Cpu For Internet Cafe

liberiosyah

Dear All,

Its been a wonderful getting to interact with everyone inthis forum,I am setting up an internet cafe somewhere in MimBuri ..i am using the TRUE 512kbps conection...

My Cafe should have about 17 Unit alltogether running from LAN..

As you know in Bangkok theres alot of Computer shop are expert in ripping up Farang or other foreighner then i need all you guys out ther to help me determind which kind of motherboard are compatible with each other such as...Case,Ram,Harddisk..My Internet cafe is for Surfing the net and also plaing online games like ...Ragnarok,toks clubs,

Well i would like to gety a

celeron,

memory: 256mb

Harddisk: 40gb

52x Cd rom

floppy disk

keaboard and mouse

Monitor

normal sound and VGA

I am thinking of getting a custom made PC from PAntip or IT MALL so i need to know which is a compatible motherboard....

And well my budget is about 10kbaht per pc including 15inch monitor

Please help me...

The important thing is "games". Many of the new online games are 3D, and will run much better with a decent graphics card. I've played RO and other 3D games on a "normal" graphics card and on a "decent" card, the difference is very noticeable. And as games get more advanced, you will find that you'll lose customers because your computers can't play those games.

Another thing that would help a lot with the new games is ram. Even with only pure WindowsXP, you would get a much better experience with 512MB each.

Yet another is the monitor. Your customers won't be happy with 15" monitors when pretty much all other shops have 17". The price difference is pretty small, around 1000 baht.

Since you have a lan, you don't need to install cd-roms on all computers. You can share installation files from one computer. You also don't need floppy disk drives.

I don't think that 10k baht/computer will get you much at all, that's pretty much the absolute minimum spec ICT price. I say get fewer computers but better spec, if your budget is already set. (10kx17=170k budget?)

Hmm, what I have in mind would cost around 20k/computer, but would be able to do pretty much everything decently. You could compromise by getting some minimum spec computer for pure net browsing, and some good spec computers, for online gaming. Maybe 2 for browsing, 8 for gaming, since the major business of cafes is games.

One small suggestion - make sure the keyboards and mice you get are ok, ie. actually usable. They cost hardly anything anyway but don't totally skimp on quality. I've been to a few places where the keyboards were so crap that typing a simple email was a real chore.

(and internet cafes that actually have decent coffee rock :o

I gotta agree on keyboards and mice. Remember the old IBM keyboards? The ones with really huge keys and totally tactile feel? Those were the kings of keyboards. Too bad they don't make them anymore.

Mice are also pretty important. Other than the keyboard, they are going to be the main thing you're in touch with, your connection to the computer. I haven't had many good experiences with cheap mice... they either track my movements very erratically or break after a few months of use. Microsoft, although they may be hated, make great mice (well, most of the time). My 10-year old MS ball mouse is still going strong. I've just changed to a MS wireless mouse, and it's a pleasure to use. A good alternative is Logitech, who also make comparable (and sometimes superior) mice. There is an OEM Logitech optical mouse for 550 baht, sold at many stores, and should be a good choice. Buy anything cheaper, and you might have to replace it within the year.