The Way Thai People Look At You

YoungFarang13

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who gives a toss, many girls look at me, im a young good looking man in my 20's, everytime I go to Thailand the woman stare at me like im the most delicious peice of meat, actually it also happends here in Sydney. I believe im the reason why guys have turned gay (im not gay BTW)

227633168_a7b06aae8e.jpg

Edited by YoungFarang13

Talking of staring:

"Where did I go wrong?..."

post-35489-1208450493_thumb.jpg

Love it, He is thinking dam_n why am I stuck with this oldy and he is with her

Well maybe if he wasn't wearing a mankini that is tightly hugging his unit, he would have better luck.

...based upon their swim attire, why do I think they are Russian/Eastern Europeans?

Staring is a very powerful indicator of the level of sophistication to which a society has elevated itself. Staring is inversely proportional to civilisation. The biggest starers in the world are the French and the Chinese. The biggest non-staring country is Japan.

I rest my case.

:-)

Oh yes the Japanese are truly the benchmark of a civilized society.

Suggest before resting your case you research Japanese history this century, perhaps this is asking too much as Mum will need her computer back soon.

LOL

Yes Its' true, even without doing any google searches on "my mothers computer" I can confirm there have been elements of barbarism displayed by Japan over the last hundred years or so. But what I mean, is on visiting the wonderful country I cannot think of a people who are more polite, civilised and welcoming to foreigners. Its a far cry from the Thai savages who stand there gawping, pointing and saying "farang" or the Frenchies who look at foreigners like they are from another planet...and don't get me started on the Chinese...

"YOU GAIJIN!"

I have found the Japanese in general to be very rude. You will often hear them say "GIAJIN". The use of the word Gaijin is very insulting. It means strange foreigner. I hear it often in the air port in Japan and Thailand.

Edited by philliphn

Just go up to staring people, smile, grab their hand and shake it vigourously and say really loudly 'Howdy partener, name of Johnson, Lee Archibald Johnson Jr. 3rd, mighty pleased to meet'cha. What's yer good name?' (use whatever dialect you like but make sure it is fast, broad and as impenetrable as possible, talk a lot without really giving them the chance to answer).

You will intimidate the best of them. :o

:D

I love it when you get the real starers, the ones that dont take their eyes off you when they are walking down the street, I'll start twitching my head nervously to keep their attention hoping they'll walk into a post or trip over the kerb, weve had some great laughs when they do :D

maybe i am just paranoid but i feel like a sideshow when i am in thailand and walking around with a Thai girl.

Check this out, if your Thai girl is:

Deeah Deeah,

Dum Dum

Mai Suay,

Bark Yai...............

then the chances are your with a Thai girl most Thai people think is quite ugly. Most Thai's can't understand why your getting around with a chick from Nakorn Nowhere who looks out of place in places you are taking her! Now, I'm not saying she does not have a right to go with you anywhere, but does she REALLY feel comfortable in places you are going! The class system here is a little more supple than in some countries, but it runs deep. My guess is your not able to blend because it's real obvious!

Try dating on office girl who wants a real relationship, or whom knows how to dress your equivalent.

Same experience as tsocr, once the newness wore off I am accepted, if I am looked at I always give a big beaming smile and 99% of the time it is returned.

Having been here some years I am quite well known, it is not uncommon for me to be shopping alone and my Thai husband get 1 or 2 phone calls to say I have been seen in such and such a shop alone and would he like for them to keep an eye on me or see me home( for safety reasons ). Sometimes they will appoint themselves as minders and trail around with me until I finally get into my car to drive home., and then ring my husband to say I am ok and on my way home.

Don't worry about the looks, just give a smile.

Nothing better than sitting at the corner store/noddle stall, enjoying a cold beer, when a baht bus full of factory girls on their way home slow down to take the corner. Without fail they they turn to look, I flash them a nice smile & the whole back of the bus lights up like a Christmas tree - twenty something Thai lovelies smiling at me certainly makes my day & in return I have provided them with some entertainment at the end of a long working day.

I have found in this country if you smile you will have a lot better time. Walk down the street with the expression of a busted a*rsehole on your face & like people have stated in other topics you will probably feel that the Thais are less than welcoming.

If you find people staring at you, whether they are young, old, hornbag or ugly old crone, give them a smile & 90% of the time they will smile back.

The smaller the mind, the less it is used to. Wanna live your life according to the dictates of small minds?

All it needs is a bit of common-sense. Just smile, nod your head in their direction and get on with whatever it is you're doing. Works for me all the time. :o

Nothing better than sitting at the corner store/noddle stall, enjoying a cold beer, when a baht bus full of factory girls on their way home slow down to take the corner. Without fail they they turn to look, I flash them a nice smile & the whole back of the bus lights up like a Christmas tree - twenty something Thai lovelies smiling at me certainly makes my day & in return I have provided them with some entertainment at the end of a long working day.

I have found in this country if you smile you will have a lot better time. Walk down the street with the expression of a busted a*rsehole on your face & like people have stated in other topics you will probably feel that the Thais are less than welcoming.

If you find people staring at you, whether they are young, old, hornbag or ugly old crone, give them a smile & 90% of the time they will smile back.

great post ... I've never wondered about the starring, no idea if there's a lot of starring or not ... I'm too busy enjoying the attention and the lovelyness of recieving smiles from so many people all day long ... best things are still for free ...

I dare to conclude that I love the staring :o

Good post Loosecannon. Certainly makes that bottle of beer taste a touch sweeter.

Too bad the people that should pay attention to your advice won't.

Too bad the people that should pay attention to your advice won't.

Exactly what I do. Smile and enjoy.

I'm a master of reading body language .. especially looks. When they look at me, they Thai guys are basically saying, "That farang dude is so damned hot I need to hide my girl friend!"

And the ladies are screaming inside, "I want to have your babies .. and quickly!!"

I'm a master of reading body language .. especially looks. When they look at me, they Thai guys are basically saying, "That farang dude is so damned hot I need to hide my girl friend!"

And the ladies are screaming inside, "I want to have your babies .. and quickly!!"

Nooo. The Thai guys are thinking, 'who does that pasty tosser think he is?', and the 'ladies' are 'screaming inside', 'How long will it take me to part that pasty 'orlor dtua eng ' farang from his money':o <deleted>.

Edited by tamsin

Nooo. The Thai guys are thinking, 'who does that pasty tosser think he is?', and the 'ladies' are 'screaming inside', 'How long will it take me to part that pasty 'orlor dtua eng ' farang from his money':o <deleted>.

Apparently, picking up on humor is not your strong suit.

<deleted> .. is that a sig?