What Are The Chiangmai Police Doing?

Lookoutman

Stocker in ChiangMai

Want to let people know if you have trouble with the man pictured in attachment the police will probably do nothing.We must contact the police just as well.In hopes if enough people do contact them they will do some thing?

Had an incident with the police and this person a few nights ago.Hes been stocking and has attacked two women that we know of so far.Police asked him for papers and his name.The man said he had no papers,he was from Cambodia and did not give his name.Then proceeded to change the story around that he was being followed and attack.

Certainly a case here but it seems the police have no interest in this area of helping people.Before some one ends up dead.Please if you are followed by this man or know any one that has been to report it to the police. Maybe if they get enough rerports they will get the hint and do some thing about this man.I believe it is against the law to come from another country without papers and stay in Thialand.They certainly charge Westerns enough for over stay.500bht a day.This man is walking free stocking women and appears to think he is allowed to do so.Even attacking them seems to be lawful.Because the police did nothing and let him go free.

Be careful,be present,carry pepper spray just incase.Please help if you can!!!!!!post-60687-1207986793_thumb.jpg

Stocker in ChiangMai

Want to let people know if you have trouble with the man pictured in attachment the police will probably do nothing.We must contact the police just as well.In hopes if enough people do contact them they will do some thing?

Had an incident with the police and this person a few nights ago.Hes been stocking and has attacked two women that we know of so far.Police asked him for papers and his name.The man said he had no papers,he was from Cambodia and did not give his name.Then proceeded to change the story around that he was being followed and attack.

Certainly a case here but it seems the police have no interest in this area of helping people.Before some one ends up dead.Please if you are followed by this man or know any one that has been to report it to the police. Maybe if they get enough rerports they will get the hint and do some thing about this man.I believe it is against the law to come from another country without papers and stay in Thialand.They certainly charge Westerns enough for over stay.500bht a day.This man is walking free stocking women and appears to think he is allowed to do so.Even attacking them seems to be lawful.Because the police did nothing and let him go free.

Be careful,be present,carry pepper spray just incase.Please help if you can!!!!!!post-60687-1207986793_thumb.jpg

It often does take many people working together to get things done here, even if they should be done because of the laws or basic morality. There are very few things as frightening as a stalker, and to have no action taken when complaints are filed is frustrating.

Unfortunately we've seen time and again various laws NOT being enforced while others that appear to be more lucrative get carried to the extreme. Maybe if everyone who has had problems with this person files a complaint, action will be taken. Try filing with Immigration if the city police don't take action. While not ideal, at least this will get him out of the city for a while. If he bothers one woman the odds are he is bothering several. Don't let it continue.

A good friend of mine - a girl from America - was relating a tale of a guy -Asian, so CM Forum members, hold back on the jokes, if you can! - who was following her from a distance and acting suspicious, leering like. He also had a shopping cart or something that he was hauling along with himself. As the guy slinked off into the distance behind some bushes she could hardly see him anymore as she sat eating with friends. He later popped out with his equipment in hand and waving it at the girls. They screamed and took off.

She then told me of another incident that has to be the same guy, though she's not sure, in the same general area up by the Sri Phum corner of the moat, when she heard another commotion. She went over and found an upset girl and her friend who'd been groped on the run by some grubby looking street dude. They were alright though shaken a bit. This was back by Blue Diamond and other veggie/hippie/ Indian restaurants both times to the best of my knowledge.

I wouldn't come out n criticize the police right away, but hopefully they'll get him and then find a way of dealing with him. I don't suppose it will be a pretty picture. How did you get the picture, and where did you see him ? Tell us more.

Stocker in ChiangMai

It seems that the police DID stop this man and speak to him. He refused to give his name, (according to the OP ) had no papers, but admitted that he was from Cambodia. The police let him go. I wonder why?

Edited by FolkGuitar