Teachers Still Essential In Borderless World

Kan Win

:o

Teachers still essential in borderless world: HRH Princess

BANGKOK, Oct 6 (TNA) -

Her Royal Highness Crown Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn yesterday opened an event to mark the World Teachers Day, :D with a ringing endorsement of the continuing importance of teachers in an increasingly technological and borderless world.

Speaking to Education Minister Adisai Bodharamik and members of the Teachers' Council of Thailand, the Crown Princess stressed the need for education for all as a basic human right.

However, such objectives could only be met by relying on teachers.

"Although technology in the modern age has made enormous strides, and information is without borders, this cannot compensate for teachers. Education is not just about the receipt of information, but most importantly about training in how to think, in teaching each individual to rely on themselves and to extend kindnesses to other people. This can only be achieved through teaching", she said.

"The further technology advances, the more we require skilled teachers", she suggested.

Calling on teachers to ensure that they kept up with current global developments, she said that teaching represented one of the highest professions, and that teachers should be proud of their social role.

(TNA)--E006

:D

Edited by Kan Win

Nice article, but what's with the eyerolling?

:(

eyerolling smilies = Happiness, to me BTW, like a child’s’ eyes :o “Look on the Bright Side of Life.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Now just for you............... :D:D:wub:Which one are you ??? :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

One Kan not Win, Kan one, on each and every post... BTW....... :)

Kan Win

P.S. @ least I did post this one for you teachers – Shame no one from your side mentioned about World Teachers Day – but then again, do you give a ………… what Day it is. Ehhhhhh emoticonsless one………… :D

As the song goes (The Wall) "Hay TEACHER leave MY Smilies alone, all and all your just another………………………in the Wall……”

And you Profess to be “Ijustwannateach” ?????????? :D

Teach what ??? “Sadness” -_-

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy Holidays to the rest of you.

I suppose from OP's eyerolling smilies that he feels he has done well without teachers?  Or would have done better without them?  Or that his children will not need them?  Or that he will do all his education at home?

Nice article, but what's with the eyerolling?

"Steven"

:D:D:D

I suppose from OP's eyerolling smilies that he feels he has done well without teachers?

Ehhh .................

What is OP's..................... :o

I have thought it before, and ill no doubt think it again when reading your posts....

just what exactly are you on!?!  :D

Its like you come from a different planet at times... all be it one id like to visit  :)

:D:wub::D

On this, as posted before:-

medium.jpg

Its like you come from a different planet at times...

Beam him up Scotty:- ????

medium.jpg

Everything is KayO now, since “Santini” wants to see us.. :)

Santini, please ask Francois. He was with us once....... -_-

all be it one id like to visit 

Yes you may, anytime in Kan. Welcome to Your very own Planet.... :-

large.jpg

Please read my signature and Welcome to the Rest of your Life :o

Kan Win

P.S. All Photos that I have posted are copyright (win13). These are my own . Please feel FREE to use these to promote Thailand ONLY Thank you. :(

Edited by Kan Win

I have thought it before, and ill no doubt think it again when reading your posts....

Its like you come from a different planet at times... all be it one id like to visit  :)

:o

Well since you asked:-

On Flower Power:-

large.jpg:wub:

Really. Me no Butterfly. :D

large.jpg:)

Opps........I did it again.... wong photo.... :D

Happy Days to you all.... -_-

------------------------------------------------------------

All Photos that I have posted are copyright (win13). These are my own . Please feel FREE to use these to promote Thailand ONLY, Thank you. :(

Beam him up Scotty:- ????

Everything is KayO now, since “Santini” wants to see us.. :D

Santini, please ask Francois. He was with us once....... :o

Kan Win, what kind of plant is that growing on your rooftop? If it is what I think it is, don't bogart it brother, share with Jah Rastafari :D .

Beautiful photos by the way.

Nice photos.  Where was the waterside pic taken?

:D:o:D

Vajiralongkron Reservoir, formerly know as Khao Laem Reservoir near Thong Pha Phum district in Kanchanaburi appox. 280 kms west from Bangkok, heading towards Three Pagoda Pass. :D

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Nice photos.  Where was the waterside pic taken?

:D:o:D

Vajiralongkron Reservoir, formerly know as Khao Laem Reservoir near Thong Pha Phum district in Kanchanaburi appox. 280 kms west from Bangkok, heading towards Three Pagoda Pass. :D

Isn't that a great part of the world up there. I normally live in Suphanburi, and a treat for my wife and I is to go for a drive up that way. It is like another world there, totally natural, if I keep talking about how nice it is there, I will start to bore people.

3 Pagoda, another interesting place to visit, interesting market full of furniture, just remember to bring a pick-up and not a normal car, you will want to buy stuff there.

As a comment on the prices, the "sets" of furniture are about 15% cheaper at 3 pagoda than in Cambodia, after you pay import duty.

I love going there.

mattnich :D

Just for you then, this one. :D

The rest are on my web page. :D

large.jpg

PM me next time should you wish to have a beer or two with us in Kan. :D

Happy Days, :D

Yours as always, :D

Kan Win :o

I must agree that Kanchantaburi is one of the most beautiful, and historically interesting places in Thailand. I was mesmermised the first time I visited. And yes, teachers are most definitely still essential. The day that humans learn solely from machines, will be the downfall of the humanrace. :o

Edited by mbkudu

Not to be a party-pooper, but this thread has gone way off teaching, if it ever was about teaching...   :D  perhaps it should be locked, or is there a never-never land that naughty threads go who've run away from their parents....  ???

"Steven"

This Fred never went away from Teaching BTW. Only you took it that away.

You, Sir, took want I meant in my “:D” a little bit different from what I am “on” i.e. “Happiness to the children of Thailand and of This World”. :D

What I try to show is ‘Happiness’ to all children, of which I rarely had in my childhood, as I was a “Refuge from the WW II”. :D

Ahhh.. and now you told me that I “Hi Jack-ed” on http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...pic=22043&st=60 that Fred. X-cues-me. :o

Sorry, but that one was on the subject of “Observations, Who posts and what ...

” me think… and yes one did “Observer, Who posts and what ...hence my post on that Fred.

Happy Days.

Kan Win :D

P.S. Should you be in Kan, Ijustwannateach, PM Kan Win and you shall be Welcomed, for a drink or two. :D

P.P.S Thank you all for your comments …… Love you lots.

I suppose from OP's eyerolling smilies that he feels he has done well without teachers?

Ehhh .................

What is OP's..................... :D

FYI - OP is Original Poster

mandl

Thank you mandl. :o

This one is for you. Enjoy

large.jpg

The view is :D 'as we all ride on the back of' :DThaiVisaDotCom:D (rear view) from just over “The Crest of the Wave” :D

Happy Days. :D

Kan Win :D

Edited by Kan Win