacBook for 39,900 less a 1.5% discount for cash (as opposed to credit cards), and then a 10% discount on cases made with the purchase.

If you are planning a trip out, Suvarnabhumi duty free sells Macs at a much better price.

Edited by bubba

• 1 year later...

Just saw this old thread from 2008. Any up-date on 2010? Prices in BKK seem to be fixed throughout all stores.

MacbookPro 13.3" 2.26 GHz 46,900

MacbookPro 15.4" 2.53 GHz 64,900

Better to buy in Singapore or Hong Kong? Will the shops in BKK fix a Mac bought abroad?

Thanks for your input!

• 1 month later...

I just bought my macbook online http://www.apple.com/th ( thai ) and they shipped it for free from china to my home on a remote Thai island.

same price as the US site. Highly recomend the customer service. called toll free and talked to folks in singapore. they were also flexible with payments (used a credit card and SCB transfer) good luck! PS apple care is accepted everywhere.

Edited by hellohello

I just bought my macbook online http://www.apple.com/th ( thai ) and they shipped it for free from china to my home on a remote Thai island.

same price as the US site. Highly recomend the customer service. called toll free and talked to folks in singapore. they were also flexible with payments (used a credit card and SCB transfer) good luck! PS apple care is accepted everywhere.

Education discount also available from store.apple.com/th but of ourselves u need to be a student to order at those prices. Ahem

• 7 months later...

Just saw this old thread from 2008. Any up-date on 2010? Prices in BKK seem to be fixed throughout all stores.

Better to buy in Singapore or Hong Kong? Will the shops in BKK fix a Mac bought abroad?

Thanks for your input!

No they will tell you if you bought it out of country you have to take it to that countries store. At least with the iphones. I have had them help me with issues with my macbook but never a broken one just me not understanding how to do something. Always very helpful. Oh wait I did have a new keypad put in my old macbook pro and they sent it to singapore to have it replaced. Did not charge me for the keypad but it was 2000 baht to have it put in. Hope that helps.

Apple's going to updated the Macbook pro line with intel's new sandy bridge processors in a few months anyway prices for the new line will probably be similar to what's out there now accept specs are going to be even faster and with a better battery life.

Currently most online stores in Thailand are selling Macbook Pros brand new with a 1 year apple warranty for the following:

13" 2.4GHz Core2Duo 40,000Bht

15" 2.4GHz i5 60,000Bht

15" 2.66GHz i7 69,000Bht

Cheers

Thanks for your input!

No they will tell you if you bought it out of country you have to take it to that countries store. At least with the iphones. I have had them help me with issues with my macbook but never a broken one just me not understanding how to do something. Always very helpful. Oh wait I did have a new keypad put in my old macbook pro and they sent it to singapore to have it replaced. Did not charge me for the keypad but it was 2000 baht to have it put in. Hope that helps.