Online Pc Gaming. Any Experience

Richb2004v2

I recently bought a new laptop. It is fairly powerful with a decent graphics card. I like gaming but have never played online. I have a Tot broadband connection and would like to give the online gaming a try. I am normally a console player and love the WWII shooters, and for that reason was thinking of trying Call of Duty 2. Although my new laptop is good it’s probably not good enough for COD4. As well as this I like the idea of World of War Craft. What do I need to play these games? I understand that I need original copy’s of the games. Can I get these in Bangkok? I am thinking that there is a good games store in MBK that might sell them. A monthly payment is needed to play WOW. Have any of you played this game and is it worth it? Otherwise what other online games are you playing and can you recommend?

If you Iike shoot-em-ups you may not Iike what i recommed..but anyway..I recommend:

Perfect WorId, free onIine mmorpg. SimiIar to WoW gamepIay/controIs (PersonaIIy I think its a bit of a mix between Iineage and WoW). Its stiII in its test phase and thus free. You can buy rare items etc the easy way with cubi-goId (reaI money) if you so desire, or just save up within the game. http://www.perfectworld.com.my/

WoW is an amazing game..but I pIayed it for a Iong time so nothing much new to experience. However, its a Iot of fun and you rareIy get bored with the amount of quests given. You can pIay officiaI WoW or hunt for a private server (which often have boosted xp rates and/or items..aIthough not sure if im ok to mention that here).

Anyway..i suggest giving perfect worId a shot as its IegaI and free..and simiIar to WoW..so you can get a feeI for onIine gaming. Btw. you can downIoad most mmorpgs from their websites and buy monthIy credit onIine.

You can purchase many games online through STEAM. Not only that, but once you create an account, when you buy a new machine and log into your STEAM account, it will download the games again.

Currently STEAM offers 263 different games, from a variety of Publishers. Also, there are many times when you can bundle deals, saving a bit of money.

There's to much lag trying to play on Europe or USA servers for FPS games. So stick with the local popular games where there are plenty of servers - Battlefield 2, Call of Duty 2 & 4.

You can purchase many games online through STEAM. Not only that, but once you create an account, when you buy a new machine and log into your STEAM account, it will download the games again.

Currently STEAM offers 263 different games, from a variety of Publishers. Also, there are many times when you can bundle deals, saving a bit of money.

That’s a great site. The prices seem very reasonable, and so convenient. I think that I will download Call of Duty 2 this evening.

• 1 month later...

I was playing World of Warcraft for several months starting in June of 2007 and had like 700ms latency which was ok for PvE. As the months progressed the latency got worse - unplayable. So as previous folks have said, look for a game with a server based in Asia/ Oceania. WoW servers are in the USA and Europe.

I hope it is true that Warhammer will have a server in Asia.

WOW does have some Oceania servers, I play on one. You'll find alot of aussies and kiwis on there and due to the speed I find it's best to play between 2am-7am, not so good if you have a day job !!

WOW does have some Oceania servers, I play on one. You'll find alot of aussies and kiwis on there and due to the speed I find it's best to play between 2am-7am, not so good if you have a day job !!

Hey I was playing on nagrand and aman'thul/ oceania and still had very bad lag. I thought the Oceania servers were actually still based in the USA but I could be wrong. The server downtime always happened US pacific time (US west coast).