Another "what Kind Of Snake Is This?" Thread

One of the workers was mulching some lawn clippings today and he said this snake jumped and struck him in the face. The guys is about 170cm tall. I see snakes quite often but they have never been aggresive. They just tend to mosey on their way. So, any idea what kind of snake this is and is it venomous?

thanks and rgds

2396245039_f4149fe74e_m.jpg. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2396263761_06f0e41360_m.jpg

This is a juvenile Chequered Keelback (Xenochrophis piscator) . . . . . . . . . This is a crop of your photo

note the identical head pattern... :o

Don't worry, It's a non venomous common snake that is noted for it's agressive tendancies if agitated or threatened

note the identical head pattern... :o

Don't worry, It's a non venomous common snake that is noted for it's agressive tendancies if agitated or threatened

Thanks for the snake ID and photo comparisons. After seeing Burman's reply I did some reading and the Keelback sounds very aggressive. We have fish ponds on the property and they love to eat toads, frogs, and fish so I'm sure we'll be seeing more in the future.

Again, thanks for your help.

Oh yeh, the worker was wearing one of those "ninja" wrapped t-shirts around his head so there were no puncture wounds and he didn't have to go home with a headache!

rgds