Non-alcoholic Beer On The Islands?

Guess the answer to that, Ella, is no, then.

Have you tried the guy in Koh Samui, sorry I can't remember his shop's name, but he is the supplier for Erdinger and Weinstephan --he has a big kitchen store (ie he fits kitchens) on the main ring road past Immigration. He might have non-alcoholic beer.

Have you tried the guy in Koh Samui, sorry I can't remember his shop's name, but he is the supplier for Erdinger and Weinstephan --he has a big kitchen store (ie he fits kitchens) on the main ring road past Immigration. He might have non-alcoholic beer.

It's Up Date Co. Mr.Ruediger and Mr. Charly Lipa Noi near the Shell Station left hand side... 0818934935.. I think they don't store it... in case, they might know..!

Edited by Samuian

Thanks for all the help!

From others sources I learned that Colibri Food on Chaweng might have some, plus I got some input on Phuket and Bangkok based suppliers (Farang Food and Vanitchwatana). Will contact them this week...

PS: Why am I not surprised at your post Susquosh? :o

• 4 weeks later...

I quit drinking alcohol in all forms 11 years ago when I was 42. I had been drinking heavily since I was in my late teens but finally came to grips with the fact that I either had to quit it completly or die. That having been said, I still love the taste of beer and so non alcohol beer is my only alternative. When back in my home country I drink it all the time. Unfortunately, it has been extremely difficult for me to find in Thailand. This is particularly disappointing as beer goes so well with thai food. In recent years the non-alcohol beers have gotten much better than they used to be, especially the German products. I have found Clausthaler at Bei Otto's in Bangkok but that's about the only place that I have been to in Thailand where the staff has any idea of what I'm talking about when I ask for a non alcoholic brew. I have pretty much given up on even asking outside of the more expensive restaurants because I have grown weary of the puzzled looks and insulting questions I get when I do elsewhere. Good luck in trying to find it in Samui. If you or anyone knows where I can buy it in any quantity other than individual bottles please PM me and let me know where. I would greatly appreciate it.

I bought clausthaler 5 years ago in a supermarket in Tong Sala but never have seen it since. I asked Big A but he said he would not sell enough so... who would like to have clausthaler on KP may be we can share an order?