Semi-retirement

we've had a house in Koh Samui for nearly 4 years now and hopefully it is our intention when we retire, to spend 6 months in samui and 6 months in the UK . What difficulties can we expect to meet with regard to visas . Will we have to do the visa run every month , or do we have alternatives .

When i recently visited thailand for 6 months i did so on a 1 year multi entry visa which i obtained from the thai consul in hull for about £100 this allows you to stay for up to 90 days, so basically to stay for 6 months you have to do 1 border run.

This was very easy to obtain.

Depending on your circumstances you could maybe apply for a retirement visa, but i know nothing about this

When i recently visited thailand for 6 months i did so on a 1 year multi entry visa which i obtained from the thai consul in hull for about £100 this allows you to stay for up to 90 days, so basically to stay for 6 months you have to do 1 border run.

Depending on your circumstances you could maybe apply for a retirement visa, but i know nothing about this

What purpose did you state on you visa application?

we've had a house in Koh Samui for nearly 4 years now and hopefully it is our intention when we retire, to spend 6 months in samui and 6 months in the UK . What difficulties can we expect to meet with regard to visas . Will we have to do the visa run every month , or do we have alternatives .

Retirement visa would be the obvious choice ... I assume you will be over 50. Or an O as stated above.

Another option would be a double entry tourist visa from UK each year, but that would

be somewhat less flexible regarding travel dates.

Regardless of which you choose 6+6 should not be a problem.

Naka.

Edited by naka

What purpose did you state on you visa application?

The purpose i put on the application was visiting friends, i was not questioned on this and did not need any proof