Thai Special Forces

IamMaiC

I live in the states and the special forces of our military have many units:

1. U. S Army Special Forces Aka Green Berets.

2. U. S. Army Rangers

3. U. S. Army Delta Force (said to not exist) :o

4. U. S. Navy Seals

5. U. S Air Force Pararescue

6. U. S. Marine Force Recon

Well those are the ones i know I was just wondering if the Thai Armed Forces have a small number or a Large Number of Units??

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Rod Know of any websites with pictures?? any books on thai special forces? I was watching "survivor" US TV show that was in thailand a 2002 i think it was on showed two that special forces assisting the "contestents" how to live off the land The host of the show said they were "Red Berets" Thai special forces.

Please read

Why?

If someone is in the SAS or Special Forces they are not going to tell you.

If some one does they are purely bullshi***ing you.

The bars in Pattaya are full of guys who, if you believe what they tell you where, Special Ops.

Dreamers to a man.

So why ask.????????????????????????

Sorry ! Was i too cryptic? If you counted up every "To**er" that claimed to be in or ex it would work out to be the largest contingent of troops anywhere! As previously stated those that were generally let other people do the talking and if we are talking quality how about the SBS?

Sorry ! Was i too cryptic? If you counted up every "To**er" that claimed to be in or ex it would work out to be the largest contingent of troops anywhere! As previously stated those that were generally let other people do the talking and if we are talking quality how about the SBS?

Except for the Pussy Patrol; they're a much bigger contingent. They do a lot of recon in places like Soi Cowboy, Nana etc. Used to be a member myself until I fell in a love-trap.

Please read

Why?

If someone is in the SAS or Special Forces they are not going to tell you.

If some one does they are purely bullshi***ing you.

The bars in Pattaya are full of guys who, if you believe what they tell you where, Special Ops.

Dreamers to a man.

So why ask.????????????????????????

This post is right on. I had the privilege to be assigned to HHC 1st Special Forces Group (Airborne)on Okinawa. That me make this perfectly clear I was not a SF qualified member of the unit. I was in their HHC unit and supported the teams.

I have worked with many of these professional soldiers and one thing I can tell you for certain is they would never tell you they were in SF. Especially in a bar.

If any puke in a bar spews that he was an SF soldier consider it utter bullsh1t and deserves a good Arse whoopin. I have alot of friends that are on teams(15 years ago I keep forgetting how long I have been out) and one thing they hate is a want-a-be pretender. There is a web site out there for puttting these sad fcks on. It is call the wall of shame.

PKG

If anybody on this form served in 1st Group from 85-87 pm me . I like to meet up for a few beers on next trip to LOS.

Absolutely bad ass-ness! I wanna fall outta planes! :o

Hey, what about the Gurkhas? Aren't they supposed to be tough little monkeys too huh? Born into it.

I met up with some of them while going thru a survival school in malayasia. They were at the brits camp. I was highly impressed with them. I think they could run up a hill faster than I could run down it. They were short but had very thick legs.

The brits I was drinking with told me that they had trouble get them to use their rifles, they said they would rather use their (forgive the spelling) cookeries. Basically like a machette. They seemed very well disciplined.

side effects of being one of two yanks at the brits camp. One heck of a hangover.

I learned a valuable lesson that night not to try and keep pace with them on the beers. :D

The brits I was drinking with told me that they had trouble get them to use their rifles, they said they would rather use their (forgive the spelling) cookeries. Basically like a machette.

That logic is amazing. Sure, a machette beats a sniper rifle and night vision any day. :o