Thai Passport For Thai Lady

An application has to be made in person at the office in Chaeng Wattana, Bangkok or the one in Central shopping centre in Bang Na, Bangkok. They undertake to post the passport to you within a week or you can collect it in person. If the latter, they will tell you when to come back.

To get the passport an applicant should only have to show their ID card but take the family book (tabian bahn) just in case.

Sorry, it means a trip to Bangkok.

Scouse.

Easiest one from Pattaya is the Bang na shopping centre, get the bus to Ekamai from Pattaya and then get the BTS to On-Nut and then you show your BTS card before putting it through the machine and they give you a free BTS return bus ticket to Bang-na.

Get the first bus from pattaya about 5am and your back in Pattaya by 2pm thats if you want to do it cheap like me!!!

Last Month my wife got her Thai passport. From Pattaya the best way is the bus to Morchit for 100 baht then a Taxi To the Department of Consul General at Laksi, it's not too far away and should cost less than 100 baht to get there. My wife applied on the Wednesday and it was ready on the Friday for pick up. From memory the passport cost 1,030 baht for you to pick up or for 1,070 baht and they will post it to you. All she needed was her ID card, hope that helps.

All she needed was her ID card, hope that helps.

Be careful. If I remember correctly she will also need to provide her household card. Also any info on name change different to her birth certificate e.g. was married married to a Thai man & has not changed her name back to maiden name. In which case she will also need to provide copy of divorce papers. However Thai Foreign Affairs Office does have a web site with all requirements info in English & Thai; refer to: www.mfa.go.th then SEE "PASSPORT" UNDER "VISA/CONSULAR"