Ban On Irish Getting Married In Thailand

samran

Guys,

here is one out of left field. A couple of my friends (Irish) were planning on getting married in Thailand later this year.

Apparently their tour company told them that the Thai government has a ban on Irish getting married in Thailand. I have never heard of anything like this, and will be calling up the Thai embassy later today for them, but in the meantime, does anyone know if such a law actually exists?

Not clear from your post but assume from the 'travel agency' talk it is two Irish that intend to marry? If so they have to have a freedom to marry paper from their Embassy (which I don't believe they have here - only an honorary Consulate)) so that probably would be problem number one for travel agency. Also from quick check it appears that newspapers/churches and advance planning may be required. If Embassy of Thailand does not have a clue about what you are talking about would check that it is not the travel agency itself that is saying this as they don't know how to do it.

Guys,

here is one out of left field. A couple of my friends (Irish) were planning on getting married in Thailand later this year.

Apparently their tour company told them that the Thai government has a ban on Irish getting married in Thailand. I have never heard of anything like this, and will be calling up the Thai embassy later today for them, but in the meantime, does anyone know if such a law actually exists?

Sorry mate but this is a load of bog manure a load of horse s***

Really.

Who has been pulling your leg.

I believe this new law is going to be enforced world wide, something to do with gene pools or some such thing, still dont understand why news papers cant spell jeans correctly and what clothing has to do with getting married though

all the best

shamus

More horse sh**

Where in god do we find them.

Guys,

Sorry mate but this is a load of bog manure a load of horse s***

Really.

Who has been pulling your leg.

I believe this new law is going to be enforced world wide, something to do with gene pools or some such thing, still dont understand why news papers cant spell jeans correctly and what clothing has to do with getting married though

all the best

shamus

More horse sh**

Where in god do we find them.

Even so.. sounds like a good idea.... :o:D:D

totster :D

p.s No offence meant !! :D

Thanks Lop for the one serious answer, it was a legit question. No one was pulling my leg.

My two Irish friends were extremely pissed off as they were well into organising their wedding plans when their clueless travel agent gives them this piece of "information". Me thinks that the London based travel agency couldn't be arsed with organising it in Thailand for them.

Anyway, checked it out with the consular section of the RTE here in London, who told me that the travel agent was wrong.

To the others who replied, thank God Thailand will never give you long term visas to stay there. It would just lower the overall IQ level of the entire place.

Call Eric Ruttman (sp?) at the Dusit Laguna in the Laguna Resorts on Phuket (he's the GM). The Dusit there specializes in weddings for foreigners - they would surely know. They have a whole special path on their grounds - lined with trees planted to celebrate the weddings of people married there. As you peruse the walk - almost all the weddings are with foreign brides and grooms.

That Dusit Resort tip is a good one. I think it was all too hard for the travel agent to arrange. Talk to the Resort man and ask for a list of requirements at HKT. The loss of Guinness won't bother me ( bitter muck ), but the odd and occasional pissed Paddy can be a good laugh. Bring 'em on.

That Dusit Resort tip is a good one. I think it was all too hard for the travel agent to arrange. Talk to the Resort man and ask for a list of requirements at HKT. The loss of Guinness won't bother me ( bitter muck ), but the odd and occasional pissed Paddy can be a good laugh. Bring 'em on.

I'm off to the Doc to get these side stitches looked at.

I think that someone was trying to get extra money from your friends.

Its a pity they had to use a travel agent.

I bet they have really well riped off by now.

Better to come here and organise everything yourself,not very difficult and at a fraction of the price.

I am Irish,3 years in LOS,married but not legally as I am still awaiting divorce and I am in no hurry.If u need any info.contact me direct.I am living in the North of Thailand