Verifying A Longterm Relationship

OK, I am not wanting to apply for a visa for a lady that I meet some time ago, rather just thinking ahead as I have just returned from LOS after meeting a very nice lady, I was wondering what I can do now to document our relationship should we ever need evidence of our relationship in the future?

Her English is poor but she is keen to learn, she has no translation of her name in English type script, I do not know even if I get the correct pronunciation of her nick name right (Dre'an) let alone know I spell it correct, I know her age but not her birthday, we text each other but we both use pay as u go mobile phones, I do call her from the house phone so her number would be itemized but I would not expect her to call me.

Really the only thing I have is a number of photos of us together, is there a way to get say prints of these photos dated and witnessed as to be acceptable as valid prof in the future?

I have had many relationships with ladies from Thailand but most have ended when the start asking me to send money, for some reason I honestly believe Dre'an to be different.

BB

As for as I am aware the things they are looking for is evidence of a relationship so prof of meeting is needed so the photos you have and then continued phone records will demonstrate this also MSN history can be included and if you have the opportunity to send any letters or other posted correspondence that you in turn you can tell her to keep once sent would also add bulk to this.

Bread

OK, I am not wanting to apply for a visa for a lady that I meet some time ago, rather just thinking ahead as I have just returned from LOS after meeting a very nice lady, I was wondering what I can do now to document our relationship should we ever need evidence of our relationship in the future?

Her English is poor but she is keen to learn, she has no translation of her name in English type script, I do not know even if I get the correct pronunciation of her nick name right (Dre'an) let alone know I spell it correct, I know her age but not her birthday, we text each other but we both use pay as u go mobile phones, I do call her from the house phone so her number would be itemized but I would not expect her to call me.

Really the only thing I have is a number of photos of us together, is there a way to get say prints of these photos dated and witnessed as to be acceptable as valid prof in the future?

I have had many relationships with ladies from Thailand but most have ended when the start asking me to send money, for some reason I honestly believe Dre'an to be different.

BB

Itemised phone bills, photos of the two of you together taken over a period of time, flight tickets/receipts, hotel receipts, any emails etc. Basically anything that can show that the two of you have known each other for the period you claim and have met each other.

As i put on another thread, even if you use a cheap telephoe provider, make some SMS to her Thai number. Get her on a monthly post paid scheme (with a limit if possible) and then she can sms you and keep the paper records. You can pay the bill online if you wish with AIS Serenade for sure.

Emails are good and perhaps have her do some translations on the email to add value - it worked for a girl into Oz a while back.

Document everything.

BB

Do a standing order for a small amount every month to her bank account,thatll help,.

BB

Do a standing order for a small amount every month to her bank account,thatll help,.

The best way for her to get her full name translated in english is to get a Thai passport this process is very easy she just goes to the thai passport office with Id card and family book and a week later she will have a passport, it only cost a 1000 baht, just keep everything you can.goodluck bud. marshall

The best way for her to get her full name translated in english is to get a Thai passport this process is very easy she just goes to the thai passport office with Id card and family book and a week later she will have a passport, it only cost a 1000 baht, just keep everything you can.goodluck bud. marshall

The new ID cards also have the names in English.

BB

I guess you will want to apply for a tourist visa first, then (adapted from the UK Visa website)

As a guide, you should include:

* bank statements, payslips, or some other evidence to show that she can pay for the trip and that she has enough money to support herselfself and any dependants without working or getting any help from public funds, and

* evidence that she intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit (for example, a letter from her employer, or a copy of her family book to show she has people to take care back home). She does not need to have a job.. but it helps...

If she is visiting family or friends you will need:

* a letter from her sponsor (youg) explaining her relationship with you and the purpose of her visit, and

* a copy of the bio-data page (the page containing their photograph) of your UK passport

If you will be supporting her during her visit, or paying for the cost of the visit, you will need:

* payslips, bank statements, or some other evidence to show that you have enough money to support her.

If you want to apply for another type of visa you will need more supporting evidence.

A friends of mine from a very "good" family was refused a tourist visa to the UK despite having study in the USA, traveled to Australia and having land.... It is getting harder.

Having land in her name, even if it is only a few rai, make a lot of difference, otherwise, keep EVERYTHING, take a lots of pictures of the two of you in remarkable occasion. (festivals). have your friends met her and write support letter, same from her thai freinds (if they are "HiSo) enough).

The more you put the better it is. Don't invent, don't lie, don't put money on her bank account 2 days before she goes to the embassy (that would be a reason for refusal!).

[sandy]

BB

Hi,

After reading your post, I think maybe you need to get to know your lady a little better.

Me and my now wife was thinking of applying for a tourist visa after only knowing eachother a few months, but after reading through posts on this exellent forum, we decided we properbly had no chance, reason for her to return and not being able to put together a good relationship background of us were the main reasons we decided not to go through with the tourist visa.

A few more trips to Thailand during that year, saving hotel reciepts in both our names, flight tickets and taking lots of photos, at different locations during our time together, being Phuket, jomtien, bkk, and at her village with her ma, pa and family.

We put forward her sv application more or less a year after we met, and 2weeks after we married, supplying my phone contract bills, phone cards, photos, hotel reciepts in our names, flight tickets and my mrs saved the packages from where I sent her gifts.

The packages were dated throughout the year we had been together.

I also opened up a basic bank account here in England and gave her the card and pin.

I then transfered money into the account from my current account, saves charges :o good thinking batman.

Tranfering money to her Thai bank was costing me £20 a time, and also getting charged in Thailand, I never have used western union, only once.

Reading your post, you have no intention of sending your lady money, thats upto you, but sending her a little baht, and you saving the statements, slips etc will give your relationship background a little boost, when you do decide to apply.

Also you have pay as you go, if you use pay as you go, do you use international calling cards, if so, save them all.

Do you write to your lady? send her gifts etc? tell her to save the envelopes, packages.

Good luck

Scotty

Just another tip

Write to her and send photographs of your residence and the area, plus your family with names on the back. Address the letter in English and Lao (get her to email address in Lao). Tell her to keep the envelopes as well as the contents and do it regularly

good Luck

Lloyd

You will need (to get your friend a tourist visa)

(1) Proof of your Divorce if you have been married

(2) A letter from two friends who know about your relationship stating you are a good person and they know you have a relationship with a lady from Thailand. This needs to be accompanied by proof of their ID copy of passport or driving licence.

(3) Proof of you job and salary (Letter from your employer)

(4) 6 months pay slips

(5) Keep itemised phone bills (ring this number for 1p a minute calls to Thailand....08448612121 from UK)

(6) Keep Yahoo messages MSN messages and all emails.

(7) When you apply for a tourist visa ask for two weeks and book the return flight. (if you get on and want to, you can change the flight and she can stay for 6 months)

You are trying to prove it is a genuine relationship and you can pay for the trip.

After this the next step is get married in BKK and apply for a marriage visa (she can start work as soon as she hits UK soil) (cheapest option)

Good luck!

Robin

BB

Basil, you state that this lady’s English is poor, so how does she manage to text you? Just curious.

Regarding the visa, if she has a job to return to after the future UK trip, it will look good and will count towards having a ‘reason to return’ I assume she must already have a good job as you don’t seem to intend to send her money. However if she doesn’t have a good job enabling her to support herself, how do you expect her to live?

BB

Basil, you state that this lady's English is poor, so how does she manage to text you? Just curious.

Regarding the visa, if she has a job to return to after the future UK trip, it will look good and will count towards having a 'reason to return' I assume she must already have a good job as you don't seem to intend to send her money. However if she doesn't have a good job enabling her to support herself, how do you expect her to live?

Hi Guys, thanks for the suggestions.

As for some of the questions, yes her English is poor, she has been working hard with a number of books trying to learn English and uses a dictionary for text messages, sometimes she does use the wrong words but I can understand, just glad she has not got hold of the book of text messages that many bar girls have.

As for her coming to the UK, it must be her decision and if we are to marry I would want her to visit the UK first, but this would be a long time in the future and given my track record with Thai ladies our relationship will be history by then, I just want to be prepared if she would like to come to the UK.

As for sending money, that is something I would not do except for sending her the occasional present as it costs so much just to send money.

Her work history is that she has worked in a number of factories in Bangkok and when I first meet her she had only worked in the bar for 2 weeks, I do not know what her future plans are, at present she has gone back to Surin for the week, she found relatives in Jomtien who run a restaurant so that may be her plans for the future, obviously I do not want her to work in bars as it is a precondition of the job that the must do so many bar fines a month but as I would not be sending her money I could not ask her to give up bar work, that must be her decision as she will need to make a living, I am shore that there are many jobs available, they just do not pay as well, I know I have not asked her to give up the bar but she must know it concerns me and I let her prove just how much she loves me.

Obviously my plans for the future are dreams, but just may be they will come true.

BB

Regarding the phone records, you have pay as you go right?

Well you obviously have a computer/laptop and have access to the net right?

Log onto to voip-discount, its 10 euros and you get about 200 days free to call Thailand, landlines and mobiles, yes its free.

You get around 8 hours talk time a week, after that its 1 cent a min.

You need to call from ur computer/laptop and all calls are saved, time, length etc

You can then print off all the itemised calls you make to your lass.

So get yourself a nice headset for about a tenner and away you go, my mrs uses voip to call her mam and pap.

Not bad for around £8.

You can txt too for around 7 cent.

Scotty & K

BB

Basil, you state that this lady's English is poor, so how does she manage to text you? Just curious.

Regarding the visa, if she has a job to return to after the future UK trip, it will look good and will count towards having a 'reason to return' I assume she must already have a good job as you don't seem to intend to send her money. However if she doesn't have a good job enabling her to support herself, how do you expect her to live?

Hi Guys, thanks for the suggestions.

As for some of the questions, yes her English is poor, she has been working hard with a number of books trying to learn English and uses a dictionary for text messages, sometimes she does use the wrong words but I can understand, just glad she has not got hold of the book of text messages that many bar girls have.

As for her coming to the UK, it must be her decision and if we are to marry I would want her to visit the UK first, but this would be a long time in the future and given my track record with Thai ladies our relationship will be history by then, I just want to be prepared if she would like to come to the UK.

As for sending money, that is something I would not do except for sending her the occasional present as it costs so much just to send money.

Her work history is that she has worked in a number of factories in Bangkok and when I first meet her she had only worked in the bar for 2 weeks, I do not know what her future plans are, at present she has gone back to Surin for the week, she found relatives in Jomtien who run a restaurant so that may be her plans for the future, obviously I do not want her to work in bars as it is a precondition of the job that the must do so many bar fines a month but as I would not be sending her money I could not ask her to give up bar work, that must be her decision as she will need to make a living, I am shore that there are many jobs available, they just do not pay as well, I know I have not asked her to give up the bar but she must know it concerns me and I let her prove just how much she loves me.

Obviously my plans for the future are dreams, but just may be they will come true.

BB

Basil, just read your previous post before I posted before.

Right, she works in a bar, your not taking care of her, and you want your dream to come true right??

Well my advise would be, sort your head out, before someone takes your dream away.

You no what I mean matey, like you said, your along time visitor of los.

Good luck :o

I know I have not asked her to give up the bar but she must know it concerns me and I let her prove just how much she loves me

and there you might put the lass in an impossible situation between a rock and a hard place.

She may indeed truly love you, but on the other side she must earn money in line with her families expectations.

If it comes down to having to choose between family or farang, you should only need basic knowledge of Thai culture to know the answer.

Harsh words i know, but remember Thais are not westerners and do not think the same.

(and by that comment i mean no disrespect at all to Thais, of which i know there are quite a few who are members here...... and we are pleased to have you :o )

Edited by Lancashirelad